Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121122123124125126127128129130131
Results 2,601 to 2,617 of 2617

Thread: Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by darkbydesign View Post
    If you want outrageous you should blind buy.......UNUM - But Not Today. Then you'll know something legit outrageous. :).
    for a truly bizarre experience, i would suggest "Io Non Ho Mani Che Mi Accarezzino il Volto" - that fucking thing smells like death, or maybe morgue, and not in a perfume-y "nice way", very literal actually. "But Not Today" is very interesting too, but i didn't find it shocking at all. although i must admit, i kinda imagined myself a vampire drinking a virgin's blood haha.

I use "At The Barbershop" from the Margiela replica line, picked it up about 5 months ago and love it so much still

I'm taking suggestions for church scents. I have/had CDG Avignon, Armani Bois d'Encens and Heeley Cardinal. UNUM LAVS is next up on my list if I can manage to find it, but I'd happily get something else. Thanks!

This is the best thread I could think of to post this here:

LOVE AND DEATH: COLD CAVE X BLACKBIRD

I hope the smell is superior to the appearance of the packaging. Looks like either hair gel or a Bruno Banani fragrance.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    I hope the smell is superior to the appearance of the packaging. Looks like either hair gel or a Bruno Banani fragrance.
    Yep...
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Quote Originally Posted by stagename View Post
    I'm taking suggestions for church scents. I have/had CDG Avignon, Armani Bois d'Encens and Heeley Cardinal. UNUM LAVS is next up on my list if I can manage to find it, but I'd happily get something else. Thanks!
    Essence of John Galliano by Diptyque is the closest thing to what I would say is distilled orthodox Catholic Church in a bottle. It’s only available in candle and room spray, but I use the room spray to scent clothes or a spray on the chest (it’s potent - a bottle will likely last you years). Most Diptyque boutiques have it and it’s easily found online - but not at the shop in shops like we have in Toronto at saks and holts. Very well crafted, and worth looking for when traveling.

LAV’s is what you seek. Although. Long discontinued, Norma Komali incense is holy grail territory (if you can find it).

Thanks haydn and Law! Super appreciated. I've added both and going over the border next week so I'll keep my eyes open.

Avignon is my fav churchy scent by far. Never liked UNUM Lavs, didn't work well on my skin.

Though my all time fav scent is Iris Silver Mist from Serge Lutens and my everyday one now is Aesops Hwyl haha, very underrated but I think some of you would really like it!

You might like Black Cuir by Evodie — it’s a churchy summer scent. I found out about it via a blind scent tasting at a perfumer.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by delicious_not View Post
    "Io Non Ho Mani Che Mi Accarezzino il Volto" - that fucking thing smells like death, or maybe morgue, and not in a perfume-y "nice way", very literal actually.
    ok so this monster of a perfume just wouldn't leave my head so i tried it on a few more times since that post and gotta say this is one of my fav perfumes already lol, def gonna buy a full bottle... although it doesn't smell to me like something a morgue worker would probably smell like anymore, this is still the weirdest thing i have ever tried - now i think of it like it's some medieval poison, and yeah the "smell of death" still stands.

as for the church scents, i would add "La Liturgie des Heures" by Jovoy to the list.

The new Noir Encens by Mad et Len is pure magic. It's right next up on my list , it was an instant coup de coeur for me!!
    UNUM LAVS is really cool too, although slightly too sweet / talc on my skin

Talking about UNUM, any experiences with 'Symphonie Passion' and/or 'Rosa Nigra'?

My last perfume purchase was CdG Concrete. My CdG Black bottle was finished, so I went to get another one. However every single store sold out and I ended up purchasing Concrete instead. Something completely different. Remark that I was having a cold and couldn't smell a thing. Concrete being from CdG, I took the gamble and just bought it. I felt let down by it after the first couple of wears, too simple and bit bland and way too pricey for what it is. But couple weeks into it I kinda like the subtleness of it. However will not be buying this again nor will I ever go out perfume shopping with a cold.
    Last edited by unwashed; 02-20-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Talking about UNUM, any experiences with 'Symphonie Passion' and/or 'Rosa Nigra'?
    I haven't smelled Rosa NIgra so I can't tell, but Symphonie Passion is also on my favorites list, and is my fav UNUM perfume. Apparently LAVS is their best seller, but its too sweet for me.
    Symphonie Passion has a nice balance between lightness/freshness/citrucy-ness and something heavier, metallic, with a lot of character. I figure it's a perfect transitional weather fragrance IMO, spring or fall, but maybe leaning more into the summer side of things.

I will def be buying it in the next months ;)

I'm now using Joe Malone White Jasmine & Mint Cologne and I love it so much.

damn, UNUM LAVS and Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures are so gorgeous i can practically live in them. the former is probably the closest you can get to the classic incesce, pretty heavy and dark, and the latter is some sort of pine-y incense, very beautiful too. sorry CDG Avingon, but you take the third place in my book now.