Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbydesign
    • Sep 2010

Best deodorant on the planet w/o scent and probably the only one that doesn't break out my skin or fuck with my perfume action is the cream by Keihl's? Sounds crazy, but I live and die by that stuff. It's awesome and actually works.

Comment

• wilbur
      • Nov 2011

Huh. Never used a deodorant that wasn't on a stick/roller. I might just have to take your recommendation though, since it is in stock at the department store I occasionally get perfume from.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I use Mitchum unscented.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Kiehls still has aluminum though which I don't like and actually left white stains more than any other deodorant I ever used... I use Malin and Goetz now which does have a smell but it's not soo strong, Tom's unscented is also good if you want to avoid aluminum but some people have a weird reaction to the herbs they use.

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
          Best deodorant on the planet w/o scent and probably the only one that doesn't break out my skin or fuck with my perfume action is the cream by Keihl's? Sounds crazy, but I live and die by that stuff. It's awesome and actually works.
          music

Comment

• chestercopperpot
            • Oct 2011

ive been using arm and hammer naturals for the past few years.

not terribly expensive and no aluminum so no pit stains.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Dane View Post
              I use Mitchum unscented.
              I tried Mitchum once after hearing good things online... big mistake. It completely discolored my t-shirt and even the towel I dried myself off with after washing the stuff off. I don't know what was in there but my body sure didn't agree with it
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

aluminum is a bitch
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

Yeah, gotta admit that the aluminum is truly a mess! There's a wonderfully scented (not in some nasty old-fashioned way) and clear stick one without aluminum (I assume) from Malin + Goetz but after about one stick, my skin starts drying out and is extremely irritated. The Keihl's one is awesome because you can control the amount well with the amount of cream you use. I find it sticks to your skin better than the stick/roller shit.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                    • Nov 2009

I use an aluminum free deodorant I found on etsy called monkey pits.

She can make it scented with organic essential oils and has a large number of scent blends to choose from. She can also customize the texture for sensitive pits regardless if they are manly or i.e.- me - girly. My husband uses this as well.

I ordered samples and have 2 custom blends with extra sheabutter scented with a blend of organic essential oils that I are fantastic and keep smelling fresh + stainfree for a good 24 hours.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Maybe we need a What Deodorant Are You Wearing thread, but anyone try Aesop? Sounds interesting but I guess is not a solution to finding a scentless deodorant.

I rotate between Tom's and Malin and Goetz and that somehow prevents any weird reaction from their herbal formulas. If I use Toms exclusively I sometimes get a weird rash.
                      music

Comment

• wilbur
                        • Nov 2011

Hm, I've been using a scented Mitchum deodorant lately for the sole reason that it contains aluminum! It has been working well for me as far as antiperspirants go, but I haven't noticed any ill effects on my shirts... maybe I should go do a quick check

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Honestly, I'm not a deodorant guy...I want an antiperspirant that has lots of chemicals and shit to make me not sweat at all.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

i been wearin the dries van noten for the past few days and its def grown on me , i ilke it much more now then i did initially . i still dont outrite think of it as gourmand but now i find it does have a warm baked cookie quality . i feel like theres kind of a peanut buttery quality to the cookie , not necessarily peanuts but like how peanut butter is smooth but thick . the vanilla sweetens the alrdy warm sandalwood and saffron and i often find myself thinkin of fresh baked cookies . my gripe with perfumes like that is i get tired of it fast . kinda like a craving for somethin sweet and once u finally satisfy it then you dont even wanna think about it for a while . its why i dont like chocolatey perfumes , they smell tasty and good but i get sick of it real fast . i think this is the sweetest smelling in the whole fm line , definately worth a 10ml soon as theyre available but id never be able to go thru a 50ml . i got my decant from a fred malle rep , she knows i like perfumes as a hobby and texted me when they sent her a bottle beforehand
                            Last edited by jogu; 02-25-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• jskidder1
                              • Jan 2011

a little late to the deodorant discussion, but i just want to say that malin + goetz eucalyptus deodorant is one of my favorite things in the world. natural, smells fantastic, and it actually works. nothing i have used comes close, and i've tried a lot.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

Tried that DVN EdP Frederic Malle release and really hope they don't release more scents like that. It's completely divergent from the others of the line (with a potential exception for Musc Rav).

I just didn't like it and it's massively potent, so if you do enjoy it, then you'll smell like those notes all day. I kept thinking I had gotten it on my nose. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎