• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
    The Lutens boutique is one of my stops. Mostly to smell La Vierge de Fer,
    so how is la vierge ? i havent had a chance to try it yet , im not too keen on lillies but i always need to smell any new serge release . hey how much are the bell jars at palais royal ? i was gonna buy one on his site now that we can but the prices for them in the us are astronomical

Comment

• t-bone
      • Dec 2009

Just got a full bottle of Carner's "Cuirs" from a friend which is basically a mellower knock-off of "Black Afgano." Slightly sweeter maybe with a bit more oud up front. Will put it to use this winter since my Afgano decant is gone.

Also have been using a sample of the new Amouage Fate. It's very similar to the Epic after the dry down, but with a lot more cumin and ginger up front. I need to give it a few more days to decide if I like it or not.

In the fall it's hard not to just default to CdG Kyoto. I have yet to find a more complex incense/wood that I like as much. Suggestions?

Comment

• t-bone
        • Dec 2009

Admins, its time to drop the hammer...

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
          find a more complex incense/wood that I like as much. Suggestions?
          have u tried fille en aiguilles from serge lutens ? its very piney and incensey w/ that spice and fruit accord he uses in many of his perfumes . its a really well down use of pine , almost tar like . dries down to a very dark incense and wood

Comment

• t-bone
            • Dec 2009

Hm, I'm sure I smelled it in the shop since I was asking for wood and incense, but I don't recall. Probably overwhelmed already. Just checked the solid sample packs I have and it's not in there. Guess I'm headed to Barney's soon.

Comment

• Shifts
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jogu View Post
              so how is la vierge ? i havent had a chance to try it yet , im not too keen on lillies but i always need to smell any new serge release . hey how much are the bell jars at palais royal ? i was gonna buy one on his site now that we can but the prices for them in the us are astronomical
              Hi jogu!

I only tried it on paper, but it never really peaked my interest. From what I recall, my impression was that it was a clear lily fragrance, with little else going on.

The price for a bell jar is €140 in the store I think. I honestly can't remember.

Comment

• Michelebi
                • Aug 2013

L'eau trois by Diptyque is the top!

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

perfume recent purchase

miel de bois

i drool over this

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Been using CdG Black as the weather has cooled - perfect fall scent.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
                      • Jun 2009

i smelled that recently and i liked it alot more than i thought i would . all that black spicy blackness is full bodied . btw does the barneys flagship still sell serge bell jars ?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Who goes to Barneys anymore?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                          perfume recent purchase

miel de bois

i drool over this
                          everyone thinks you smell like pee

and yes, they do still sell the bell jars...for like, a jillion dollas
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Verdandi
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            I LOVE MdB. It's the ultimate comfort scent to me, though I have to admit it is cloying on the verge of too much in the first few minutes. But the drydown is all snuggly and comforting honey
                            lavender menace

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post

and yes, they do still sell the bell jars...for like, a jillion dollas
                              lol noooooooooo dont say that mang , i avoided samplin mdb for a long time cos of those reviews . then when i finally did i was smitten and upset i had waited so long . it smells exactly like the name , wood and honey . no pee , no alleys . the opening like verdandi says is explosive but that softens , cant even say it mellows , in about 10 mins . then its very dry , sharp woods smothered in raw , tangy honey and its naturally sweet floral and vaguely waxy qualities . it reminds me alot of this perfume oil called moonflower i used to have from this occult shop . it was floral and sharp and unusual . ive smelled all the bois perfumes from lutens and i find miel de bois to be the woodiest , specially in the drydown .
                              i dont understand why the bell jars are $300 here ? cheaper to proxy it from paris

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

I quite like it too...but I get some pee vibes now and then, and it's way too fucking strong.

the bells jars are stupid pricey at barneys, they should be ashamed. I would never consider buying one there considering the paris price.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎