Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifts
    • Jul 2013

Miel de Bois is one of my Lutens favs. I rarely wear it though. Not for the faint of heart I'd say.

The downside is its linearity which it hits after the quite brief but amazing drydown and that it is quite tenacious at that point. If only wear it if I know my body temperature won't rise the least. So a big no-no in the subway or when trying on clothes.

All those things aside it is still one magnificent fragrance.

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Been using CdG Black as the weather has cooled - perfect fall scent.

This? Been using Wonderwood and want something similar..

Focusing on object details

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

any thoughts on this one? i only had a quick whiff, but i liked it a lot, as opposed to the other overly zesty lemonades AdP make. then again, i probably have the worst nose on sz...

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          I quite like it too...but I get some pee vibes now and then, and it's way too fucking strong.

the bells jars are stupid pricey at barneys, they should be ashamed. I would never consider buying one there considering the paris price.
          How much is a ball jar from Paris? I thought they were ~$300 no matter where you got these in the world. No?

Comment

• Verdandi
            • Mar 2012

Around 130 €, some a bit more others a bit less.
            I didn't know they were that expensive in North America. Greedy, Serge, greedy.
            lavender menace

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

Wow. Quite the reduced price.... I will just buy from Paris from now on, indeed.

I'm guessing it's a Barney's thing since they are the "exclusive" distributor in the states for the bell jars.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Jay Z is making a fragrance. Predictably, it's called Gold. I think he should've cold it Money, you know, if we are going to the source.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by magic View Post
                  This? Been using Wonderwood and want something similar..

http://slamxhype.com/wp-content/uplo...e-1.jpg?0a2ff8
                  No, this! I say go for it.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Jay Z is making a fragrance. Predictably, it's called Gold. I think he should've cold it Money, you know, if we are going to the source.
                    I hope Amouage sues him and takes some of his money away and then uses it to makes something that smells actually good.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

No, this! I say go for it.
                      Aren't the same? I am confused haha..

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                        any thoughts on this one? i only had a quick whiff, but i liked it a lot, as opposed to the other overly zesty lemonades AdP make. then again, i probably have the worst nose on sz...
                        I like the whole line, if you're after a classic, floral cologne. would I buy it? no. not when things like Chanel's Eau de Cologne exist.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by magic View Post
                          Aren't the same? I am confused haha..
                          Tongue in cheek that you should be reading SZ-mag.com instead ;)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

Tongue in cheek that you should be reading SZ-mag.com instead ;)

I googled for the pic and that's the first results..

Going down later to try out.. hopefully it suits me^

Comment

• savant
                              • Jul 2011

Gonna pick up the CDG Black at some point as well

Comment

• Dorje
                                • Oct 2013

Hi SZ

I've been into fragrance for a while, but I tend to develop chemical sensitivities to many of the aromachemicals used in modern perfumerie. It is amazing how your perception of smell and relation to them can change over time. But some of the purely synthetic notes (purely, as in not a replica of a naturally occuring molecule) can be very strange, like iso-e super which in in so many modern frags. So, I shy away from a lot of mainstream fragrances but am always into trying natural fragrances.

My favorite modern fragrance and the only one I use regularly is Puredistance M, which stands head and shoulders above most modern frags. There is quite a bit of synthetic musk in the composition, but a lot of high quality essential oils as well. I have had it since it came out a couple years ago and whatever synthetics are used don't bother me.

My favorite natural perfumer is Agaraura, the owner Taha is one of the best in the world imo... I think the biz is only a few years old and it will be very interesting to see how it develops over time. He has made two attars for me, and I have a few of his regular releases and pure agarwood (oud) oils. The first attar he made for me last year was a mix of real silver ambergris, rose, tobacco and clary sage among others, I get a comment about it almost every time I wear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎