No announcement yet.

Men's Fragrances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm outof perfume. I used CDG no2 ever since i bought the only bottle i bought 2 years ago. i ran outof it a month ago and i miss it terribly. It's my chanel no 5, a.k.a. perfect perfume.

I'm looking for a cucumber perfume now. I want one light and minimalistic crisp, and one dark and moody one.

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

I am also a CDG 2 man.

It's so classically masculine yet remarkably eccentric.

The citrus scents are nice also, but it's too cold and brisk in Canada to wear fresh and airy smells.
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
        i'm outof perfume. I used CDG no2 ever since i bought the only bottle i bought 2 years ago. i ran outof it a month ago and i miss it terribly. It's my chanel no 5, a.k.a. perfect perfume.

I'm looking for a cucumber perfume now. I want one light and minimalistic crisp, and one dark and moody one.
        CDG 2 or 2 MAN?

I must have gone through 6-7 bottles of the CDG 2 MAN already! Nothing else will do...for now...

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Charged View Post
          CDG 2 or 2 MAN?

I must have gone through 6-7 bottles of the CDG 2 MAN already! Nothing else will do...for now...
          All the perfect timbres, right? And such a fresh scent. I was a little allergic to it at first though. I was so disappointed that I would maybe have to resell it or give it away.
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charged View Post
            CDG 2 or 2 MAN?

CDG2. I don't like 2 MAN. It's not the original vision. It's a compromised and adapted to real world end result. I want the whole thing.

Comment

• JSebbe
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by merz
              cdg 2 reminds me of les.
              and we all love les!

Comment

• klangspiel
                • Apr 2007

lately i've been alternating between these two a great deal - occasionally, and lightly, layered with the stinkbomb. the moroccan desert air has an amazing drydown - sombre but warm dry desert-dry woodiness - which lasts and lasts...

Comment

• rach2jlc
                  • Sep 2006

^I've not tried the Poivre, but the Tauer is very nice. In a similar vein was another I really like, L'artisan Timbuktu.

I've also been sampling Tom Ford White Patchouli lately and am really impressed. I also love Black Orchid, but was less than thrilled with "Tom Ford for Men." Nevertheless, the White Patchouli is another standout if you like that note.

Comment

• Catfood
                    • Oct 2008

Just bought this:

The other day on an impulse, liked it at first but I'm finding it's a little tiring when worn at length. I like the woody base, but the sweet spices are slightly too overpowering for me. I get the feeling it would suit a woman better.

The simplest way to describe it would be that it smells a lot like the incense they burn at hindu temples, guess thats not really especially surprising when you consider the name and the rest of the incense series.

Comment

• Real Real
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by rach2jlc View Post
                      My favorite Citrus of all time is Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree. It's VERY fresh, but funky and almost foul. It's "stinky oranges." Whereas most orange scents have a sort of nice, polite sweetness, this one is bitter and crisp and makes you go, "Woh!" :)
                      Yeah, great stuff (used it this morning) -- I smell cumin in it, though maybe it's hay.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                        • Jan 2008

i just wanted to thank whoever first mentioned the burning leaves fragrance here, i was taken aback by how amazing it is.
                        Originally posted by ddohnggo
                        fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Man, I need to throw down on some of that guy's stuff. Just to have bottles of burning leaves, the library and other nonfragrances like that would just be downright cool :) not to mention the pricing is extremely fair.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Albert, I'm going to stop by his shop in Williamsburg on my bday NYC romp. Let me know if you need any sample, etc.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chim
                              • Dec 2006

ayo faust, when are you stopping by CB? I was wondering if you could pick up "cradle of light" for me- or at least smell it and if it's good, pick up a bottle?

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Not sure if everyone knew but, Luckyscent carries a good amount of the CB line and you can also order samples for $4.

I just picked up CDG Monocle (I love CDG's scents) and I love it! Maybe even more than 2 Man. It seems to stay with me through the entire day while 2 Man wears out midway through. It has a very refreshing, yet organic smell.
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎