Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Any place that I can order samples of Mad Et Len scents? Wish I lived close to a place that carries the candles too... If someone knows of a place in Texas that would be awesome!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

What about Grange Hall?

Hit me up closer to January - I'll try to get you some samples.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

^ holy shit that store looks awesome. Will check it out friday or saturday!

I ended up just saying fuck it and ordering the fig candle. Just a bit more than a Diptyque so why not give it a try :)

Would love to check out some samples though so thanks in advance E!

... I'm still checking intermittently online regarding Rick's years-pending release as well haha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Figue is incredible. You will not be disappointed. Yeah, I've heard good things about Grange Hall. I actually would love your first-person report.

Rick said we'll get a sample for review before the perfume goes live.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Happy to oblige! Surprised a store like that can exist in Dallas. The only other store that could be interesting is Forty Five Ten. They carry Werkstatt and other stuff too. May try to hit both of them up if time allows.

Ethics aside, I really love the Galliano for Diptyque candle. One is almost finished in our place and I have a second brand new one. Will hold off on lighting it and go for Figue :)

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Rick said we'll get a sample for review before the perfume goes live.
              i have the some/things issue with the cashmere wrap cover that was supposed to be drenched in some prototype version, but it basically only smells like dusty cashmere. maybe the lasting power was pretty bad or maybe only some of them were scented. anyone know?

can't make up my mind if i want the perfume to be priced like the sunglasses - i.e. super select distribution (and personal), or if i want it to be a huge fucking commercial success like ck one. cause it would be pretty cool with the whole world full of random people smelling like cat pee and dead lillies.

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Can anyone tell me what is the prominent sort of fresh note at the beginning of Damir Doma's six scents frag? There's the dark smokey, woodsy stuff but something fresh cutting it I really love (ginger?).

Biggest downside of this fragrance is that while it's rich and complex at the beginning, after a couple hours all I smell is patchouli which I don't particularly like. Wondering if I can find something else with the magic of DDs opening that sticks around a bit longer and doesn't leave patchouli behind.
                music

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  cause it would be pretty cool with the whole world full of random people smelling like cat pee and dead lillies.
                  ^^^Maybe in your world, but as long as I don't have to live there, or at least if I could wear an astronaut helm everywhere I went so that I could avoid the cat piss smell. Sounds pretty dreadful, but I wouldn't really expect a Rick scent to smell good or be unique. It's such a commercial line and (clothing)designer frags are usually a waste of time. Even the DVN scent FM EdP put out sucked, relative to the rest of the line (at least I thought so) and that's a pretty solid line of fragrances. Interesting because the reason I hated the DVN scent was because of a similar potent note of cat piss covered up by sandalwood and vanilla. Puke....

Comment

• carlo
                    • Dec 2009

montale intense cafe

anybody tried intense cafe,montale? what are your thoughts

Comment

• ryanhast
                      • Sep 2013

Hallow by Blackbird is my new favorite. Unfortunately their physical store closed, but they are still selling a few items on their site. Fragrance being one of them.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

Just bout a bottle of "Vikt" for a XMas gift to a friend and Slumberhouse sent me this sample called "Zahd". Apparently it's a very limited edition mixture they've put together.

I really like it and sure wish I could find it but apparently they only made 125 bottles / 125 ounces and it's a one-off. It's got some mix of cranberry, cherry, tobacco?, coffee?, cocoa? and much more in there. Reminds me of a cherry tobacco pipe but less smokey. It's SERIOUSLY potent like all of his those fragrances. It's like 10% of a spray will last the entire day.

Here are the official notes: Zahd incorporates notes of cranberry, champaca flower, benzoin, plum, pink lotus, fir, cocoa, tolu, gromwell, wine ether, mysore sandalwood, cherry, incense and oak to create a dark, velvety berry scent.

Comment

• Dorje
                          • Oct 2013

Interesting... can you compare with Kilian's Back to Black? BtB is one of my favorites but it can come off as very powdery which is a turn off for me. I don't interpret it that way, but it does have the notes and many people can only smell "baby powder"... which of course is just a scent association but if half the people only smell baby powder I don't want to wear it.

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by ryanhast View Post
                            Hallow by Blackbird is my new favorite. Unfortunately their physical store closed, but they are still selling a few items on their site. Fragrance being one of them.
                            i would have a hard time supporting them, as i've heard nothing but bad things about how they treated people(employees, suppliers, brands they carried, etc), which is what i assume resulted in them going under. i may be wrong though.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Heard similar stories.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• schuur
                                • Oct 2013

hey guys, i know absolutely nothing about perfumes, have never owned one before. i live in bc and i like the smells of the rainforest here, trees, moss, mushrooms, soil, loam, snow, rain, those kinds of things. i also love the smell of campfire smoke. i am looking for something linear that will last a long time and preferably isnt super expensive, would rather not go too much over 150$. im more interested in smelling than smelling nice if that makes sense... i dont really care too much whether something is "wearable". ive looked through some christopher brosius stuff, the burnt wood accord really appealed to me, the "wild hunt" and "walking in the air" as well, though it is water based which im told means it will not last as long? anyways, if anyone has any experience with those, or any other recommendations, id be super happy to hear them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎