Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifts
    • Jul 2013

I've had some experience with CB I Hate Perfume, but only the oil based ones. They smelled as promised, most of them, the first 5–10 minutes after application to skin. After that they just crumble down and leaves you with a horrid Make-your-own-fragrances-in-5-easy-steps residue.

Order samples if you can so you can experience them before making a purchase.

Comment

• Dorje
      • Oct 2013

schuur, buy samples and lots of them! I've had good luck with luckyscent.

A couple recs... Profumum Arso and Puredistance M.

And forget about price. Having one frag that you love is worth more than 50 that are just meh...

Comment

• antabaka
        • Mar 2013

i've never really spent money on fragrances because i'd just spend my money on clothes, but recently i've picked up some comme des garcons 2 man and i'm really stoked on it. i finally don't smell like sweaty dj

Comment

• flicers
          • Sep 2009

schuur, maybe try lalique's encre noir

Comment

• Dorje
            • Oct 2013

Speaking of spending money on frags, Puredistance recently came out with BLACK

I was just looking at what's new on luckscent, so it's really schuur's fault... but I'd add that to the must sample list.

Puredistance is really on another level. Their compositions remind of the best vintage perfumes, but with a modern edge.

Comment

• resolution653
              • Nov 2013

schuur:

forest-y

Shop for Norne Parfum Extrait by Slumberhouse at Luckyscent, Find Norne Parfum Extrait by Slumberhouse

campfire-y

Shop for Bois d'Ascese Eau de Parfum by Naomi Goodsir at Luckyscent, Find Bois d'Ascese Eau de Parfum by Naomi Goodsir

Shop for Patchouli 24 Eau de Parfum by Le Labo at Luckyscent, Find Patchouli 24 Eau de Parfum by Le Labo

also might find interest in "cuir" by mona di orio, "black tourmaline" by olivier durbano, and "lonestar memories" from andy tauer all available @ luckyscent.

peace.

Comment

• Shifts
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
                Speaking of spending money on frags, Puredistance recently came out with BLACK

I was just looking at what's new on luckscent, so it's really schuur's fault... but I'd add that to the must sample list.

Puredistance is really on another level. Their compositions remind of the best vintage perfumes, but with a modern edge.

...and it is boring, generic male fragrance at best. I can't believe they release something like that, giving the very high standard of M.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

biehl's eo2 - thoughts?

i have the worst olfactory sense, but any hint of pine resin / cedar seems to appeal to me cause of where i spent my summers as a kid. guess that's what i got from this one too.

Comment

• Shifts
                    • Jul 2013

I've tried three fragrances from their catalogue, but have been underwhelmed by each one. Can't remember if #2 was a part of that lineup. That style of naming fragrances ,or anything... Useless.

If you enjoy it Shucks, it is good enough though. It all boils down to that.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

of course - still, i'd be interested in hearing some other points of view.

Comment

• Dorje
                        • Oct 2013

I've tried a couple Biehl's, they were ok... nothing special. Quality seemed decent so if they have something that you really like go for it!

Shifts, that's too bad about Pd Black.... but M takes a while to warm up to for a lot of people and reviews of Black seem to be similar to M when it came out. It took me a few wears of M to "get it". Well, I got 2 samples of Black so I'm only in for $10 right now.

Comment

• Shifts
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          of course - still, i'd be interested in hearing some other points of view.
                          Didn't read your post careful enough, I thought you just wrote 02. But you are in luck, I actually had a sample of eo02 at home. Jesus, thought that one was long gone.

Sprayed it on a napkin and… no, I still can't put up with it. I find it really bothersome. Something with those ozonic, calone notes in eo02 that just doesn't work. Smells like "modern" was supposed to smell in the 90s. That cedar note escapes me, it just smells "sporty" to me.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I fucking hate CB perfume. Totally with Shifts here.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 8bpc
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by schuur View Post
                              i also love the smell of campfire smoke.
                              I second resolution653's Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano suggestion. I would also add Black by Comme des Garcons, which reminds me of Black Tourmaline. Both evoked burnt wood for me.

Comment

• resolution653
                                • Nov 2013

^ definitely. i have sample vials of them right here and they are quite similar. on my skin i prefer black tourmaline for the earthy notes, which i surprisingly find refreshing like a rain after fire. cdg black stays dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎