Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resolution653
    • Nov 2013

has anyone tried the latest etat libre d'orange, "la fin du monde" ? im just about out of my sample and am in love with it. opening with a buttery popcorn, then this lovely iris accord, and the the base a faint gun powdery trail.

going to order the masque milano samples soon, most interested in "Montechristo"

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
      Dane: The sample was from luckyscent. You are correct, perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour created both of these fragrances. Thank you for the Aedes de Venustas suggestion, I will try to get a sample soon!
      I've received some samples from them that weren't right...so I would hold out judgement. Also, dabbing can sometimes be the culprit (no putting enough on). I've always been willing to pay the premium for buying samples that are sprays because of this.

No knocking luckyscent though, they are a reputable shop, but sometimes things happen that are beyond their control.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lazyguru
        • Jun 2008

I still cant wrap my nose around oud , the first smell i have really enjoyed is Montale red but only on the mrs & only after like 3 hrs

Anything out there that smells like metal & cigars & something sweet but yet dirty?

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

^ that's a bit of a tall order, but for some reason I think you'd like L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• noirgt
            • Oct 2012

got a Black Afgano last month and now in love with it. The design also fits "SZ standard" I also like Hindu Grass, might pick it up later.

Comment

• Dorje
              • Oct 2013

lazyguru, there are many types of oud and they can be very different, to the point you would not recognize them as being in the same family... what you smell in a composed perfume, there is almost 100% chance it is synthetic. Which is ok but it will only maybe give you a hint of what the real thing is like. If you are interested get some samples from agaraura and oriscent.

Comment

• Dorje
                • Oct 2013

Also, forgot to mention Parfums Raffy is a better place to buy Amouage samples, I think 2.5 mL factory spray samples are about $6... about as cheap as a bottle.

Shop Parfums Raffy perfume store for niche fragrances, designer perfume, cologne and candles in Los Angeles. Free Shipping in US.

Comment

• lazyguru
                  • Jun 2008

thank you guys , look forward to smelling them both

Comment

• lazyguru
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    ^ that's a bit of a tall order, but for some reason I think you'd like L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris.
                    LOL this review , sounds awesome
                    There is no way to describe this perfume.
                    It is somehow musky and earthy, but in a musty way and old weak vanilla in the background.
                    Like the old apartments our grandparents were living and we used to visit on weekends as a child?

As long as the vanilla is not to overbearing like those 99cent candles , we might have a winner

tks agian

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Vanilla was not evident to me.

Comment

• delicious_not
                        • Dec 2012

was pleasantly surprised with both Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense... these might be one of the best mainstream fragrances available, no? the kind of "evening & chic" i wanted to grab for a while.

Comment

• Shifts
                          • Jul 2013

Dior Homme Intense is to me the flanker that comes the closest to the original Dior Homme (which was nothing short of a small miracle). I'm contemplating a purchase.

Purchased a bottle of Comme des Garçons Palisander. Perfumer Yann Vasnier never fails to amaze me. I've tried it many times before, but didn't test it this time. I'm kind of let down actually. It is almost too soft and too fleeting. The scent is nice enough, but it clearly needs a bit more oomph.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

I purchased Le Labo's Gaiac 10 and really enjoy it as it isn't overtly masculine like the many that use vetiver or those that are very smoky, but it isn't flowery either. It's a bit peppery, but many describe it to me as smelling "clean".
                            I'm not looking for something that smells similar but rather, any recommendations for those scents that aren't overbearing, fairly unisex, and where it's hard to place what it is exactly?
                            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

^ Amouage Dia Man.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I smelled Bulgari black and I am not sure why I used to be so in love with it. It's nice, but not something I would wear today.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎