• Show
Clear All
  • Dorje
    • Oct 2013

Amouage Lyric (try Man and Woman)
    By Kilian Rose Oud
    The Different Co Rose Poivre
    Tauer Rose Chypre
    Les Perfumes de Rosine -- ~20 perfumes, all rose.

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady
      l'Artisan - Voleur de Roses
      Serge Lutens - Sa Majesté la Rose

I also second M. Francis Kurkdjian - Lumière Noire pour homme which actually is my newest addition to my scent wardrobe.
      Last edited by Shifts; 03-23-2014, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• cremaster
        • Jan 2010

To endorphinz
        To make your fragrance last longer try Juliette Has a Gun: This is Not a Perfume as an enhancer.
        The theory is it brings out your natural pheromones, which makes it completely original, but also has the added bonus of intensifying and increasing the life of an oversprayed perfume.

Note - by itself, on individual, it can smell brilliant, yet on another it can be, let's say, not so good.

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by cremaster View Post
          To endorphinz
          To make your fragrance last longer try Juliette Has a Gun: This is Not a Perfume as an enhancer.
          The theory is it brings out your natural pheromones, which makes it completely original, but also has the added bonus of intensifying and increasing the life of an oversprayed perfume.

Note - by itself, on individual, it can smell brilliant, yet on another it can be, let's say, not so good.
          Is that the one which smells pretty much identical to Escentric Molecules Molecule 02?

Comment

• cremaster
            • Jan 2010

Sorry Law I am not familiar with that fragrance.

I was always put off by the packaging of the Juliette fragrances but this perfume expert kept pushing me to buy it saying it had won these important awards, so I finally relented.
            Must say I am happy with it but would advise to try before buying.
            Unusual.

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by cremaster View Post
              Sorry Law I am not familiar with that fragrance.

I was always put off by the packaging of the Juliette fragrances but this perfume expert kept pushing me to buy it saying it had won these important awards, so I finally relented.
              Must say I am happy with it but would advise to try before buying.
              Unusual.
              It's essentially just one single solitary note, which is Ambroxan.

Comment

• empaulio
                • Mar 2009

Thank you for all of the replies, i found just the scent i have been looking for: Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady I like the incense part that it also has.
                I am also going to try surge lutens mkk
                I did not quite like kurkdjian LNPH as much as i was hoping to as i am usually a fan of his scents like pour le soir, and his oud.
                Again thank you for the help, as i usually go for more amber, woody scents then floral so was finding it hard to find the perfect one

Comment

• Shifts
                  • Jul 2013

Very nice choice, I'm glad you found something worth getting.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

mmmmm poal , i dont wear it much anymore , kinda burnt out on it but still love it . for the past few mos ive been into lighter stuff and citruses , been wearin l'eau tarocco ALOT . anyone else try the latest hermessence , epice marine ? the opening citrus gust is pretty awesome , i like how it rushes in like a wave soon as you spray it and then pulls back real fast leavin all those spices behind . i thought that part was well orchestrated . im still on the fence if i wanna drop the $$ on a bottle , the price is kinda too high ( imo ) but lately i prefer wearing the kind of perfumes like ellena's style

Comment

• Dorje
                      • Oct 2013

POL is really nice but wear your samples for a while to make sure you will like it over the long run. It has a large dose of iso-e super, which is easy to get more sensitive to over time. I have noticed that a prominent iso-e super note causes many people to tire of the frag over time. Now, unfortunately, it sticks out in the composition to an unbearable degree when used as a major note to my nose...

This goes for any frag, it is a good idea to buy a few samples and use them up before buying a full bottle...

Comment

• eleves
                        • Sep 2012

this thread just shows that I haven't even stepped foot into the world of fragrances. I haven't heard of any of the fragrances mentioned on this last page. I've been strictly using Diptyque, primarily Philosykos. Any recommendations for place to check out some good fragrances in New York?
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Shifts
                          • Jul 2013

eleves: MiN has already been mentioned, I would seek them out to begin with: http://minnewyork.com/

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

Just got more:

Aedes de Venustas - I swear it's like spicy rhubarb for days.

CdG Red: Harissa - It's the 3rd bottle I've had, so obviously love it.

Frederic Malle - Noir Epices - First bottle I've owned of this scent, but love the mix of spices and oriental type vibes, yet without the powdery or vanilla scents mixed in. Old school sorta feel, but love it.

Should get me through spring.

Comment

• flashoflight
                              • Sep 2013

What is a good starting point for higher end scents? I don't know much about them but would like to see what is out there. My current bottle is about done and I need to pick up something new.

So far I've been using the usual mall brand stuff. I've enjoyed Eau Fraiche by Versace which is what I currently use and have been using for the past few years. I've also really liked the Jeans Couture by Versace (which they discontinued) and Acqua Di Gio. I've probably just named some of the most despised perfumes on here haha. My tastes are towards the citrus-y based on those I think?

I was interested in smelling some of the Damir Doma stuff, but it seems like that has been discontinued. Anyway, suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Comment

• Dorje
                                • Oct 2013

fol, there's no substitute for trying them. I would make a list and order as many samples as you can, luckyscent and most other webshops have good sample programs if you don't have local shops to visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎