Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rach2jlc
    • Sep 2006

For me this morning,, Tom Ford Amber Absolute, from the "Private Blend." Say what you will about TF, the man knows how to market himself and knows how to get good people to make his fragrances. White Patchouli, Black Orchid, many of the Private Blends... all outstanding. Amber Absolute is no exception... a very deep, rich, velvety Amber scent that makes today's weather (18 degrees with a high of only 20... Fahrenheit!) tolerable.

I was disappointed in "Tom Ford for Men," though... but the others are good enough that they more than make up for it.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Black Orchid is an amazing fragrance.

Tom Ford for Men actually grew on me. I remember smelling the bottle one day and being horrified by the smell and then going back a few weeks later and putting it on my skin and absolutely loving it. It's very masculine and I don't wear it too much but it's definitely one of those fragrances that grew on me.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chim View Post
        ayo faust, when are you stopping by CB? I was wondering if you could pick up "cradle of light" for me- or at least smell it and if it's good, pick up a bottle?
        end of this month, if you can wait.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Casius View Post
          Not sure if everyone knew but, Luckyscent carries a good amount of the CB line and you can also order samples for $4.

I just picked up CDG Monocle (I love CDG's scents) and I love it! Maybe even more than 2 Man. It seems to stay with me through the entire day while 2 Man wears out midway through. It has a very refreshing, yet organic smell.
          Funny, I was just saying on the last page how my initial love for it has cooled off..
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Just ordered the CDG Odeur 53 yesterday, so I hope I'll enjoy it!
            I dont have any stores here that carries CDG, so threads likewise to this helps.

Scent for me is a big part about memories, it's when I start connecting the scent with things I start to enjoy it to the fullest.
            Nostalgia-kicks. [/quote]

You are going to love Odeur 53..I have not used it in a long time But it smells like nothing you know...Its like bathing yourself in milk and liquid metal...Must get me a bottle...thought they stopped producing it Or was that just for the US market

Comment

• swami
              • Jul 2008

I have been wearing Etat Libre D Lorange CLOSET QUEEN a lot lately .. Its a weird scent spicy and a little feminine in the bottle but smells different in a few minutes on my skin. Anyone try it?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

It's amazing how many people like CDG stuff. They must make a killing on perfume. No wonder she does all this crazy shit on the runway

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• baby
                  • Aug 2008

yeah. a lot of clothing boutiques here carry just the perfume line and never any of the clothes. not sure if its like that elsewhere but maybe it has to do with easy accessability. i know a lot of girls who wear it who don't have any interest in actual cdg (the clothes or the brand.) so it is kind of strange how it has such a following. but i got some monocle too recently and like it a lot.
                  Originally posted by pipcleo
                  if i see a black man fall on the street i stop and help him up

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    It's amazing how many people like CDG stuff. They must make a killing on perfume. No wonder she does all this crazy shit on the runway
                    Guilty as charged. I use MAN 2 and Kyoto fairly regularly!
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• they do have their own arena in scents. I love their new one. don't remember the name, but it has a bit of violets and smokey cold notes. pretty great! I also tried all the CB perfumes, and I shiver. He's definetly the master. Memory of Kindness is the best shit i've tried for ages. It's so light and crisp, with tomato plant base notes that stay fresh all day. I'm wishing for a bottle for christmas :)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Ok, ok, now I am really excited to go to his store. Is it birthday yet?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

haha, I just found out via his site that there's a San Antonio stockist! Go figure... not sure what they'll carry but I'm gonna check em out in the next few days.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avyer
                            • Dec 2007

From this thread I've ordered Black March, Burning Leaves, and In the Library and have to say I love all of them. I don't usually wear scents, but I can tell In the Library will become my staple.
                            Remember, be here now.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avyer View Post
                              From this thread I've ordered Black March, Burning Leaves, and In the Library and have to say I love all of them. I don't usually wear scents, but I can tell In the Library will become my staple.
                              Ayver, those three are at the top of my list for ones I'd order from him scent-unsmelled. Props for going for it! i'm hoping that local stockist will have at least some of the more interesting scents... if only just to spray around the house and annoy my girlfriend with :)
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kubie
                                • Jul 2008

Agreed!
                                Originally posted by Avyer View Post
                                FS: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5939
                                FS: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎