Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BodyDouble
    • Jan 2014

Currently wearing Bois d'Ascese from Naoimi Goodsir and Keiko Mecheri's Savile and am loving them. Lots of great comments from the Goodsir. Not at all too expensive either and readily available with beautiful packaging and bottles.

I also recently checked out Dior Homme's boutique offerings. I used to like them, especially the vanilla one, but they are a little old fashioned it feels. The bottles are a wonder though.

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
      Currently wearing Bois d'Ascese from Naoimi Goodsir and Keiko Mecheri's Savile and am loving them. Lots of great comments from the Goodsir. Not at all too expensive either and readily available with beautiful packaging and bottles.

I also recently checked out Dior Homme's boutique offerings. I used to like them, especially the vanilla one, but they are a little old fashioned it feels. The bottles are a wonder though.
      Bois d'Ascese is excellent, picked up a bottle recently. You may really like Olivier Durbano Black Tourmaline Extrait.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post

I'm surprised someone can think positively of Keiko Mecheri and negatively of Dior's exclusive line. Virtually all Mecheri scents can be traced back to a direct influence, 99% of the time falling short of the original (yours being a niche version of something Paco Rabanne makes). The Dior collection is hardly exciting, but still head and shoulders above much of the competition. Eau Noire is relatively classical though, if that's what you mean by old fashioned. It's essentially a brilliant variation of Caron's Pour Une Homme (lavender & vanilla...Dior added imortelle).
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Funny how your tastes change over time. I was all agog for Mechant Loup and the past two times I whiffed it I was completely unmoved.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Funny how your tastes change over time. I was all agog for Mechant Loup and the past two times I whiffed it I was completely unmoved.
            Never jived with Mechant Loup, not one of the better ones from L'artisan in my humble opinion. If you want something with a similar theme as a far as a realistic animal fur note, try PG L'Ombre Fauve (which means bestial shadow). Good stuff

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

Newly obsessed with Les Notes de Lanvin. Oud and rose. Wears all day and is a lot lighter than the other ouds I wear.
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• daou0782
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Mad et Len

Has anyone any comments on Mad et Len?
                I had the chance of trying a few of their fragrances at Hotoveli a couple of months ago. Ashphalt caught my attention. Almost like a work of art by Sissel Tolaas. I don't know what kind of person would wear it, but I am very curious to know about other people's experience with Mad et Len.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

One day sooner rather than later we will write a comprehensive article on mad et Len perfumes.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lost53
                    • Dec 2010

Am looking for something animalistic and "dirty".

Musc ravageur was recommended, interesting at first but far too sweet, ends up like coconut oil on me.

I came across nu-be, Sulphur.
                    latex, musky with some Sandal wood coming through. After a while this all calms down and I am left with a salty, coastal like scent with just a hint of latex.

Would like to hear any other recommendations and also if anyone has tried the nu- be sulphur.

Comment

• 8bpc
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                      Have you sampled serge lutens muscs koublai khan?

Comment

• daou0782
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        One day sooner rather than later we will write a comprehensive article on mad et Len perfumes.
                        Looking forward to it. At least from their selection of motifs at the store, I found them quite intriguing.

Comment

• lost53
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
                          Have you sampled serge lutens muscs koublai khan?
                          Nope, but am waiting on a sample.

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                            One of these will be your holy grail:

Masque Milano- Montecristo
                            Maison Francis Kurkdjian- Absolue Pour Le Soir
                            Xerjoff- Zafar
                            Serge Lutens- Muscs Koublai Khan
                            Dior- Leather Oud
                            Montale- Aoud Cuir d'Arabie
                            YSL- Kouros (vintage)
                            PG- L'Ombre Fauve

Comment

• Dorje
                              • Oct 2013

I like MFK Absolue Pour Le Soir and Vero Profumo Onda for a dirty musk frag.

I like a frag like that every couple months, they are on the edge of gross for sure.

Comment

• lost53
                                • Dec 2010

Thanks for the pointers gentlemen.
                                Samples ordered and en route

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎