X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fenix
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    One day sooner rather than later we will write a comprehensive article on mad et Len perfumes.
    Looking forward to this. I'm a sucker for the candles and am hoping a local store would pick up the fragrances as well.

I hear you on Mechant Loup. Not sure if I get bored or what but I've been the same way lately. I find myself reaching for Bois Farine instead. Love this stuff right now.
    Originally posted by hausofblaq
    Grow up.

Comment

• lost53
      • Dec 2010

Just tried pour le soir. Nice, but just like a well balanced oriental.
      Not getting any hint of musc or alas anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Dorje
        • Oct 2013

Some people can't smell musks... there is a pretty good dose of it in APLS!

Comment

• resolution653
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
          Would like to hear any other recommendations and also if anyone has tried the Nu_Be sulphur.
          I wore Sulphur last night. To me it opens similar to Montecristo by Masque, which I wore a couple months ago in colder weather. Sulphur settles into a less animalic scent on my skin, where as Montecristo stays dirty and musky from start to finish. I'd say Sulphur is it's friendly cousin.

Still finishing up the samples from Nu_Be. Grown quite fond of Mercury it tightly walks the line between wearable and "wtf" for about the first hour then it's a pretty solid, safe scent.

Hydrogen is the worst to my nose, just smells like cheap orange scented floor cleaner. Yuck.

Looking forward as well to learning about mad et Len perfumes

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
            Some people can't smell musks... there is a pretty good dose of it in APLS!
            That was what I was considering, but my girlfriend and her friend also didn't get any musk from the APLS. Could it be more to do with my skin?

Comment

• lost53
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by resolution653 View Post
              I wore Sulphur last night. To me it opens similar to Montecristo by Masque, which I wore a couple months ago in colder weather. Sulphur settles into a less animalic scent on my skin, where as Montecristo stays dirty and musky from start to finish. I'd say Sulphur is it's friendly cousin.

Still finishing up the samples from Nu_Be. Grown quite fond of Mercury it tightly walks the line between wearable and "wtf" for about the first hour then it's a pretty solid, safe scent.

Hydrogen is the worst to my nose, just smells like cheap orange scented floor cleaner. Yuck.

Looking forward as well to learning about mad et Len perfumes
              I am really taken with the sulphur, haven't tried any of the other nu-be.
              Although the sulphur isn't too "dirty" I think I will buy, and continue the search for something more musky. Montecristo is on the list.

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                That was what I was considering, but my girlfriend and her friend also didn't get any musk from the APLS. Could it be more to do with my skin?
                Possibly, there is quite a wallop of cumin, musk and an almost urinous quality from the honey accord. It's definitely a polished animalic scent though, so the others may be more to your taste with their rough edges.

Comment

• flashoflight
                  • Sep 2013

I recently tried Terre d'Hermes both the EDT and the EDP. Didn't really like those. I also tried Wonderwood by CDG at Odin the other day after reading something about on this forum. So damn good and I'm not even that into woody fragrances.

I'm almost certain I'm going to end up picking some up even though I can't really afford to spend so much on a perfume right now . Do these ever go on sale anywhere?

Comment

• Shifts
                    • Jul 2013

I would add Histoires de Parfums - 1740 Marquis de Sade to that dirty fragrance list as well.

Possibly even add Guerlain Jicky or Mouchoir de Monsieur if an old school lavender could do the trick. Both have some dirty quality in them. Not sure about the latest version of those, but back in the day I would have called them dirty.

Comment

• mick
                      • Mar 2007

I would give Rien from Etat Libre d'Orange a go as well

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

I Tried Rien a while back, but way too incense like for me.

Comment

• flashoflight
                          • Sep 2013

I've been calling a whole bunch of NYC stores including Bendel's for the Damir Doma Six Scents perfume. I'm really curious to know what this smells like. Is there somewhere that I can still order a sample of this by any chance? Or do any of you have a sample you could sell me? Even if it has a single spray left. I just want to get an idea of what it's like before I buy a whole bottle.

Thanks!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

About MKK,

Most people find it either repellant or ravishing and with a great deal of wear, eventually settle on...ravishingly repellant. To my nose, it has been perfectly attuned to mimic recently produced body odor -- or the odor that you might imagine hovering around two lovers who have skipped the bidet before rolling into brunch to take their seats next to you, faces with a little more than a touch of matte sheen, eyes locked annoyingly in a perpetual winking dance.

Not that I would know.

Where MKK is pure body odor, Maison Francis Kurkdjian pour le Soir is the most intense civet I've sniffed in a molecule-constructed fragrance, that is, something that did not originate from a table covered with animal parts in a jungle town market. If you are looking for skank and have discovered that MKK is the not a route you can imagine going down permanently, you make want to try Kurkdjian's dandy to MKK's linebacker.

(Note: I've found once your olfactory memory inadvertently identifies the civet note as cumin, it may become insistent in announcing itself as so; it is a fine line you will be reduced to fighting so as to secure their individual identities. Losing that battle and you will forever conflate the already nose-touchingly close scents so where a whiff was once arousing, it may become irreversibly insatiable...but for the immediate ingestion oi a bowl of curry. You may argue that it is good, you may argue the opposite. Whatever the case, you will be less likely to argue its potential to be annoying or distracting or both.)

MBD
                            "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                            It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                            My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
                              I've been calling a whole bunch of NYC stores including Bendel's for the Damir Doma Six Scents perfume. I'm really curious to know what this smells like. Is there somewhere that I can still order a sample of this by any chance? Or do any of you have a sample you could sell me? Even if it has a single spray left. I just want to get an idea of what it's like before I buy a whole bottle.

Thanks!
                              I can't really help with finding it...but if it puts your mind at ease, it's honestly nothing to get worked up over. It was a decent, natural, green-pine scent. A solid 3/5 stars.
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• flashoflight
                                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                I can't really help with finding it...but if it puts your mind at ease, it's honestly nothing to get worked up over. It was a decent, natural, green-pine scent. A solid 3/5 stars.
                                Hmm thanks. Well, there are a few places that I can get a bottle online. The reason I'm trying to find it in stores or find a sample somewhere is because I would really like to smell some before I buy myself a bottle. But at this point, samples are seemingly impossible to find.

So I guess either I just take a chance, or just pass on it for something I can try first. I'll probably pass. Plenty of other good stuff to be had I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎