Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resolution653
    • Nov 2013

^ Nice. Good feeling of having 200ml of vintage juice, when it's something ya really dig.

Been wearing my latest batch of samples( cdg serpentine, whisteria histeria, coven, chypre mousse, o'driu peety/eva kant). O'driu stands out. After one wear, Eva Kant went straight to purchase full bottle. This is actually the first fragrance I've tried with a grapefruit note and while i detect that, it soon gets too complex for my nose to pick out notes and I'm just sniffin my wrist every few minutes in awe. Dries down to a sensuous vanilla which I personally was never big on, but here it is absolute gorgeous.

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by resolution653 View Post
      ^ Nice. Good feeling of having 200ml of vintage juice, when it's something ya really dig.

Been wearing my latest batch of samples( cdg serpentine, whisteria histeria, coven, chypre mousse, o'driu peety/eva kant). O'driu stands out. After one wear, Eva Kant went straight to purchase full bottle. This is actually the first fragrance I've tried with a grapefruit note and while i detect that, it soon gets too complex for my nose to pick out notes and I'm just sniffin my wrist every few minutes in awe. Dries down to a sensuous vanilla which I personally was never big on, but here it is absolute gorgeous.
      Wait till you try Peety with a dab of your own urine as it was designed for!

Comment

• resolution653
        • Nov 2013

^ I do find it... amusing in a way that someone out there is measuring out their pee to add to Peety, I see that as more of a novelty. After sampling Peety and Eva Kant, there is no denying the quality of juice in O'Driu fragrances. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Carcass
          • May 2010

How was Coven? I have been meaning to get a sample.

Comment

• resolution653
            • Nov 2013

^ Saw your post a few hours ago and decided to give it another wearing before I went out tonight.

One thing I know for sure about Coven is if a dank, earthy, soil scent sounds appealing to you, look no further. On my skin first couple hours it is a deep, dark, alluring scent with the earthy soil note steadily becoming more pronounced, once the soil comes out then spices and I'm assuming the listed "whiskey" comes together to create this incredibly warm earth, soil accord.

Wouldn't blind buy a full bottle, personally It's not a scent I'd wear frequently but would love to have in my collection if I could afford to buy bottles like that. Sample is definitely recommended, I haven't smelled anything else like it before.

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Sounds like Fumidus. Similar?

Comment

• resolution653
                • Nov 2013

I haven't tried Fumidus, nor any offerings from Profumum. Just looked it up... only thing I can comment on is, on my skin Coven doesn't have any sort of smokey-ness to it. What really makes me go "huh" with Coven is the warmth/heat it emits underneath the soil without any campfire/smoke, just heat.

Awhile back I was considering testing some Profumum scents, what would you recommend ?

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

I haven't tried Fumidus, nor any offerings from Profumum. Just looked it up... only thing I can comment on is, on my skin Coven doesn't have any sort of smokey-ness to it. What really makes me go "huh" with Coven is the warmth/heat it emits underneath the soil without any campfire/smoke, just heat.

Awhile back I was considering testing some Profumum scents, what would you recommend ?
                  None to be honest! Fumidus is worth testing for the novelty factor alone, but overall there are much better offerings for that really whiskey/peaty vibe, namely Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Asesce and Le Labo Patchouli 24.

Which houses have you tested? Perhaps I can suggest a few.

Comment

• Carcass
                    • May 2010

^If you're going to try Profumum, try Fumidis and Arso. All I can say about Fumidis, though, is that you have to wear it to smell it right. It smells great after 15 minutes of wear, but the first few minutes are almost intolerable... definitely a nice, peaty, really dark vetiver on the drydown. Worth a shot.
                    Last edited by Carcass; 07-08-2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• resolution653
                      • Nov 2013

I recall reading about Arso, if i can spare a few bucks I'll toss it in next order. One good thing about being able to sample, I like having just a little of those ones that aren't something I'd wear but like to have around for reference (sec mag as an example)

Originally posted by Law View Post
                      None to be honest! Fumidus is worth testing for the novelty factor alone, but overall there are much better offerings for that really whiskey/peaty vibe, namely Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Asesce and Le Labo Patchouli 24.

Which houses have you tested? Perhaps I can suggest a few.
                      O I have had my eye on Naomi Goodsir for awhile, for sure will get around to trying out the house. I think Bertrand Duchaufour composed all her offerings ? I can't but help but think he works on too many releases... just never saw any other nose put out as much scents as he does...

Patchouli 24 was actually the first niche scent I purchased. Years back wore it during xmas and some stayed on my jacket, I'd open my closet just to put the sleeve to my nose and curse out loud how good it smelled :)

Comment

• woupes
                        • Apr 2011

Can anyone explain what the EU ban on certain molecules and how it might effect the fragrance industry?

http://http://www.reuters.com/articl...EB20140707#a=1

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

i believe the ban is related to the use of oak moss, since it is considered an allergen. it's a very common ingredient that gives longevity to perfumes, and particularly used in 'chypre' fragrances. but i guess the sz perfume buffs can tell you much more about this...

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

The IFRA (International Fragrance Regulatory whatever) somehow calculates (in association with various other organizations that take life too seriously) what perfume ingredients are allergens, photosensitizers, cause contact dermatitis, etc. It then adds them to an ever-growing list of "regulated ingredients found in perfume compounds".

Most of the ingredients on the list are not completely banned, but restricted, meaning they can only use so much of that ingredient in each formula. Oakmoss, as mentioned above, is one that many were upset over, but there are tons of others that basically ruined hundreds of terrific perfumes.

They appear to have no intentions of stopping, so who knows what the next big "ban" with be. But thus far they've removed anything mossy, spicy, or citrusy from the perfumers repertoire.

ps - companies play along with their list because of liability insurance.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Dorje
                              • Oct 2013

Also, when an ingredient is banned it gives the producers of synthetic aromachemicals the chance to come up with an alternative and makes producing a natural fragrance using those ingredients impossible for anyone subscribing to IFRA's guidelines.

The maker of most of the frags I own doesn't pay any attention to IFRA at all, he just gives a warning there could be a slight allergic reaction in a small percentage of people. A lot of small perfumers don't follow IFRA as their policies and decisions seem to benefit the large corporations that produce synthetics rather than the end user of fragrance.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

^ what maker are you referring to?
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎