Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamaboy
    • Mar 2008

there is a store,parfum store in west village,i love it ,name like aestas de venustas.....something like that .....they have novella ,and they will give u free sample of any parfum u want...its very convinient and saleslady is super nice....probably the best parfum store in the city.....
    but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• tangerine
      • Dec 2006

^ Aedes de Venustas, they are awesome. They also sell through their web site. They carry a lot of fairly esoteric stuff, though apparently have dropped some lines due to the general economic climate.
      the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

If their sales people would only drop the gay fairy attitudes, I would even patronize that store.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Kodiak
          • Jan 2009

I kopped some CDG 888, loving it so far.

Comment

• viv1984viv
            • Feb 2008

Long time no post.

Does anyone know of anywhere to procure Serge Lutens samples???
            Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Don't know, but you reminded me to post my latest buy. From Florence.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deleuze
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by viv1984viv View Post
                Long time no post.

Does anyone know of anywhere to procure Serge Lutens samples???
                In the past I've ordered Lutens samples from here http://theperfumedcourt.com/Manufact...keyword=lutens
                They also have samples of the non-exports.

Comment

• viv1984viv
                  • Feb 2008

thanks deleuze - I could have weeks of experimentation with that set.....
                  Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

Has anyone played around with Histoires des Parfums?
                    An olfactive library that is telling stories about famous characters, mythical years, poems and music.

Beauty Cafe has been serving up the finest in bath and body, beauty, fragrances, and more since 1997. We've discovered and launched some of the most coveted beauty and fragrance lines. Free shipping everyday.

I am not too terribly into fragrances but I have a set of these samples. I've been occasionally wearing the 1740/Marquis de Sade one and really love it. I'd be curious to hear the thoughts of others on it.

Comment

• Silk
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Don't know, but you reminded me to post my latest buy. From Florence.

How are you liking this? Was considering this, but tried the soap first and I must say it smells much better than I was expecting. SMN's scents seem very similar from what I've tried. I use the original SMN scent quite often.

I have gotten some pretty great samples from Luckyscent lately.

Kilian - Pure Oud ($395 for 50ml!) Super intense and seemingly overwhelming at first(reminds me of a cigar humidifier room), but the scent grew on me and I found it to take on its own characteristics that I couldn't get enough of. I MIGHT order a bottle.

Etat Libre D' Orange & Tom of Finland collab - Crazy homo-erotic undertones to the marketing of this scent that they go on to claim is "beyond sexuality", had me doubting if it was subtle enough for me. This smell is amazing and seems like it would change well with each person. This and the special edition Kilian aren't listed on their site, but I think you can phone order them directly from the store, or try samples.

Humiecki & Graef - Ordered 5 samples and 4 of the 5 I would easily buy a bottle and wear it all the time. The fifth one, was not bad. They claim their scents are based on memories and their grandmothers and oddly enough, some of the scents bring back memories for me too, even though I can't really put my finger on it.

I highly recommend any of these to try, and they are all available as a sample too.
                      Last edited by Silk; 07-10-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I like it, Silk. It's masculine, but not overbearing, citrus based but does not have an immediately apparent citrusy smell. It's my second SMN (first is Kyoto), and I love them both.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rogelro
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
                          In the past I've ordered Lutens samples from here http://theperfumedcourt.com/Manufact...keyword=lutens
                          They also have samples of the non-exports.
                          perfumed court always a good bet since the selection is huge but for me getting SL samples I rather go here http://shop.lessenteurs.com/index.ht...2P2OEaeHHCWYU=

only £2.50 per sample and the size is very generous for that price

Comment

• fightattack
                            • Mar 2009

Any cologne out there that smells like burnt wood?
                            I want to smell like a sexy campfire.

Something like a woodsman version of CDG's Synthetic series . . .

Still trying to sell my wife on letting me buy the 'Garage' flavor.

There are so many great smelling woodsy/leather/smokey candles - why aren't there more fragrances like that?
                            (maybe I just dont know where to find them . . .)

Comment

• Avyer
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by fightattack View Post
                              Any cologne out there that smells like burnt wood?
                              I want to smell like a sexy campfire.
                              Remember, be here now.

Comment

• fightattack
                                • Mar 2009

awesome
                                havent found a sample for that yet, but I will do some research.
                                Found a few possibles on luckyscent and ordered samples - so we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎