Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silk
    • Jan 2009

My new favorite house is Maison Francis Kurkdijian. He makes great candles, incense papers, and room sprays, but my favorite thing in his line are his scents and his laundry detergent. The laundry detergent is scented with his Aqua Universalis scent and is the longest and strongest smelling detergent I've used and it smells great. All his pour homme scents I have tried and they are all similar in that they are basic and simple, but yet sophisticated and elegant. They are scents that you could wear when you wouldn't necessarily think wearing one is a good idea. He also has a morning and evening cologne set that I just ordered samples of and will arrive tomorrow. I am very impressed with his work and his thoughts on bringing luxury scents to more common things that people aren't used to smelling luxurious, such as floor cleaner, or in the present case: laundry detergent.

Black Afghano is great, I have had that on my soon-to-buy list for a while now. It really is a dark or black smelling scent that is pretty much hate it or love it.

Diptyque makes some great body washes and soaps, as well as candles and some of their scents, two of their classics that I would say you couldn't really go wrong with are Philysykos and L' Ombre Dans L'eau. I just ordered their new Rooibis Vanilla candle and have tried about 5 of their candles in the past. They are really good, but not the best, as I have heard them referred to before.

Comment

• rogelro
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
      I've been looking for a new scent since I decided to stop wearing Comme des Garçons scents (I liked Odeur 53, Drycleaning, and 3).

Now I've narrowed it down to the follow:

Ulrich Lang - Anvers 2
      Creed - Silver Mountain Water
      Heeley - Cedre Blanc
      Escentric Molecules - Escentric 01
      Escentric Molecules - Molecule 01

Any thoughts?

I'm looking for something that isn't too overpowering and something that will be produced for awhile.
      anvers 2 is my pick never tried Heeley but the 2 Escentric molecules are not worth the money just go buy a bottle of Iso E super and you basically have those 2 scents.

been sampling Black tourmaline from Olivier Durbano really liking it, if your a fan of the CDG incense series should give it a try. A incense with spices and a dark smokey frankincense with a bit of leather and woods

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Can't go wrong with Silver Mountain Water, although I prefer Green Irish Tweed. They don't stay on for long though, because Creed uses mostly natural ingredients.

I have to say, I never understood the appeal of scented candles. To me they are always a waste of money...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

Great. I think I'll probably end up with Anvers 2, but UL just came out with a new scent that I haven't tried yet.

I'll be in New York in less than a week and plan on checking out the selection at Aedes De Venustas
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ Great store, shitty queeny service. Gay emporium.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• and obviously being gay was the reason the service was shitty. it always is.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                and obviously being gay was the reason the service was shitty. it always is.
                no, but being a queen was. i would like to clarify my position - not anti-gay, but anti-queen. apologies for the confusion.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pardon my bad english, but what is the meaning of being a queen. is it being snobbish?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                    Pardon my bad english, but what is the meaning of being a queen. is it being snobbish?
                    queen = a bitchy, haughty, effeminate gay man.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thank you!

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        no, but being a queen was. i would like to clarify my position - not anti-gay, but anti-queen. apologies for the confusion.
                        I can sympathyze with you, Faust. I am constantly berated by those eager to defend a minority group by publicly haranging me about that exact sentiment.

Does anyone know where I can score some Jaisalmer or Zagorsk from CdG on the cheap? Or I was going to buy some at super discount, but when I got to the store, I was halted by a sign letting me know that the store ha officially closed just this morning. :(
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Silk
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Can't go wrong with Silver Mountain Water, although I prefer Green Irish Tweed. They don't stay on for long though, because Creed uses mostly natural ingredients.

I have to say, I never understood the appeal of scented candles. To me they are always a waste of money...
                          I think they come in useful for making your home smell pleasant if you're expecting company, which in turn usually makes the place seem more inviting. Most people aren't used to luxurious scented candles and therefore the smell is intriguing because it's might be something they've never smelt before.I've yet to meet a woman who doesn't love them, whether you are burning them or giving them as a gift you can't go wrong. However, I know I am in a minority because I don't know any other guys who buy candles. I also like burning incense, so maybe its partly my human instinct of enjoying fire.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ good question - i don't know, but i love it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• empaulio
                              • Mar 2009

It is weird to call or e-mail to ask about a candle, I once fell in love with the fragrance of the Dior boutique. Me being me called a few times and got different answers each time. I eventually found out that it was a Diptyque candle the fragrance was Opopanax. I still love that scent and use that candle in my bedroom.

Comment

• Silk
                                • Jan 2009

The scent they always used when I got stuff from there was their Bois D'Argent cologne, I ended up getting a bottle of it too. I find it highly unlikely that your clothes would smell like a candle they were using, candles don't have the silliage or strength to make clothing smell unless they were constantly burning the same candle day in and day out, and even then I don't think it would work. Try the Bois D' Argent cologne, I think that may be what you were smelling all along.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎