Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neonrider
    • Jan 2008

i've become a big fan of francis kurkdjian's fragrances lately. clean stuff that feels good to wear, sharp without being aggressive or loud. fwiw.
    ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

you know how i get introduced to new fragrances? by purchasing clothes from other people on sz..

i recently received a package from eton97 and it was laced with the most amazing fragrance- chanel antaeus, and that was just the aftershave...some serious musky-woody-masculine, black-tie stuff..not for kids!

i'm going to get a small bottle of edt for myself..

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Man, I haven't bought a cologne in a year and a half and I still have a lot. Two last once I got as presents - Gareth Pugh for Six Scents, and Santa Maria Novella Zagara.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jan 2011

Just got a 5ml sample of the Damir Doma six scents fragrance. Seems to go a little sour with my skin, so I'll probably be selling it on.

I'm really liking Rose 31 by le labo lately.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Funny, I gave away my Damir sample to his new PR person :-) But, I really liked it! So, for the rest of my trip I had to use the sample of Mechant Loup by L'Artisan Perfumer and I love it. I think it's an epitome of a man's fragrance - cool and confident, no drama. But I simply cannot justify another fragrance purchase for at least another year, if not more.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

Perhaps more old-fashioned than most, however I have been wearing Hammam Bouquet from Penhaligon's for a while now (head: lavender & bergamot, heart: rose otto, cedarwood, orris & jasmine, base: amber, musk & sandalwood). It is rather complicated on paper, but worn it has quite a nice warmth and clean simplicity. Plus I really do like 'masculine' rose.

That being said, I have been rather tempted by Gypsy Water from Byredo as of late. I think I just have a thing for amber and sandalwood really, because although I'm not too keen on the opening, I really like the scent once it mellows on the skin.

I have yet to actually check out any of the Six Scents from the latest collection, however I will definitely keep an eye out for them.
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

For the last years I've only worn Dior Homme Bois d'Argent. I started buying the 250ml, because it isn't sold near my town and whenever I got the chance to buy a new one I took it.

I've noticed that the fragrance begins to smell like alcohol after half a year or so (keeping it out of sunlight in a dark spot). I only use 4 sprays and mostly still throw away 15% of the smaller 125ml bottles, because it will smell like shit.

Now I really love the fragrance, so maybe some of you know this one an perhaps can advise me something with a similar like smell? And I mean something what you don't have to throw away after 6 months

I temporarily bought Dior Homme pour homme, but this is not something I really like.

Please point me in a new direction :)
                Grailed link

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

^ keep the bottle in a dry and dark place and it will last longer
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Funny, I gave away my Damir sample to his new PR person :-) But, I really liked it! So, for the rest of my trip I had to use the sample of Mechant Loup by L'Artisan Perfumer and I love it. I think it's an epitome of a man's fragrance - cool and confident, no drama. But I simply cannot justify another fragrance purchase for at least another year, if not more.
                    Mechant Loup is timeless though. It will be just as good on you in 20 years as it is today. No need to rush the purchase.

There aren't many scents out there that are both interesting and truly timeless. Mechant Loup is in sparse company. I can only think of maybe a half dozen, and I've smelled more perfumes than I can even process right now.

Lately, I've been very happy mixing Memoire Liquide's Cuir Millisime 3 parts to 1 part of their Hommage. It's definitely not timeless, but is very fun.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Acéphale
                      • Apr 2010

Winter in Siena. The tourists are away and a hushed stroll through the medieval buildings lets you travel through time. This is a quiet fragrance, full of smoke and whispers and solitude. It invites you to listen to your deepest thoughts – the ones that get lost in the hubbub of everyday life. It opens with fresh, torn leaves – so green and vivid you can smell the sap. The last stragglers of fall crushed beneath your feet as you head down a path away from the world on that late November moment when you realize that Fall has officially crossed into winter. The subtle sweetness of roasted chestnuts intertwines with cool, misty iris root and the aching scent of wood smoke. There are hints of white truffle and black olive. Clean and earthy and close to the skin, this is not designed to entice or bedazzle, but to lead you into deep conversations over an espresso with a long-lost friend. Comforting and contemplative.
                      ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• Matay
                        • Jun 2010

closest thing to smelling like a box of Derwents.
                        answered my prayers.
                        going to have to find something amazing to stop me using this one.
                        the monotony of domesticity was not to his liking

Comment

• homi
                          • Nov 2007

My favorites that I own

CDG Incense Kyoto
                          Six Scents Series 3 Juun J & N.Hoolywood (Both very amazing masculine scents with subtle touches)

Man 2 was a favorite but it got kind of boring I think
                          THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
                          Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• Yan
                            • Mar 2008

ESCENTRIC MOLECULES - ESCENTRIC 01

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

i've worn chanel egoiste for so long and i am looking for something new. do any of you have favorites among the six scents collections? has anyone smelled rad hourani's six scent offering that apparently smells of semen and baby powder?

Comment

• ittalidaa
                                • Aug 2009

have been using eau de gentiane blanche for the most of last year and i like how clean, green and neutral it is...
                                http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎