Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

I've stopped using fragrances, I think it's a bit primitive tbh.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

nothing says pinnacle of evolution like bo
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Visited the CB I Hate Perfume store in Brooklyn over the weekend for my birthday. What an amazing olfactory experience! The single note imitations of scents where mind boggling (roast beef smelled exactly like... roast beef).

After much smelling, decided on Wild Hunt and I'm very happy with it. The first spray is exactly like wet forest dirt and moss, it quickly calms down into a warm woody/floral/spicy smell that lasts pretty well but isn't at all overpowering. The initial blast of forest is so nice in the morning, brings me back to nature before I trudge out into the urban winter muck. The official description "Wild Hunt is the scent of an ancient forest in the heat of a summer afternoon. It is a blend of Torn Leaves, Crushed Twigs, Flowing Sap, Fallen Branches, Old Leaves, Green Moss, Fir, Pine and Tiny Mushrooms."

Burning leaves was nice, but not as complex as I like. It's a unique smell but basically a one note. My other favorite was Metamorphosis #4 "A room with a View" it was brighter and fresher but there where some interesting almost synthetic undertones that made me keep sniffing in a way that vaguely reminded me of CDG odeur 53. Not sure where this note comes from, as the description sounds quite natural, maybe it was just my nose. A great experience to go there and try everything out!

music

Comment

• Fbrc Hmmr
          • Nov 2010

Pour Homme - Van Cleef & Arpels

...a tribute to Serge G.

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

Glad to see that Wild Hunt is still available. The store I buy from in Montreal told me they cannot get it and I assumed it was discontinued. Did they happen to have the oil as well?
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Yep, they have everything at the store (water perfume and absolute). You can always order directly:
              music

Comment

• Antidote
                • Apr 2009

For almost 2 Years I am obsessed with Escentric Molecules No.2

Comment

• docus
                  • Dec 2010

Well, I've been using something like this for many years:

Maybe it's time for me to branch out?!

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                    For the last years I've only worn Dior Homme Bois d'Argent. I started buying the 250ml, because it isn't sold near my town and whenever I got the chance to buy a new one I took it.

I've noticed that the fragrance begins to smell like alcohol after half a year or so (keeping it out of sunlight in a dark spot). I only use 4 sprays and mostly still throw away 15% of the smaller 125ml bottles, because it will smell like shit.

Now I really love the fragrance, so maybe some of you know this one an perhaps can advise me something with a similar like smell? And I mean something what you don't have to throw away after 6 months

I temporarily bought Dior Homme pour homme, but this is not something I really like.

Please point me in a new direction :)
                    A bit late to the game, but BdA was done by Annick Menardo, and several of her creations have a similar vibe. Bvlgari Black being the most popular, but others like Le Labo's Patchouli 24 and YSL Body Kouros are equally good (the Le Labo in particular is excellent...don't let the name scare you).

Also, if any scent starts to smell different after such a short time...there's a problem. The old Dior Cologne-series bottles had screwtops, and that can often lead to problems when air, etc. are involved. Dior has since made these bottles spray-only, which hopefully solved your particular problem.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Bulgari Black was one of my favorites back in the day. I think I'd still buy it - I don't know why they stopped making it (except for the faulty bottle design).
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Bulgari Black was one of my favorites back in the day. I think I'd still buy it - I don't know why they stopped making it (except for the faulty bottle design).
                        It's still in production...and they've since change the awful spray mechanism (the top comes off now)! Some claim it's not as rubbery as it once was, but smells the same to my nose.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

^ i think it was out of production for a few years though, iirc. nice fragrance actually.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                            • Jan 2010

Biehl Parfumkunstwerke eo02

Creed Vetiver

Creed Silver Mountain Water

The Silver Mountain Water is very sweet smelling for those days..
                            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Calimero
                              • Jul 2010

Got this since it's out

and i love it

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                                ^ i think it was out of production for a few years though, iirc. nice fragrance actually.
                                Still for sale on this side of the pond:

Rumour has it that Angeline Jolie wears it...if the discontinued it, they'd upset her!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎