X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Men's Fragrances

Thanks, I think I'll start with a small bottle of Eau Noir and maybe buy Bois d'Argent a little later when it warms up outside.
    music

Comment

• interman
      • Dec 2006

Seems the local stores here have FINALLY received the V+R Antidote. Really liked it, even if it's not super unique. Will probably add that and the Marc Jacobs For Men to my spring scent collection, and that should last me until I go visit London during the summer and hit up the stores with Creed and Penhaligon's.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

All the cologne talk made me remember this thread. Bump.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

Indeed.... some I've been trying lately

Already mentioned Bigarade Concentrate from EFM, but also Vittiver Extraordinairre from the same line. Quite pungent, very dry, very green. They have a rather oddly named one that I don't have but tried called French Lover which was very nice indeed.

Serge Lutens Rousse - absolutely beautiful, strong, warm, quite wintery rather than summery.

Le Labo Rose 31 - supposed to be a Rose perfume for men. It's quite pleasant, influenced by the CDG parfums, quite short lived though. Again quite dry slightly musky "red". Too expensive though.

Lutens Gris Clair - pure lavender (too much so) - very very strong, end up smelling too "bathroomy" the whole day.

Comment

• jj.still
            • Dec 2006

Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand has been my #1 over the last 1.5 years. Going to buy another bottle.)

Comment

• sam_tem
              • Apr 2007

[quote user="rach2jlc"]

It also got me thinking (and hoping) that perhaps the only good thing that could come out of the new deal with Link Theory was that they would rerelease the Lang scents. The EDP, EDC, and Cuiron are wonderful, probably among the best designer fragrances in a long time (along with CDG).

[/quote]

i bought the cuiron last year. hardly ever use it though since the girl isn't a fan of man perfume and the bars all smell like smoke anyways. i sniffed about 12 different ones before my nose became useless and the lang was the one i liked most.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="jj.still"]

Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand has been my #1 over the last 1.5 years. Going to buy another bottle.)

[/quote]

I've never even heard of this one. Sounds interesting from the website description.

Johnny, I could never do Serge Lutens - whatever I've tried was way too musky.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I haven't sampled anything recently. I vowed to be off the market until I run out of my two Bulgaris that are 5 and 7 years old respectively. Goes to show you how often I use them...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                    • Sep 2006

The FM Vetiver is really good, I smelled it a long time ago, stormy and wet,unlike other vetiver scents. I've tried recently the French Lover but it was kind of too dry (it supposed to be leather and chypre) and my skin dries everything. FM has also a super Iris Poudre (ala Chanel5, but less strong) and Lipstic Rose.

I've discovered Eau d'Italy, which has really really good rose scent (Rose Paestum). Very strong rose, but with anicegreen sappy note (like the first notes in Scent Costume National) and good incense. Impressive:-)

If you like lightscents, try The Different Company Bergamote and Osmanthus. Those were made by J. Claude Ellena, who is doing Hermessence - I like their Amber Narguille and Rose Ikebana. His daughter, Celinemade Jasmin de nuit, which is super duper, a lot of cardamon, ginger, patchouli, sweet as hell but I can't smell a hint of jasmine in it.

And the new Comme Lux Patchouli is great, too. Kind of less sweet but more "complete" Wood Coffee +a bit of Kyoto. Their Champaca is also good, tho, fresh and sweet with tuberose.

I didn't make it to Chanel to try their new boutique scents. Too expensive:-)

Comment

• Incroyable
                      • Mar 2007

I prefer heavier, rather old-fashioned scents with musk.

For example, Comme des Garcons's Avignon is nice with its reminders of heavy incense censers and high Catholic mass.

Also, Regence Paris's Kolnisch Juchten, which translates as "Russian Leather", a full-bodied decidely unsexy scent of musk and putrefying decadence.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

New CDG offering.

8 88 Eau de Parfum

If Gold had a fragance...

Gold sequins locked within rock crystal in suspended animation

Gold nuggets found in the mountain stream

Quartz with its threads of brilliantly coloured minerals

Gold as found in its natural and pure state, mythical and magical, but how would this smell?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

New CDG offering.

8 88 Eau de Parfum

If Gold had a fragance...

Gold sequins locked within rock crystal in suspended animation

Gold nuggets found in the mountain stream

Quartz with its threads of brilliantly coloured minerals

Gold as found in its natural and pure state, mythical and magical, but how would this smell?

[/quote]

The romanticization of Gold... what we think it should smell like and what it actually does smell like, metal.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• denimfan
                            • Feb 2008

the new Dior Homme rocks!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

What are you doing, denimfan? Are you racking up post count so you can post in classifieds? Please stop, and contribute something meaningful.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Uncontrol
                                • Feb 2008

I wasn't really into fragrances at all, but I bought my girlfriend Tom Ford's Black Orchid for Christmas and was completely blown away by how good it smelled ... a few days later I went out and bought Tom Ford for Men, and I really like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎