• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by coro View Post
    Dane:

any suggestions where i can find a scent which is similar to Helmut Langs one? which i really miss..thanks
    Good question...Id like to find a decent replacement myself. The only things I can think of offhand are S-Perfume (by s-perfume) and maybe Lantimatiere by les nez. Both are quiet musks.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• coro
      • Dec 2008

Are we talkin about the same one? i meant the one in the clear flask, if i remember correctly, they released a second one in an brown flask...

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by coro View Post
        Are we talkin about the same one? i meant the one in the clear flask, if i remember correctly, they released a second one in an brown flask...
        We are, yes. The brown bottle was a leather.

Another option is Santa Maria Novella Muschio.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Skye X
          • Oct 2010

I'm looking for something with metallic notes. I want to smell like a robot factory after a bunch of ninjas busted up the place, with plenty of molotovs, grenades, and gunfire exchanged during the fight. Since that's a tall order, I went ahead and looked for anything with metallic or "cold" notes and have samples of these on their way to me:

Tommi Sooni - Sample:Eau de Tommi Sooni I
          BLOOD Concept - Sample:A
          BLOOD Concept - Sample:AB
          BLOOD Concept - Sample:O
          Andrea Maack Parfums - Sample:Craft
          Comme des Garcons Series: Guerrilla - Sample:Guerrilla 1
          Comme des Garcons x Artek - Sample:Standard
          Comme des Garcons x Undercover - Sample:Holygrace

I'd also like to sample some of the CdG Synthetics series, but they seem to be pretty impossible to find.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

I'm pretty sure you'll like the CdG synthetic series "Garage" w/r/t to this scent. ;)

Also try Chrome and Acier Aluminum

Comment

• Atom
              • Sep 2009

Definitely Garage!

You can get samples from the synthetic series here: http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/

Comment

• TheThief
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Skye X View Post
                Smell like a robot factory after a bunch of ninjas bust up the place, with plenty of molotovs, grenades, and gunfire exchanged during the fight.
                Notes of burning metal, screaming ninjas and crumbling robots.

This needs to be the official description of a perfume.

Comment

• Skye X
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                  Notes of burning metal, screaming ninjas and crumbling robots.

This needs to be the official description of a perfume.
                  Exactly. I'll make it happen someday.

darkbydesign - thanks for the recommendations! Chrome by Azzaro, yes?

Atom - thank you for the resource! I searched for and found the three they have, but I don't see any way to add it to a cart or anything. Do I contact them for the order? Also, it doesn't tell you how large the sample is, and at 45euro each, this could get pricey fast!

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

^ they seriously overcharge for many things, but it's 45 euro for the bottle, not the sample! I think they charge 12 euro for 4 samples, plus shipping.

CDG's Synthetic Series is discontinued by the way, so they will be hard to come across soon.

Comment

• Skye X
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      ^ they seriously overcharge for many things, but it's 45 euro for the bottle, not the sample! I think they charge 12 euro for 4 samples, plus shipping.

CDG's Synthetic Series is discontinued by the way, so they will be hard to come across soon.
                      Oh, that makes much more sense. Thanks! I've just found a site in the US that has samples of those same three, so I'm ordering them all right now. It's good to know I can get full bottles if I decide they're for me!

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

dane im surprised you aren't super into tea or coffee looking at yoru blog... you must have quite some nose!!!

anyways, if i were looking for something that smelled of a subdued or restrained carnality....

what would that be.
                        thanks in advance prof. dane

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                          dane im surprised you aren't super into tea or coffee looking at yoru blog... you must have quite some nose!!!

anyways, if i were looking for something that smelled of a subdued or restrained carnality....

what would that be.
                          thanks in advance prof. dane
                          I am a fan of tea and coffee! But my tastes are simple...not far from my personal taste in perfume actually. Perfume as an art is a composition though, which takes talent. Tea and coffee (and wine) are only the one ingredient, so there isn't so much art as there is chance.

Anyway, for carnal perfumes, which can range anywhere from floral to musk to ambers, I would suggest (1) Muscs Koublai Khan by Serge Lutens (raunchy musk); (2) Cuir de Russie by Chanel (floral leather); and (3) Felanilla by Parfumerie Generale (vanilla amber).

To explain a bit more, leathers smell of skin and tar; indolic flowers (jasmine, ylang, tuberose) smell of feces, meat, and rubber; amber (not the stone) is composed of things like ambergris (whale puked-furball), rose, vanilla, patchouli, vetiver, and various resins (etc.) All of these things can evoke the smell of flesh, sweat, and sex.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

funny cos i wore musc kub khan last nite , tbh im scared to wear it and ive only worn it outside like twice . at 1st it smells reallllll strong of like balls and then like a quick 10 mins after initial app its not quite as bad and the sweeter stuff comes out better , at least on my skin . im always paranoid someones gonna think i stink like i havent showered , thing is EVERY FUCkin time ppl have gotten close enough to smell it on me they rly do keep comin back . had some ppl over last yr one girl was like " honestly it smells kinda gross " and i shit u not she still kept comin bakc to smell my neck , guys too . the only other times ive worn it was just like indoors when i knew i would only be chillen at home and i just wanted somethin to smell for fun

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                              funny cos i wore musc kub khan last nite , tbh im scared to wear it and ive only worn it outside like twice . at 1st it smells reallllll strong of like balls and then like a quick 10 mins after initial app its not quite as bad and the sweeter stuff comes out better , at least on my skin . im always paranoid someones gonna think i stink like i havent showered , thing is EVERY FUCkin time ppl have gotten close enough to smell it on me they rly do keep comin back . had some ppl over last yr one girl was like " honestly it smells kinda gross " and i shit u not she still kept comin bakc to smell my neck , guys too . the only other times ive worn it was just like indoors when i knew i would only be chillen at home and i just wanted somethin to smell for fun
                              It really is a strange beast. What you smell in the beginning is civet...which comes from the glands of the civet cat (synthetics are used now). The rest is a big blousy amber with a ton of musk and a stinky base called Animalis (self-explanatory).

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

^anal glands of civet traditionally right?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎