X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    ^ nothing hotter than a pretty girl wearing a butch cologne.
    Snort; what a diplomatic way of saying that you're glad I'm not smearing myself in a thick paste of hyraceum. ; )

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post

Also, the code MUA still works for free shipping at the luckyscent website for US residents, including for orders of samples only! Without it, shipping is ridiculous, like $9.95 or something. Don't listen to Shahx3 - he doesn't know what he's talking about!

MBD

this is aimed at me? what did i even say?

Comment

• munch
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        shahshahshah seems like a more likely suspect than you.

I don't know. doesn't really make sense to me I don't know anyone named that but I thought of shahanshah though.

Comment

• liuliuqiu
          • May 2011

never tried

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
            • Nov 2008

I'm gonna second this, except I won't say that the hype is unwarranted - his scents are really unique and individual. I've never experienced anything that evokes memory the way CB does…but my problem is the lasting power. The perfumes are water based as opposed to alcohol and so it fades…FAST. No longevity whatsoever, and so in my mind, a waste of money. I've found several other replacements for the scents I used to wear from CB with much better sillage and longevity.

Just my two scents. (Har har).

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I think CB Perfume is total hype, honestly. I went, I saw, I bought, I sold it quickly. Never again.

From what you describe I would recommend L'Artisan Perfumer Mechant Loupe. That in any case will be my next scent - it's cold, unobtrusive, and totally your own.

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by jogu
              i think a good one for someone that wears dh is mechant loup ( from artisan ) . its been around for a while but i still love it and have gone thru 2 bottles . theres like a top layer of somethin mildly sweet and then lurkin beneath that is this wet animally fur smell but its verrrry subtle , w /in that furriness i also swear i smell pee not like a whino behind a dumpster but much more like the smell of a wolf i guess , somethin furry and natural . on some ppl i dont pick up that smell but on others and myself i detect it . i love it specially the name mechant loup , like some horny wolf luring red ridin hood w / the softly sweet top notes but lurkin beneath that layer is somethin animal like and untamed thats not completely hidden by sweets so u kno better than to follow him and hes up to somethin bad
              it was ridiculously beautiful out today so I decided to walk around central park and then check out bergdorf & barney's.... really didn't wanna buy anything and hoped I wouldn't be tempted.. did see some nice stuff but really nuthin to make me take out the cc. stopped by the fragrance counter @ barney's & whiffed a few artisan . dzing is some wild shit... literally... smelled like I was still on central park south surrounded by the horse carriages and the roasting candy peanuts. the scent definitely wasn't for me. I tried a few others and really wasn't impressed by any of them. it's so difficult to appreciate a perfume when you're mass testing and smelling off a strip of cardboard. I eventually tried merchant loup and thought I kinda liked it but wasn't quite sure. I bought it anyway hoping that I did like it.... glad I did as it seems to be wearing quite nicely. I hope I don't tire of it. i've been wearing the same scent for about 25 years. it's been discontinued for a while but every now and then bottles pop up on the net and I buy a few @once... trouble is the stuff inside is so old that the fragrance doesn't last. I hope mechant loup will take it's place. time will tell

and yeah,jogu's review did help sway the purchase :)

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

lol ya boyeeeee glad u like it , mechant loup is good as hell . one of the few frags ive finished a whole bottle of and bought a 2nd . lil bored of it nowadays but i still keep it on my shelf with the stuff i rreally like to wear . im obsessed with jeux de peau lately , cant fuckin get enough of it . even like rite now im chillin at home tonite and friends comin over later to play some d&d and i sprayed it on me cos i love it so much . i still havent purchased a full bottle of it yet , too lazy but i will soon . its soo good if u like gourmands
                Last edited by jogu; 01-07-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  Ah no - I meant Shahanshah. With so many repeating characters, it's what my mind has been reading all along when I see his name. (Apologies Shah!) Perhaps I am inadvertently suggesting that not only do all Asians look alike, but their handles do as well.

After I announced that the code: MUA has been working seemingly "forever" and will continue to work to get free shipping at Luckyscent for the foreseeable future, Shah claimed that "forever was over" or something to that effect because it wasn't working for him - but he's in the UK, or something.

I didn't want anyone in the US to be dissuaded, since paying $10 for shipping is quite a bit of money if you're only purchasing samples.

Now after this bit of enabling, I'm headed to the recession support group thread...

MBD
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                    • Nov 2008

No, good to know. I was about to throw down for a new scent through luckyscent.com - saves me tax and now shipping, so cheers, much obliged. If only there was a coupon for the perfumed court. I'm gonna get some nice decants, methinks. Expensive stuff that I enjoy, but not enough to want to purchase a whole bottle.

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                    Ah no - I meant Shahanshah. With so many repeating characters, it's what my mind has been reading all along when I see his name. (Apologies Shah!) Perhaps I am inadvertently suggesting that not only do all Asians look alike, but their handles do as well.

After I announced that the code: MUA has been working seemingly "forever" and will continue to work to get free shipping at Luckyscent for the foreseeable future, Shah claimed that "forever was over" or something to that effect because it wasn't working for him - but he's in the UK, or something.

I didn't want anyone in the US to be dissuaded, since paying $10 for shipping is quite a bit of money if you're only purchasing samples.

Now after this bit of enabling, I'm headed to the recession support group thread...

MBD

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                      No, good to know. I was about to throw down for a new scent through luckyscent.com - saves me tax and now shipping, so cheers, much obliged. If only there was a coupon for the perfumed court. I'm gonna get some nice decants, methinks. Expensive stuff that I enjoy, but not enough to want to purchase a whole bottle.
                      theposhpeasant.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, theposhpeasant.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endorphinz
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009

hey Dane have you ever heard of Brazilia?

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                          hey Dane have you ever heard of Brazilia?
                          Nope.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• copacetic
                            • Nov 2010

I have on some bulgari black now as a bit of a test run. (Got a sample from a friend.). It's got this thick smoky underbelly that's way too strong for me, at least for daytime.

What's the expert opinion on prada amber pour homme? I've heard it called simplistic, but I have to disagree. It's soapy and clean at first, but it sort of decomposes into some exotic spices. All the women in my life have loved it to the point of obsession, but I've only heard it disparaged. What gives?
                            And "When the prince has gathered about him
                            "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

i dont like amberpour homme , its too powdery and i think it is too simple . im not that familiar w / how it dries down cos i only have like a couple ml spray of it but i remember thinkin it was pleasant but boring and i think i remember the drydown bein pretty basic also . its not bad and i think it does smell ok but thats all , theres so much other stuff out there that crushes a frag like that , its just not worth buyin a bottle of it when u can get somethin thats truly better in both originality and quality

Comment

• copacetic
                                • Nov 2010

Yeah, I'll give you that much: it's simple. It's interesting that the SZ aesthetic for clothes tends toward minimalism, but for fragrance, we advocate for the baroque and (after testing out dzing based on recommendations here) what I would call rococo.

I'm curious what a more complex version of the amber pour homme "formula" would be: powdery and soapy, but not so run-of-the-mill.
                                And "When the prince has gathered about him
                                "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎