X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Men's Fragrances

Tom Ford black orchid is sexay! I must agree.

Also, I didn't wanna admit to this, but since I'm drunk...ah well. I got some DIOR from Sephora (free sample, because I'm cheap!) and that scent is amazing. Don't ask me which one cuz I don't know...but it stays on my skin ALL DAY LONG! I can smoke cigarettes all day and the scent is still on my wrist and neck.

But I think that was pre-KVA DIOR scent. I'm sure the KVA DIOR scent smells like dog shit wrapped in tin foil. But hey, that's why he gets the big bucks!

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

I'm curious about that new CDG fragrance, so what's the verdict from those who've tried it? I agree Cas, I've been rocking Hedi's Dior Homme since it came out and it's always the favorite of everybody who gets close enough to smell me.

I don't know about black orchid though, really unique but the sample I got at Saks when it came out made me nauseous by the end of the day.

music

Comment

• cpaik
        • Nov 2007

Does anyone else have problems with the quick reply eating their post?

Anyway, I think black orchid smells amazing, especially when it's on an attractive woman. For me, I don't find myself latching on to the new colognes so much and find that I take comfort in rather old scents. Lately I've been wearing a lot of Creed Himalaya and Guerlain Vetiver in this cold time inbetween seasons. I have a penchant for vetiver, but I also find myself strongly and oddly attracted to the synthetic smell of Dior Homme.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I love fragrances but I am so cheap when it comes to buying new ones. I think Man2 was the last one i bought and I wear about every day...especially in the winter. I'm gonna have to find a more spring-y fragrance though...but I hate citrusy smells.

Anyone recommend?

I am kinda thinking that 888 gold might be good, all around scent.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

try frederic malle - the best smell designers in the world concocted these brews and the best of the best is Jean Claude-Ellena (he deserves these capitals) .

bigarade concentree +angeliques sous la pluie

the finest two scents know to mankind

Comment

• alterion
              • Jan 2008

angeliques sous la pluie is a stunning fragrance i couldn't wear it day to day, but it really does evoke musky forest petals in a morning dew, if its your kind of thing than i can imagine it would be superb.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

I'm curious about that new CDG fragrance, so what's the verdict from those who've tried it? I agree Cas, I've been rocking Hedi's Dior Homme since it came out and it's always the favorite of everybody who gets close enough to smell me.

I don't know about black orchid though, really unique but the sample I got at Saks when it came out made me nauseous by the end of the day.

[/quote]

Both the gold one and the monocle one are great. the monocle one will be my next fragrance purchase for sure.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• electric_alyce
                  • Mar 2008

I'm currently using CK one electric, smells like summer, very fresh and kind of androgyneous

Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Divo
                    • Mar 2007

Quite a limited list:

1. Comme des Garcons MAN 2;

2. Le Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier;

3. Dior Homme (the one including iris and lavender);

Dior used to be my favourite until last December when I finally persuaded myself to buy Comme des Garcons: ever since have fallen in love with the latter...

Definitely need to explore the fragrance-market: I guess there are still plenty of different, innovative and glorious senses to discover.

Comment

• alterion
                      • Jan 2008

I know what you mean, I used to be one of those people determined not to smell of anything at all having assumed the alternative was smelling of axe ;p and only graduated into proper fragrances about 6 months ago, one of the great things is there are to be so many brilliant ones, because unlike clothing good fragrnces stick around - i've only smelt about 10-20% of those people have reccomended on sufu here and in boutiques and have a long list of more that i want to buy once i have worked my way through those i have at the moment

Comment

• iSuck
                        • Mar 2008

I'm a big fan of the new Jil Sander Man Scent79 and the old Jil Sander Sun.

I bought my bf the Le Labo orange blossom that I like on him; but, not on myself.

Aside from that, Sex Panther is always a good fall back.

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

iSuck, you're Socal2NYC on Styleforum, right? No obligation to answer or anything, just curious.

Bunch of fragrances have recently been added to my list.

Musc Ravageur is wonderful, though it's almost too sweet and is definitely a nighttime-only fragrance.

Mechant Loup and Dzing from L'Artisan remain my daily wears, with dzing more playful and Mechant generally nicer.

I've been loving Safran Troublant (also from L'artisan), but it can be tricky to wear because it is so very spicy.

Noir Epices and some Different Company scent I can't recall the name of right now are on my to get list.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• iSuck
                            • Mar 2008

[quote user="theetruscan"]

iSuck, you're Socal2NYC on Styleforum, right? No obligation to answer or anything, just curious.

[/quote]

SoCal2NYC on SF, EtroSexualJ on TFS, 9500posts(after banned as Triathboy) on Men.Style.Com

Comment

• sbw4224
                              • Sep 2006

Checked out the Monocle x CDG fragrance and I was surprised at how nice it was (and the price for such a small bottle).

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]Checked out the Monocle x CDG fragrance and I was surprised at how nice it was (and the price for such a small bottle).
                                [/quote]

yep, i am still contemplating it. how much was it?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎