Page 8 of 133 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Fragrances

CB has a store in brooklyn, right? can anybody help me with directions? his stuff always sounds so interesing.

Heirloom

i fell in love with Ihateperfume 2 years ago and can't let it go. I still don't own any of his perfumes. my dream is to have my custom made scent by him once i finally go to new york.

hm. i pretty much do not wear scents at all, but cb interests me. i think i have something to do during the day tomorrow.

where can i get a bottle of bois d'argent from a seller/shop that ships to europe?

^Bois d'argent is getting quite tough to find, but you can usually get a bottle at the main Dior Homme boutiques. So, I'd advise calling one of them and having them to ship to you, since you are in Europe. It is probably the easiest way to get some. It's really a wonderful one; I love wearing it in autumn/winter.

Today, I'm breaking winter tradition and wearing a bright citrus, Guerlain Pamplelune. It's grapefruit and pathouli with some vanilla thrown in for good measure. Very sharp, a little biting, and kind of funky (thanks to the patchouli). It makes me long for summer...

I love citrus smells.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

the new allure has some citrus in it, smelled it the other day but im not so fond of the citrus. the basenotes were ok though.

Aaaahh, I remember the glory days of Jean Paul Gaultier "Le Male",
    when women(Mostly italians for some reason) would come up to you
    and whisper into your ears,
    "You smell like my husband(or boyfriend, lover, dog, etc.)",
    and you knew you were in trouble!

So I had to change my ways and swore by Helmut Langs Cuiron,
    and then the cock abandons the ship to leave me stranded ...

I'm on my last bottle, so I very much appreciate the inspiration
    here, as I need to find something to replace!

Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 11-29-2008 at 05:03 PM.
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSilver View Post
    where can i get a bottle of bois d'argent from a seller/shop that ships to europe?
    I have a big bottle for sale if you're interested. PM me!

I was at Barney's yesterday, and I got apprehended by a very pushy SA. She sprayed this random cologne on my arm as I was looking at some serge lutens scents. I wasn't thrilled, and went to go do other shopping until I could shop scents unmolested. A few minutes later, I noticed that the cologne was making my nose itch and I was about to sneeze. The SZ came up to me, grabbed my arm, and started telling me how great I smelled and how I needed to buy that cologne. She wouldn't let go of my arm, even as I was explaining that I was about to sneeze. So, in the end, for chasing me around a store, and spraying some awful scent on me, she got sneezed on. Oh well.

I still love Serge Lutens.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Bois D'Argent by Dior Homme. I have a reputation for smelling good in the small social circle of Las Vegas as a result of it.
    I like the Poivre Hermesscence (Hermes) alot too.

Quote Originally Posted by endtroducing View Post
    Bois D'Argent by Dior Homme. I have a reputation for smelling good in the small social circle of Las Vegas as a result of it.
    I like the Poivre Hermesscence (Hermes) alot too.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

currently using:
    Odeur 53 Eau de Toilette natural spray (200ml)
    CDG2 MAN Eau de parfum natural spray

Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post

i swear by this.
    been meaning to get this after I tried the sample. I was wearing under the arbor in the summer.

under the arbor is awesome, i wish i picked up a bottle when i tested it

i'm not really the best for reviews but to sum it up, i'd say it smells literally like a westcoast rainforest. some very familiar smells but i cant exactly put my finger on it, i think it was cottonwood trees though

p.s.
    i think she has an account now...

My favorite mens fragrance would have to be Rick Owens Sweat. It just has this nice clean smell to it. I love it!! jk :P

Noooo, but one of my favorites is Dior Bois D' Argent. I really enjoy the smell of it, sorta has a woodsy smell to it. I dont know its hard to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I love citrus smells.
    Yes, citrus are always wonderful ones and there is really quite an amazing variety out there.

For classic "colognes," ones like Guerlain Imperial, Parfums de Nicolai Cologne Sologne, Santa Maria Novella (the original Cologne), etc are good.

Amongst more off-kilter fare would be CdG Series Cologne, especially Vettiveru and Citrico.

My favorite Citrus of all time is Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree. It's VERY fresh, but funky and almost foul. It's "stinky oranges." Whereas most orange scents have a sort of nice, polite sweetness, this one is bitter and crisp and makes you go, "Woh!" :)

A few other interesting citruses are Eau d'hermes, Guerlain Pamplelune, and my favorite for spring/summer Eau de Lalique.

Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    his choice of birch tree in the leaves created some kind of condensed pathos and nostalgia if you happen to be of certain extraction. and i apologise for constant mentions of your significant other, hope it hasn't made me come across exceedingly creepy of yet. paraphrasing steve albini, if i had that to go home to, i'd never leave again.
    Hahaha. Indeed. I have one on my block. Mmmm, birch tree juice...

I think I am going to take a trip to Williamsburg to check CB out...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine