Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Oh man, last fashion week I picked up 100 mls bottles of Profumum Olibanum and Santalum in Italy (the closest I've found to warmed Daihatsu Mysore Sandalwood Chips - CITES compliant, btdubs.)

It was much less there than to buy on Lucky Scent.

Love.

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
      ohhhh i like this idea ! i never thought of doin that am gonna try it . will give me more use out of stuff i bought but dont use anymore . i love artisan candles too theyre one of the brands that i kno will be good , shit even their tiny votives can fill up 2 rooms . thx for the suggestions from everyone

Jogu,

You know what is amazing and reasonably priced for scenting a room? Decent quality Japanese incense. I recommend Kyukyodo - Sho Ran Koh (laughing orchid). It's the only thing they'll burn in the imperial palace in Kyoto - and no, I don't think this claim is on the low end of the marketing scale in the way Creed, who bombards celebs with Creed in goodie bags, is. I have some Sho Ran Koh if you want to smell it - it is heavenly.

Others I think you'll like is Minioren Fu-in Sandalwood or Aloeswood. I can also show you what you need to buy to lightly heat up Daihatsu Sandalwood chips, which is the dreamiest scent *in the world.* If there are other Japanese incense fans out there, or agarwood/oud lovers...I'll start a thread.

I've never had much with atomizers. I occasionally spray Santa Maria Novella Rose Water into my sheets when ironing or just into the air. Otherwise, I use it as a facial tonic - it is truly one of the best tonics out there...

MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I prefer the smell of fresh air to be honest.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          it's a beautifully crafted and well thought-out scent
          dam thats a fuckin great write up im impressed ! i used to consider leau dhiver to be my fave of the freddie malle but i hadnt smelled them all , and then after tryin fleur cassie the other nite i was rite off the bat smitten w/ it . its rare for me to smell a perfume and instantly just be like yup this is it and not hold off buyin it to debate whether i rly like it that much . and carnations ur right , i kept tryin to think of what that reddish flower is called thats hot and spicy that i knew i smelled in this but couldnt think of the goddam name and its carnations

i finally picked up one of his candles tonite also and its burning rite now for the 1st time , i ilke it alottttt , nice red colored vessel too w/ no printing or logos anywhere on it . i wanna get another one

Comment

• Verdandi
            • Mar 2012

Have you tried Une Voix Noire yet? It's the best gardenia I've ever smelled (aside from the real thing). Tom Ford has been bumped from the top. Speaking of JAR tho, their Jardenia (seriously) is quite beautiful. all of their line is impressive, but unaffordable for most (me included).
            I ordered a bottle as soon as it became available (that copy was just too damn tempting) and I am so glad I did. To me it smelled almost a bit mouldy at first, like flowers rotting somewhere. So gorgeous.
            lavender menace

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
              dam thats a fuckin great write up im impressed ! i used to consider leau dhiver to be my fave of the freddie malle but i hadnt smelled them all , and then after tryin fleur cassie the other nite i was rite off the bat smitten w/ it . its rare for me to smell a perfume and instantly just be like yup this is it and not hold off buyin it to debate whether i rly like it that much . and carnations ur right , i kept tryin to think of what that reddish flower is called thats hot and spicy that i knew i smelled in this but couldnt think of the goddam name and its carnations

i finally picked up one of his candles tonite also and its burning rite now for the 1st time , i ilke it alottttt , nice red colored vessel too w/ no printing or logos anywhere on it . i wanna get another one
              What candle did you end up getting?

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
              I ordered a bottle as soon as it became available (that copy was just too damn tempting) and I am so glad I did. To me it smelled almost a bit mouldy at first, like flowers rotting somewhere. So gorgeous.
              *jealous*

When you decide you hate it I will give you $5 for it.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I prefer the smell of fresh air to be honest.
              My first choice as well. Not easy to come by in a big city. :(
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• acalvani
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Yesterday I stopped by MiN on Crosby St in NYC. Officially my new perfumery. Forget Aedes, boys and girls. This place is awesome. Feel kinda dumb actually that I've walked by this place literally a thousand times and never walked in.

And the bonus is one of their salespeople, Alejandro, is a RO fiend, a member of SZ and a long lost Fashion Spot refugee whom I remember very well from the olden days!

Tried and very much liked Amouage Memoir. Yum.

Thank you Faust, and yes its been a long time.

Im glad you enjoyed Memoir, and as of everybody else here, im here to help with your fragrance and mens grooming concerns.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

The chill in the air has me wanting to buy a new fragrance. So what's everyones favorite fragrance they associate with fall?
                  music

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

What candle did you end up getting?

i got cafe society , hooooo boy this is where its AT ! in fact im gonna lite it right now as im typin this . cant decide which i wanna get next either russian nights or saint des saints , smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfasssst

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

I really liked Jurassic Flower.

Fall scents - Shaal Nur by Etro; Sycomore by Chanel; Dia Man by Amouge. those are the ones I've been wearing lately.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                        • Jan 2010

I went to Min today and was very pleased. Great service, good selection, great music and they had my Japanese razor blades. Thanks Faust.
                        THE HOUSE OF DIS
                        embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                          The chill in the air has me wanting to buy a new fragrance. So what's everyones favorite fragrance they associate with fall?

Better yet, buy my Jil Sander PH, still have 90% of the bottle left!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

second vote for sycomore

also as it gets colder i'm wearing more and more cdg kyoto it seems
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• maranello
                              • Dec 2009

Burberry The Beat Parfum...Brilliant scent.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by maranello View Post
                                Burberry The Beat Parfum...Brilliant scent.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎