X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atomine
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by morsto View Post
    is there a good place to order samples from in europe? I know luckyscent in the US, could really use somthing similar around here
    380 bucks for a T-shirt isn't normal, but on Stylezeitgeist it is.
    Stylezeitgeist not even once.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

also, les senteurs in london: http://shop.lessenteurs.com/page/49/Sample_Service
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Slangking
        • Nov 2010

I recently got Cuir Venenum from Parfumerie Generale and i'm really loving it. It's has a leathery, smokey, musky scent on my skin to begin with. Then later the orange blossom comes out. I'd be interested in what you think of this fragrance Dane as you have a far greater knowledge on this than I do.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I really like it too. Honeyed apricot leather from what I recall.

PG has some very interesting fragrances. Rose Brule, Iris Taizo, Felanilla, L'Eau Guerriere are all great. His Huitieme Art line didn't do much for me, but he's very talented regardless.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• #ruin
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Halber Mensch View Post
            Weird is a fitting description, but as Dane already concluded, it is an interesting fragrance indeed. I ordered a sample when it came out. It's a bit too much on the sweet side for me to wear it regularly, but I somehow feel drawn to it at times. In my head it somehow evokes an image of a huge hall in a DIY store with plenty of flowers under plastic tarps.
            received a sample yesterday, the industrial glue/scotch tape notes seemed to fizzle out quite quickly, though they still lingered a tad by the end of the day. overall like you said it's definitely interesting, but i wish those two notes had more of a lasting presence.

Comment

• Slangking
              • Nov 2010

Thanks Dane. I'll have to check out the others you mention too. The Cuir Venenum is really long lasting. Keep getting wafts of it throughout the day and fall in love with it again each time. When I was trying different ones in the leather vain, there was one that started out metallic. Can't remember who it was by or what it was called though. It was not really for me though as I found it the metallic was too much. If you're into that though it would be really great. Any idea what it would be?

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Slangking View Post
                Thanks Dane. I'll have to check out the others you mention too. The Cuir Venenum is really long lasting. Keep getting wafts of it throughout the day and fall in love with it again each time. When I was trying different ones in the leather vain, there was one that started out metallic. Can't remember who it was by or what it was called though. It was not really for me though as I found it the metallic was too much. If you're into that though it would be really great. Any idea what it would be?
                Was it also PG? They have an iris-leather (Cuir d'Iris or something like that). It was much more harsh than venenum.

Comment

• Slangking
                  • Nov 2010

I'm not sure. I will pop back to the shop when I can and find out. What do you think of Lubin? I've got Idole and Figaro and been fairly happy with them but don't think they are on par with my PG one.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

I'm not sure. I will pop back to the shop when I can and find out. What do you think of Lubin? I've got Idole and Figaro and been fairly happy with them but don't think they are on par with my PG one.
                    Idole is excellent. Wasn't crazy about their others.

I take it you're a leather fan. If you haven't tried Etat Libre's "Rien", you should. Ditto Chanel's Cuir de Russie.

Comment

• noise
                      • Oct 2012

is anyone into gourmand perfumes? i like tom ford's amber absolute, but i have the feeling that there's much more to discover in this niche.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by noise View Post
                        is anyone into gourmand perfumes? i like tom ford's amber absolute, but i have the feeling that there's much more to discover in this niche.
                        That's not really a gourmande...but if you like that sort of thing, there are definitely a lot of options. If you're okay with patchouli, Lutens' Borneo and Chanel's Coromandel both have a prominent chocolate note and are excellent (same perfumer) and have a similar oriental-vibe.

Chocolate happens to be a favourite of mine when used cleverly in a fragrance - S-Perfume's 100% Love (chocolate rose); Montale's Red Aoud (chocolate-oud); Missoni's now-discontinued recent scent; and of course Mugler's Angel. All excellent.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

This is exciting (well, for me anyway)...Lutens full line available in the US now...and even online!

Comment

• Slangking
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            Idole is excellent. Wasn't crazy about their others.

I take it you're a leather fan. If you haven't tried Etat Libre's "Rien", you should. Ditto Chanel's Cuir de Russie.
                            Thanks for those recommendations Dane. Yes I'm a sucker for leather. Think I need to branch out a bit for my next one. I'm thinking of tobacco although that might not be that much of a difference.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Thanks for those recommendations Dane. Yes I'm a sucker for leather. Think I need to branch out a bit for my next one. I'm thinking of tobacco although that might not be that much of a difference.
                              Only tabacco I can recommend is Back to Black (Kilian). Tom Ford's is meh, but popular. Etat Libre's Jasmine & Cigarettes if you want literal tobacco.

Comment

• Slangking
                                • Nov 2010

Thanks for those recommendations. Will definitely check them out. My Idole is running low so will need a replacement soon.

For those who are in London I would recommend checking out a shop called Bloom near Brick Lane. They don't sell any what I would call mainstream fragrances (by that I mean Dior, Chanel etc.) and the staff seem knowledgeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎