Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anomolies
    • Dec 2011

no that's not close to what I have in mind. still too cosplayish. Sorry but you're not funny. At all.

Victorian as closer to what Mcqueen was designing when he was still alive. I really loved his pieces, although I could never see myself wearing most of it. Something a bit toned down would be easier to pull off.
    I don't mind color, but that will come after i'm really comfortable in my own style.

I never went through a goth trend, but I find myself gravitating towards it lately.

This pic from WAYWT kinda sums up what I wish I could pull off, but a bit darker mood. Need to grow my hair out longer to be able to wear a cap like that though

Last edited by anomolies; 01-04-2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• phiman
      • Dec 2011

Hey everybody, this is my first post at SZ, been following this Forum for quite some time now but for some reason haven't contributed until now. But i figured this topic might be best to introduce myself.

My personal style went through quite a number of radical changes over the past few years. My conventional H&M and Zara wardrobe evolved into a rather dark/gothic styling which i kept going for about 2 years. After i broke up with my long-term girlfriend when i was feeling that it was kinda time for a change, i got into the rather high-priced brands like Dolce, Prada, etc. Then, about one and a half years ago, i suddenly felt a bit douchy, realizing that i was quite a show-off wearing these clothes. That was about the time when i discovered Julius and Rick Owens (which i had never heard of before) and instantly got addicted. I guess i kinda rediscovered my affection for dark aesthethic at that moment. From that moment on i started building a wardrobe of Julius, Rick Owens, Damir Doma, etc. which hasn't ended until now. I'm quite addicted to BBS at the moment and haunt down almost everything that i can get my hands on (which isn't that much for there is just one store selling a limited range of BBS in Munich).

Comment

• Umbra
        • Aug 2011

When I become interested in fashion, I started with clothes that fit my skinny body. Before I bought all my stuff 1 - 3 sizes too big . After that I got interested in Japanese fashion, but realized, that it isn`t my style. Now I`m ended up here, but I think I will never totally break in the "goth ninja" look. I don`t feel good in overall black looks, although I see so much people, how looking really great in it. Second the price tags kill it for me. As a student, it isn`t possible affording a high end wardrobe.

Now I`m wearing skinny black and blue raw denim, with lace up boots or black sneakers, and most of the time some knits or hoodies from All saints (feel free to doom me for that ). But the quality of the clothes is decent for the price, I like the design and I it works out for me.

My plan for the future is combining that, with some standout hig end pieces. My grail are the Ann D Vitello Olio Boots right now, that`s my next purchase, if I have saved the money.

Comment

• killah
          • Jun 2009

no color, color, no color, color, no color, n now finally back to color

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

This is a great thread.

I think it was levi's in the beginning with ripped heavy metal t-shirts and black docks. Then jeans became skinnier (but still levi's), the t-shirts remained, hoodies and a black leather jacket. When i finished high school i discovered Paul Smith, Dsquared, Dolce & Gabbana and Richmond (Michael Kard where are you? ) but got bored of them really quickly. Then everyone started wearing Dsquared in Greece. I am a fashion icon i guess.
            Anyway it all really began with CDG, Y's and Dior Homme. Then i appreciated Balenciaga, MMM, Marni, Ann and recently got into RO, Julius, Devoa and Obscur. I am still studying, evolving, experimenting but this time i am glad that the clothes, the garments, the aesthetics are up to my expectations and help me present a piece of my inner-self.
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

I bet you bought all your stuff from Sotris? I'm 99% certain you did.

More importantly, do you buy any of your clothes from stores in Greece? Just curious cos since 2010 Sotris has dropped Ann.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                I bet you bought all your stuff from Sotris? I'm 99% certain you did.

More importantly, do you buy any of your clothes from stores in Greece? Just curious cos since 2010 Sotris has dropped Ann.
                Sotris and Free Shop. Sotris is a bad place to buy really, overpriced most of the times, old clothes dropped as new and stuff. I always new what i wanted before visiting the shop. Sotris dropped not only Ann but pretty much everything these days. No CDG, no RO, no Y's and the list continues.
                Nowadays i shop only online, with the exception of two long sleeves i purchased from Sotris (If Only Was True in great price) and a Balenciaga shirt from Free Shop. Too bad that i can't try anything before buying, luckily no mistakes in terms of sizing till now.

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

Yeah I know, the markups are massive in both stores. Sotris still has a pair of Ann sneakers from FW08 for more 3retail.

I quite like Free Shop, although the prices are not great there either and their selection is totally not my thing.

You should definitely check out Yiorgos Eleftheriades' store/showroom in Psyri, it's not bad at all actually, although his mens designs are meh. The women's stuff is geniunely dope though, and all of his products are made in Greece. It's a nice place to buy your special presents.

Beyond that I've heard of A La Mode (?) in pireas but I've never been.

Genika h fash einai halia.
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

You should definitely check out Yiorgos Eleftheriades' store/showroom in Psyri, it's not bad at all actually, although his mens designs are meh. The women's stuff is geniunely dope though, and all of his products are made in Greece. It's a nice place to buy your special presents.
                    I bought two shirts from him not bad at all.

Beyond that I've heard of A La Mode (?) in pireas but I've never been.

Genika h fash einai halia.
                    A La Mode has a store in Glyfada too, I've never been there either.

Do you remember when Bettina used to sell men's stuff? Great clothes.

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

Haha I don't remember nothing. Genithika to eneninta dyo (mi to peis pouthena )

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Haha I don't remember nothing. Genithika to eneninta dyo (mi to peis pouthena )
                        Kala eisai eikosi? XAXAXAXAXA

Comment

• I was bullied, hated, ostrasized and tamed by people in my surroundings that hated my guts. I ended up doing the same. In order to win back myself as the way I've always wanted to be, using clothes as a support system to defend my nature has been a natural step. The better I feel, the more unorthodox I dress. Nowadays I wear dresses just as much as regular tops, but 10 years ago I didn't even know I could allow myself to grow my hair long, much less dress in heels, even though I've always wanted to.

It has helped me find a surrounding and people that want me for me.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

A La Mode is bull shit too! I have a house in Pireas, and its within walking distance. More of the same malakies you find elsewhere.

Sotris, when i last visited was as you said, a mix of old and new all crammed on the rails. So much so you could just about browse the rails.

Free shop is a nice little space, but not much to it. I do remember a store in the same are (fucking hate Kolonaki with a passion) which stocked LUC but cant remember the name of it for the life of me.

Re Mixalh, foraga Helmut otan eisouna se pampers :p just jokes baby, just jokes
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                              A La Mode is bull shit too! I have a house in Pireas, and its within walking distance. More of the same malakies you find elsewhere.

Sotris, when i last visited was as you said, a mix of old and new all crammed on the rails. So much so you could just about browse the rails.

Free shop is a nice little space, but not much to it. I do remember a store in the same are (fucking hate Kolonaki with a passion) which stocked LUC but cant remember the name of it for the life of me.

Re Mixalh, foraga Helmut otan eisouna se pampers :p just jokes baby, just jokes
                              Kalws se vrika kai sena
                              Just to make it clear, i go to Free Shop only for Balenciaga and MMM. Nothing more.
                              Stocked LUC? Come on, remember the name

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Bump for members new and old.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎