Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farkhanyassin
    • Jan 2010

I guess so. But, I've a feeling the Preppy look is here to stay for the next 40 years. Glunge, give it 30.
    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

fuck all that i'ma be here for another 75.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
        • Jan 2010

Well said. Though, I don't know how long my size 44 frame will stay. It'll be nice to wear everything I have forever.
        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• DRRRK
          • Aug 2009

Sorry to say that, but this does not seem to be an evolution of your style, more a succession of picking up others' styles.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
            • Jan 2010

You could say that it's true, I'm easily influenced by something I like.
            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

^And I respect that as long as you don't claim it's the opposite.
              Needlees to mention that I like "glunge" best.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

photos are an odd testimony to rick's power as a designer
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                  ^And I respect that as long as you don't claim it's the opposite.
                  Needlees to mention that I like "glunge" best.

Thanks a lot man.

FYI, took all the pictures specifically for this thread. You can sense how bored I am.
                  MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post

FYI, took all the pictures specifically for this thread. You can sense how bored I am.
                    This is about as good a definition of luxury as any I've seen from modern day zeitgeist-musing editorialists...

time, youth, cash - you got the world on a string my man. don't let 'em down.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

1000 posts!!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

More often than not your posts get to the heart of the topic. Keep it up!

Comment

• YoungM
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                        Sorry to say that, but this does not seem to be an evolution of your style, more a succession of picking up others' styles.
                        I just don't understand this attitude. Are you telling me that, as you're style evolved, it simply appeared out of the ether in your brain? There was no following involved? I simply find that hard to believe. I recall a quote, I believe by a composer that went
                        "Originality is the art of hiding your sources."

If this is the case, then perhaps the above poster is a little less skilled than others on the forum, but it's still hard to accuse only a select group of picking up styles from others. We all do it, and we all do it a lot. At best, the people on this forum have picked a slightly smaller niche than most others.

Also, I deeply respect managing more than one aesthetic. Keeps people from going stale.

Comment

• mononon
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post

Thanks a lot man.

wait, so you changed several times, each time changing into a past outfit just for this?
                          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• stereophobic
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            man...you're fine by me, but that's not a document of style evolution; it's a portrait of privileged adolescence which you're still well in the throes of.
                            Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            This is about as good a definition of luxury as any I've seen from modern day zeitgeist-musing editorialists...

time, youth, cash - you got the world on a string my man. don't let 'em down.
                            Quoted for truth. I've seen people accused of bandwagoneering here on SZ in my short time here but none of them have deserved that title more than Farkhanyassin's series of pictures above.
                            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by YoungM View Post
                              I just don't understand this attitude. Are you telling me that, as you're style evolved, it simply appeared out of the ether in your brain? There was no following involved? I simply find that hard to believe. I recall a quote, I believe by a composer that went
                              "Originality is the art of hiding your sources."

If this is the case, then perhaps the above poster is a little less skilled than others on the forum, but it's still hard to accuse only a select group of picking up styles from others. We all do it, and we all do it a lot. At best, the people on this forum have picked a slightly smaller niche than most others.

Also, I deeply respect managing more than one aesthetic. Keeps people from going stale.
                              The problem is, like DRRRK said, this hardly an evolution, it's more of a trend list for last decade. There is no substance in any of this, just costumes, it lacks honesty. It's just a trail of 'cool' leading the wearer nowhere closer to any sort of personal style. You need to find other reasons to dress the way you do other than your peers and the media. Ultimately, all that effort gets you nowhere, the clothes wear you, and you look more lost than ever, and clearly money can't buy style. Regardless this 'evolution' ends in a poor joke.

And this is beyond 'niche' brands; there is a logic to the evolution of my style. There is a story there, a clarity to the shifts and adaptations right back to my first notions of my appearance.

And the whole 'managing more than one aesthetic' is total bullshit..what is gained by that? a life long pretender..
                              ..any style you can fake
                              we can cop better

sorry for the negative train..but someone had to call it

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                                ... There is no substance in any of this, just costumes, it lacks honesty...
                                wooo boy well said i agree completely .
                                it does seem to lack somethin genuine , like ur just wearin rick cos its kinda trendy. i prolly wouldnt think that if i had seen your "evolution" as somethin like early raf to junya to current: rick owens , but goin from popped collars to timbaland boots to now RO... idk seems kind of a weird jump .
                                but then its possible u may have just discovered somethin u do genuinely like ; only time will tell if its another fad for u . now if he starts bustin out yohji fits im gonna start lulz'in like crazy
                                Last edited by jogu; 01-22-2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎