Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metin
    • Dec 2008

I didn't realize people actually used the word "glunge" seriously. I am assuming you read it in some magazine's description of Rick and have taken a shine to the term.

Comment

• Enaml
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
      And the whole 'managing more than one aesthetic' is total bullshit..what is gained by that? a life long pretender..
      ..any style you can fake
      [I] we can cop better
      While I agree with this, I think you also have to note that while someone maintains a consistent aesthetic, he or she can also 'tip their hat' to other styles, so to speak, varying things day to day. I'm in no way defending the images on the previous page though... I think this is an important aspect of the "designer//remixer" concept that's been discussed on SZ before. It's also possibly to vary outfits greatly while keeping a consistent aesthetic, which many members show in their fit pictures, etc.
      How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

I won't comment on farkhyassan's picture gallery; others have given him quite the feedback. I will say that I agree with Enaml, particularly his last statement. Some of the members who do this well are Christian and Fuuma. I assume Pinoy is another based on theetruscan's comment on the former's last WAYWT photo.

Also, in many cases the aesthetic is not the constant, but rather the analysis of one's experiences that holds together the many presentations (if that makes sense). This does not appear to be the case with our neon funkmaster skateboarding polo player, but I thought it noteworthy.
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• ronin
          Banned
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post

Also, in many cases the aesthetic is not the constant, but rather the analysis of one's experiences that holds together the many presentations (if that makes sense).
          I agree, if I understand correctly. I have not reached a high enough maturity level in my style to have a consistent aesthetic, and by objective standards two outfits I would wear could look absolutely unlinked, but to me coherence lies in the way I feel about them, the way I relate to them and appropriate them. I also feel like, being young and generally still immature, different 'styles' (I don't like speaking like that, it's not as if I could count them or put a name on them or even set the barrier correctly) reflect the different influences I may have had and can't seem to concentrate enough to make them objectively coherent. For example, I've been heavily influenced by streetwear in my childhood, and I've developped a strong liking for 1940s clothing, those are totally different in terms of aesthetics but I still feel like they're both a part of me.
          (And I still like being costumey sometimes, it helps me get in the mood (for that big meeting or that family dinner), I guess it pleases the little kid in me.)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
            man...you're fine by me, but that's not a document of style evolution; it's a portrait of privileged adolescence which you're still well in the throes of.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
              • Jan 2010

Wowwee. Look guys, I'm still a bit young to see which look will stay forever. I've got about 61 years ahead of me if I use the average age of death. But, for me now, I feel very comfortable where I am, with 3 'costumes' to play around with. I have a strong feeling that the dark look will stay for a very long time.

No need to be hatin y'all :)
              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

yes, of course, but there is a difference between poking around in sartorial darkness and trying on ready-made looks. clothes should fit your personality (if you have any), not the other way around.

Sidenote: FtB, I've been impressed with quickly you have matured in the past year. This is judging by your language, going from amusing-irritating teenage poetry to well-formulated thoughts. I hope I don't come off as patronizing.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Sidenote: FtB, I've been impressed with quickly you have matured in the past year. This is judging by your language, going from amusing-irritating teenage poetry to well-formulated thoughts. I hope I don't come off as patronizing.
                  thats funny because earlier today i thought this exact same thing. he's become one of my favorite posters. quick witted but with a mature perspective. and dark. which is good.

reminds me of myself
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• enterthedirt
                    • Nov 2008

managing aesthetics

Im terms of managing more than one aesthetic - I believe numerous people are 'forced' into this when it comes to work clothing. The aesthetic / code that i must follow for work is not what i generally wear outside of work. Any budget i have for clothing is somewhat split between the two - and both are part of my personality. I'm sure the same applies to many others

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ certainly used to apply to me. does anyone want to buy my collection of dress shirts?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bless you bleed
                        • Jan 2010

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                          • Jan 2010

Hot Dannnng. Where'd you get that pic?
                          MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

^^^

Welcome to the Internet, brother.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                              • Jan 2010

Yessuh. I was imagining a trailer of a movie. Some dude who started at the ghetto, who then got into the rave scene, went dapper, then at the demise of his brother, turns into a goth ninja.
                              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

finally, Fark gets his own internet meme on sz. although i'm disappointed it was made on an alter account.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎