Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Really liking Nejicommu. The size, minimalism and shape of some watches reminds me of the taichi murakami watch that's so hard to find.

http://www.nejicommu.com/

Just got an email that LN-CC has some pieces.
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• macolife
      • Jun 2016

All of my watches are my favorite, for various reasons. But more so, it's because I have a very limited amount of my income to spend in this hobby, that I have picked my watch purchases very carefully.

Now I am wearing snzf51j1
      for me its perfect in size, weight and feeling
      dept store

Comment

• skullkid
        • Aug 2015

nice DRSD Eton! condtion is superb and dial looks mint

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

Thank you. It's a 1974. And yes. I've never seen a minter example. Immaculate case. Immaculate dial. All original.

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• blaw95
            • Oct 2015

anyone here own a rolex datejust and care to comment or review the watch? planning on getting one.

Comment

• SuE
              • Jan 2013

I've long wondered why few of our favorite artisan designers offer watches. Rick Owens designs jewelry and furniture but a watch is beyond his abilities?

What's on your wrists these days? Nomos, Rolex, Patek? Has anyone been seduced by smartwatches?

Lately I've been looking up oddities like the old MMM...

and considering memento moris like MJW and the previously mentioned Lad Musician

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
              Originally posted by byhand View Post
              Alternatively, one may opt for this specimen offered from Lad Musician a few years back. This one will allow you to actually buy food and have a place to keep yourself warm at night...if such mundane things interest you.
              the man that wears that watch doesn't need food, human blood is enough, and he doesn't need a warm place to stay, Hell is all around us....

why is there even a watches thread? what's next a rollerblade thread?
              One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Nomos are so lame-looking, it's not even funny. They should hire a real designer, like Sruli Recht, to design a watch.

I think most independent designers don't do it, because to do it properly is a probably a major hassle. It's entering a whole new industry with its own set of laws, mythologies, etc.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• multipleof3
                  • Nov 2017

I also think that an independent entering the watch world would pose the difficult problem of where to price. Id assume Rick would price higher than regular fashion watches, but competing with the established Swiss brands would be a real struggle as I cant see many choosing a RO watch over something like a Rolex. Also I agree with Nomos being boring, granted I want a 14270 Rolex explorer.

Comment

• Jeroenr
                    • May 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Nomos are so lame-looking, it's not even funny. They should hire a real designer, like Sruli Recht, to design a watch.

I think most independent designers don't do it, because to do it properly is a probably a major hassle. It's entering a whole new industry with its own set of laws, mythologies, etc.
                    Its also total different thing. Its not easy to produce a good watch.

Comment

• delayedReaction
                      • Dec 2014

Precisely this; ETA, which used to supply the majority of Swiss mechanical movements, made a strategic decision several years ago to stop effectively subsidizing their competition, which then placed the pressure on existing brands to produce their own movements in-house.

Previously, a brand could source a respectable ETA movement, do some some minor customization and produce an acceptable mechanical watch, but now a brand needs the resources to develop their own movements in-house.

And that's just table stakes, it's equally important to make consistent contributions to the development of the field (aka make a splash at Baselworld). And that's the real barrier to entry, otherwise, a brand ends up classified in the jewelry-watch category, like Hermes, Ralph Lauren, Vuitton, etc.

A brand can produce expensive watches for decades (Hermes, Tiffany's and on and on), but unless they tick the right boxes, they won't be taken seriously. It is possible to move into the market and be taken seriously even though they're a new entry to the market (see Montblanc), but it takes a great deal of investment outside of their area of expertise.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Well, Parts Of Four are in the process of making/designing a watch …
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎