• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: Watches

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

I really like the two that servo started this thread with... especially the second one. Thanks man for showing that there are some really sharp, classy watches that aren't one billion dollars!

The breguet is VERY lovely but I googled it and the price destroyed half of my soul on impact.

I can't even say I'd ever spring for it even if I could technically afford it. I mean come on... ouch.

[/quote]

I ended up picking up the first one awhile back and it was definitely worth the money. A little cheap-feeling, but I mean, it's $100. I think the quality of the design and interesting method of time-display balance out the quality drop.

That, and it's all black.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• jak1
      • Dec 2007

I am a serious fan of panerai watches..

Comment

• jak1
        • Dec 2007

just illustrating my watches.. the brown strap is made from a genuine WWII leather ammo pouch.. and such, i tried to set it next to my carpe diems and create a silly military looking picture.. like redneck glamour shots..

Comment

• jak1
          • Dec 2007

it is an old picture.. I think you are reading too much into it.. I did not make it specifically for this site. as I am finding out.. people here are super opinionated.. which is sometimes a great resource..and other times a great annoyance..

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="jak1"]it is an old picture.. I think you are reading too much into it.. I did not make it specifically for this site. as I am finding out.. people here are super opinionated.. which is sometimes a great resource..and other times a great annoyance..[/quote]

lulz.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• pbt
              • Jan 2007

[quote user="jak1"] people here are super opinionated.. which is sometimes a great resource..and other times a great annoyance..[/quote]

....noted Jak1....

Comment

• jak1
                • Dec 2007

ok then.. picture is deleted.. and you see you missed the point.. nothing about the watch.. which is the subject behind this thread.. your comments are regarding a secondary detail of a pic that is superfluous to the discussion.. anyway, i deleted the pic so as not to offend others..

Comment

• pbt
                  • Jan 2007

[quote user="wire.artist"]As everyone isn't reacting as me
                  [/quote]

I think you might've missed the joke I was making, wire.artist.

Comment

• Real Real
                    • Feb 2007

I used to have one of the basic Panerais (220G, I think, the classic one). Nice design, but not really my thing, mainly because they're too big for me. I've got a 7 inch wrist, and I don't like the lugs of the watch to poke out past the sides of my wrist (the way they do on a lot of people who wear oversized watches - Panerais, Royal Oaks, etc).

The breguet is VERY lovely but I googled it and the price destroyed half of my soul on impact.

I can't even say I'd ever spring for it even if I could technically afford it. I mean come on... ouch.

I don't know man. $14k for that Breguet vs what, $5k for a CCP leather jacket? The Breguet seems like a better deal to me. You could hand that Breguet down to your kids, and it keeps most of its value...whereas you'll probably be done with the leather jacket in a decade or so?

I understand we're talking about ridiculous sums all around, but $14k for a watch doesn't seem less affordable to me than $5k for a leather jacket. All about our varying (ridiculous) priorities, eh? I admit that the CCP/etc stuff on this forum is beautifully made.

Comment

• pipcleo
                      • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Real Real
                        • Feb 2007

[quote user="pipcleo"]dont be offended as this board obviously wouldnt recognise a great time piece if it fell on its head[/quote]

Don't think that's fair man. Anyways, Panerais definitely toe the line of being "fashion" watches as is, we're not talking about something it takes a connoisseur's eye to appreciate.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

I think most people on this forum can appreciate the aesthetics and concept. It's just hard to swallow throwing down that much at once and getting something small back for it.

$5k is a lot to throw down at once (longevity of the item notwithstanding), $15-90k is even more.

Its beautiful. Absolutely beautiful, but yeah.... I can't drop that $$$ just yet. Everything has to be sort of proportional. If I save and drop $15-20k on a timepiece. I have no new clothes to wear for... a while. A long while.

If you got the bills, I can't hate. I love something crafted by hand old school style.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• pipcleo
                            • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

I agree about the prices. Here are 3 that are really expensive but also really beautiful:

hublot bat bang

romain jerome titanic dna

hublot big bang all black

Comment

• osn19
                                • Feb 2007

The 2 Hublot watches are really beautiful. But I don't even know if the bat bang is even available anywhere. The other one is around 12 k !

I personally wear Dior Homme Chiffre Rouge Black Time, but it feels really cheap compared to the beautiful ones in the pics you've posted.

Originally posted by blacksuit
                                wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎