X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monoral
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    I hate to say this to you but maybe the game is too hard for you? I have no problem with weapons or stamina because I upgraded weapon slots and upgraded stamina over hearts but I don't die because elixirs, in the beginning crappier weapons break more.
    Too hard? please.... You're talking to a Dark Souls fanatic here.

Explain to me how weapons that breaks after like what 5-6 swings make sense? and when they break the game pauses (yeah this is a good idea game designer...) and break the flows and immersion.

No wonder Hyrule got Gannon problem because they made their swords out of cardboard boxes and cum soaked rag. Am I to believe that Knights and Soldier fight with these things? Come on man that's not very realistic i know that realism is stupid when discussing videogames. But there has to be some grounding you know?

And to be fair i don't think weapon's durability make much sense in fucking Dark Souls either. But at least Dark Souls weapons isn't made out of twigs

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
      Too hard? please.... You're talking to a Dark Souls fanatic here.

Explain to me how weapons that breaks after like what 5-6 swings make sense? and when they break the game pauses (yeah this is a good idea game designer...) and break the flows and immersion.

No wonder Hyrule got Gannon problem because they made their swords out of cardboard boxes and cum soaked rag. Am I to believe that Knights and Soldier fight with these things? Come on man that's not very realistic i know that realism is stupid when discussing videogames. But there has to be some grounding you know?

And to be fair i don't think weapon's durability make much sense in fucking Dark Souls either. But at least Dark Souls weapons isn't made out of twigs
      game pauses? you lost me there.
      I am sorry you do not like the game play, I love the game, its probably the best game I have played in a really long time. using moblin and lizard stuff will break quicker than anything else. use more emphasis on bows, idk man it depends on your playstyle but if youre effective your stuff should not break that often unless its crap. If my stuff breaks, I switch to something else or pick up an enemy weapon or shuffle to the bow idk man.
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Monoral
        • Mar 2014

Hey man i like the game too. It's just me, I like to criticize things that i like even things that i love.
        Nothing is perfect after all. Those two things that i didn't like are overshadowed by things that i find really compelling. Like princess Zelda or the flamboyant house guys or the perfect usage of negative spaces and NPC spawn and placements.

Don't worry about my opinion man really.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

sometimes i forget that i am a Nintendo apologist and will defend them until global warming gets us
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Monoral
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
            sometimes i forget that i am a Nintendo apologist and will defend them until global warming gets us
            One shouldn't blindly defend a corporation's especially one with business practices that defied human comprehensions. Nintendo as of late has been pulling a lot of Nintendo moves lately (arrogant, lazy, oblivious, anti consumer)

Also Nintendo why can't i back up my save on PC? If i drop my Switch then everything's gone...

Comment

• Resonkuken
              • Oct 2012

I haven´t really been terribly bothered by weapon durability. It sucks, a lot, when you lose a cool new weapon, but the rest of the game is so, so, so good that I can easily forgive it for taking my favorite weapons so quickly. I´d never own a Nintendo and had barely played Zelda before BotW and, as a huge Playstation fan who never though other games would take the pantheon, I can honestly say this is the best game I´ve played. It´s ridiculous how well the open world was crafted, how fun it is to simply wander the world. I´m over 50 hours, done a few sidequests, a few main missions and only one divine beast down. All in the aforementioned 50 hours. I´m basically just running around, climbing, finding shrines and towers and doing a lot of fun stuff.

Comment

• Monoral
                • Mar 2014

Any of you guys played Nier Automata?

I am currently busy being a Japanese School boy in Persona 5, Find it cathartic being old ass man IRL :D

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                  Any of you guys played Nier Automata?

I am currently busy being a Japanese School boy in Persona 5, Find it cathartic being old ass man IRL :D
                  apparently its baller status 10/10 material, I am waiting to get it because I have not finished my BOTW

Comment

• Monoral
                    • Mar 2014

I've only gotten the first ending of Nier: Automata before Persona 5 came out. It is very good gameplay wise and i can see what they're going with the plot, haven't finish in it's totality yet so can't provide in depth opinion.

Persona tho oh mine... I friggin love this game and i really wanna see how they're going about making the Shin megami tensei for the Switch (and when will it be release?)

Comment

• Vrax
                      • Jan 2013

I'm looking forward to seeing how "Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice" ends up...Ninja Theory has been working on it for years, and although in many aspects it reminds me of another DMC/Tomb Raider clone, I'll definitely give it a try once it comes out. Seeing elements of Norse mythology and psychological horror mixed together is always a plus, just hoping the combat system won't end up being too clanky and sluggish. Also, Trilateral did the face scans for the main character, and their YouTube channel is updated regularly with dev diaries.

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

Ninja theory games has been good so far but all of them had zero replayability in my opinion. All of them do had great plot and characterizations.

As much as i love Enslaved and DMC, after the credits roll I'm just done with it and all attempts to replay them again just left me cold.

Ya'll check out Nioh DLC yet?
                        Last edited by Monoral; 05-10-2017, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• poltergiest
                          • May 2017

Just started it out actually, finding it a little harder than expected too. enemies are a little faster in comparison

Comment

• Monoral
                            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by poltergiest View Post
                            Just started it out actually, finding it a little harder than expected too. enemies are a little faster in comparison
                            Yup they pulled a Dark Souls 3 DLC move. Just throw white hot cruelty at you and laugh.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Slacker 2.0

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                                • Sep 2015

O Faust, can't you let us have this method of escapism? Right now, though, I'm playing The Silver Case (which I hesitate to call a game, as it's a visual novel) and I can't recall being this fascinated by a game since Pokémon Gold. Goichi Suda's ideas aren't always executed in the best way, but this is a definite win for him. There's plenty of New Order references, too.
                                who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎