X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volta
    • May 2009

to the contrary, here's HUGE news.

uploaded one hour ago, it shows for those not in the loop, the scrapped version of biohazard 2 (these days known as 1.5), which was 80-90% complete. for a while now, there's been this anonymous group teasing having one of the extremely rare beta discs, and that they will release it to the public. it's weird because they could literally sell it for thousands of dollars.

so pumped, to finally get to play this after 1.5 decades (ha.. ha..) if it turns out to be real.
    Last edited by volta; 10-31-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Zenith
      • Jun 2009

I thought the beta was owned by someone who was originally going to share it, then changed their mind and put an extortionate price on it. Never thought it would drop.

The graphics just so much better than what was the finished product.

Double dragon neo looks great, hows the gameplay differ from the original sans the double teams/magic moves? Would love to see the DD2 (the best DD) get a similar treatment.

Comment

• mizzar
        • Mar 2008

HOTLINE MIAMI

action,
        indie,
        best soundtrack of the year.
        best gameplay of the year in roguelike genre.

trailers.

Do you like hurting other people?
        ____
        sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• cc-e
          • Dec 2011

this is from That Game Company
          available on psn (dunno about xbox live) , really beautiful not that big of a game but I absolutely loved it

here's the trailer
          from the creators of Flow and Flowerfrom the press releaseThe pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation Network titles flOw & Flower are back w...

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
            I thought the beta was owned by someone who was originally going to share it, then changed their mind and put an extortionate price on it. Never thought it would drop.

The graphics just so much better than what was the finished product.
            there's two builds known to exist out there, the curator/playstation museum build at 40% and the 'bioflames' one at 80%. this one group is expanding upon the former, trying to piece it together into a fully playable experience.

it also looks so much more difficult than bio 2. more zombies on screen with more agility, and the abillity to climb ladders + other things. traps that could do damage, more def. gear available etc. raccoon seems to be portrayed as even more of a dystopia, with a police station that actually looks like a police station and not some art museum with two cells <- not necessarily a bad thing.

it was never going to be shared, but it was put up for sale on a fan-forum but of course the fans screwed up big time (death threats, it was the biggest shitstorm)

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
            Double dragon neo looks great, hows the gameplay differ from the original sans the double teams/magic moves? Would love to see the DD2 (the best DD) get a similar treatment.
            i assume with double teaming you mean grabbing enemies and letting a buddy pump them in the gut? yeah, those don't exist unfortunately. in general the gameplay is a bit slower too. i would still suggest it's worth the purchase by a lot.

a beat 'em up that is really underrated.. crest of wolf/riot zone for the pc-e. most (few) impressions are rather negative but i fucking love it, and as always with t's, the music is awesome, though focusing more on the funky side of the guitar.

if your wii is homebrewed there is the wiimednafen emulator ported to it which feature a pc-engine emulator that is pretty much 100%. installing the homebrew channel takes about 5 minutes. you should look into it if you have a sd(hc) memory and the interest for it. post here if you decide to do that and i could list some amazing gems.
            Last edited by volta; 11-01-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
              • Jun 2012

Definitely pretty intriguing. Think anything will ever come of the scrapped second RE4 beta?
              I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• Unexist
                • May 2012

I think its not 1,5 version on video. Cause graphics looks much better than on ps1. Lets see anyway ))))

Comment

• volta
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by AngelofDeath View Post
                  Definitely pretty intriguing. Think anything will ever come of the scrapped second RE4 beta?
                  no, there were only a few rooms modeled and very early in development and so no discs were ever printed and especially not to the public. haunting grounds on the ps2 took assets and ideas from fog/hookman beta though.

Originally posted by Unexist View Post
                  I think its not 1,5 version on video. Cause graphics looks much better than on ps1. Lets see anyway ))))
                  it's played through an emulator.

also
                  When Dark Souls first came out, an answer Miyazaki gave in a Famitsu interview said he'd choose either nothing or a pendant for his starting gift in Dark Souls. The pendant, which has no in-game function, became a focal point for the wilder elements of the community, and the centre of every conspiracy theory going.

I ask Miyazaki whether Manus is a little dig at the series' more obsessive players. “That is a very interesting consideration,” says the devilish fox. “But I suppose I did not include the meaning.” And as for the original pendant speculation, brace yourselves Dark Soulers for Miyazaki's final word: “When it comes to the pendant, I actually had a little bit of an intention to play a prank.
                  Last edited by volta; 11-06-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

been really liking non-traditional video games recently. enjoyed both botanicula and machinarium by amanita studios -- point and click with little to no direction

any suggestions if i were looking into video games as art?

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                      silent hill 2 - you've probably heard about the shitty american movies but NO ONE should care about that crap or let it affect the games. just ignore. it's available on the pc, so yeah, why not pirate this old software, but if you got a ps2 it's better to buy a cheap used copy of it. then if you like it enough you can go through the third one which is also on both systems mentioned.

the pc port is not perfect but if it's the only way to play it, don't write it off.
                      the port for 3 however wasn't outsourced so that one is 100% accurate.

plus tons more, but i don't know which systems we're looking at.

cuz there's nothing like sadistic japanese design..
                      Last edited by volta; 11-06-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Zenith
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                        been really liking non-traditional video games recently. enjoyed both botanicula and machinarium by amanita studios -- point and click with little to no direction

Probably obvious suggestions:
                        Ico/Shadow of the colossus
                        Journey
                        Any Katamari game or Nobi Nobi boy

Other suggestions I either simply don't agree with (Braid), or imo are far too accomplished as traditional games to be merely passed off as art.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by volta View Post
                          cuz there's nothing like sadistic japanese design..
                          True that. Nothing quite like the Silent Hill franchise in terms of design and atmosphere.

Definitely have to second Shadow of the Colossus, as well.

Also, Okami, Super Mario World 2, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Touhou/Team Shanghai Alice series, and PSX-era Final Fantasy.
                          I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• lalilulelo
                            • Sep 2012

Ico is tough to enjoy. It's just slow. But it was years ago I played it. Beautiful atmosphere in game tho.

Comment

• volta
                              • May 2009

since it will get a fan-translation in the near future; 'moon' on the psx/ps1.
                              very artistic and you can soak up the atmosphere at any tempo, exploring the bizarre and dreamy world (midget mushroom dudes in the forest speaking gibberish plz), since that's what it's mostly about. it's an obscure one.
                              oh yeah.. it's made by a few unknown chrono trigger artists who went on to create their own independent company. same with it's spiritual sequel 'endonesia' (i can upload it if any of ya got a modified ps2 since it's not able to be emulated or found anywhere on the web.)

'addie's present' is also quite unique, but jap only with some obscure puzzles..
                              'molmorth' ps2 is another one that LOOKS AMAZING. don't suggest that one unless you know jpns.

links;

moon translation - http://www.romhacking.net/forum/inde...c,13260.0.html & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1oonHDSh4A
                              endo - http://www.vanpool.co.jp/endonesia/gallery/gallery.html & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PtnnLOqUf4
                              addie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7eYU376chY
                              molmorth - http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespo..._screen004.jpg

Comment

• MJRH
                                • Nov 2006

i seldom play new video games any more, but my roommate introduced me to Stanley's Parable, and it's right up my alley. if ever a game were Kafkaesque, this is it. there are six possible endings to the game, each reached through a story delivered in much the same style and tone as a choose-your-own-adventure book. the narration is superbly tongue-in-cheek, and the game repeatedly pokes fun at video game convention and narration in general. typical lines include your character realizing he's going mad because he can't see his feet (it's in the first person), and the narrator informing your character in one ending that you will be happy now because nobody is making your decisions for you any more. i've never played a game that was intended as a means of conveying a philosophy as well as mere entertainment.

i can't say more without spoiling, but to give an idea of the accessibility of the game, my roommate who recommended the game to me is a connoisseur of the medium, and he loved it; and i in turn made my mom play it, and she was laughing the whole time... highly recommended!—even for those who don't play games.
                                ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎