Banned
    • Feb 2011

kind of neat
    but really fucking obtuse
    and these graphics are dumb shit feels like farmville

Comment

• thinbuddha
      • Jul 2011

Anyone see the trailer for The Phantom Pain yet?
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

ff versus being renamed ffxv? it has been speculated and suggested prior.. e3 trailer and q4 release have also been rumored. but where is ito (when not slaving away at ios games)? sakaguchi responded the only one who can save the franchise is ito.. which is true considered what mechanics was made up and implemented by the man.

good choice.

&

kojima fake interview re: phantom pain. pretty amusing.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• volta
          • May 2009

there is some sort of renewed trademark for eternal darkness 2 out there. the first one is so wonderfully lovecraftian.. hopefully this means the sequel is resurrected.. SK suing epic was beyond stupid.

probably the best chapter for me. dark monastery basement's while subtaneously seeing anthony's face degrade over time.. effective.
          Last edited by volta; 03-15-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

god fucking dammit at the metal gear solid v presentation and the fox engine in general. insane stuff.

Originally posted by kojima
            Over the past 25 year I have tried to work with the Metal Gear series to introduce more mature themes, but really it hasn't gotten there yet. Compared to movies and books it still has a long way to go. That's precisely what I want to try to tackle with Ground Zeroes. Honestly I'm going to be targeting a lot of taboos, a lot of mature themes that really are quite risky. I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to release the game, and even if I did release the game then maybe it wouldn't sell because it's too much. As a creator I want to take that risk.
            Originally posted by someones theory

- Original GZ trailer suggests that GZ takes place very soon after the end of Peace Walker (Miller talks about Cipher (Zero's operation) having picked up Paz from the Caribbean 'ten days ago', so it can't be more than a couple of weeks). PW was set in 1974, but it's possible the secret ending takes place a few months later so we could be in 1975)

- The man with the scars is running Camp Omega, pretty much a Guantanamo analogue (US prison camp on the southern tip of Cuba). He has Paz, and has also managed to capture Chico, presumably to lure Big Boss out of Mother Base

- BB takes the bait and flies out from Mother Base to rescue Chico and Paz. At the same time, Scarface and his men disguise themselves and their helicopters (removing XOF logos), and fly off to attack Mother Base. Miller mentions that Mother Base is expecting an inspection from a UN team, so I assume this is who Scarface and his men are posing as

- BB infiltrates Camp Omega, in what I'm assuming is the Virtuous Mission/Tanker chapter of MGSV. No idea what happens, but the next time we see him he's battered and bloody, riding away in a helicopter to find Mother Base burning down and exploding. Presumably he gets injured while trying to save his people, and he and Miller are flown to a hospital

- Once at the hospital, Big Boss falls into a coma, and then The Phantom Pain begins. BB's woken up by 'Ishmael' (the safe money's on Ishmael being a figment of BB's imagination), and gets terrorized by nightmarish hallucinations that we're all assuming are caused by a young Psycho Mantis. A nine year coma would put TPP in 1983/84ish, and to put that into Metal Gear perspective Big Boss would be pushing 50, Mantis would be about thirteen, the Snake twins would be elevenish and Ocelot would be about forty

- BB escapes the hospital (this we see in the original Phantom Pain trailer), not before seeing hallucinations of Volgin, a giant fire whale, and possibly himself with devil horns. He's rescued by someone who is almost definitely Ocelot. Red gloves, cowboy boots and spurs, long grey hair, hints of a moustache. I think he's still wearing the red scarf from the Ocelot unit

- The final shot of the trailer seems much later in the time line, after BB has regained his muscle mass, bought a new Triumph and had a Galvez-ish red robot hand fitted. He's grown a stylish forehead horn (which you can actually see hints of under his bandages when he wakes from the coma), and he's been listening to Bowie and named his posse the Diamond Dogs.

I still can't work out who the third person in the ICU is (the one whose perspective we see that scene from, when Miller looks directly at the camera and says "what about him?"), and I have no idea what the horn signifies.
            that hype!!
            Last edited by volta; 03-28-2013, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• Resonkuken
              • Oct 2012

So "the phantom pain" and "ground zeroes" are all the same game? And here i was expecting 2 new Metal gear...

Comment

• volta
                • May 2009

ground zeroes is meant to be a separate prologue and the phantom pain is main game. that said.. none really knows..
                Last edited by volta; 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Muzuen
                  • May 2012

Ubisoft Montreal and Toronto will be collaborating for the upcoming Assassin's Creed IV game. A friend of mine will be part of the team working on it so I can blame him if it sucks Hopefully I can intern there next year *crosses fingers*

Comment

• drizzly
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2012

anyone getting BioShock Infinite?

Comment

• Crowzer
                      • Feb 2011

Yes. The game is clearly overrated. Ok the visual is truly impressive but gameplay is like the previous ones with no new features except the girl who follow you and skylines.
                      If you liked Bioshok 1/2, go for Infinite. The game seems short, I just played for a couple of hours and already half-finished.

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                        Yes. The game is clearly overrated. Ok the visual is truly impressive but gameplay is like the previous ones with no new features except the girl who follow you and skylines.
                        If you liked Bioshok 1/2, go for Infinite. The game seems short, I just played for a couple of hours and already half-finished.
                        hmm idk about that, i found bioshock 1 quiet boring at times, maybe not for me after all

Comment

• Resonkuken
                          • Oct 2012

I´m getting it tomorrow, provided it already arrived here. I didn´t play the first Bioshock games but I saw the review for this one and was captivated.

Comment

• Crowzer
                            • Feb 2011

Finished it in arround 8h.
                            The end is quite hard to understand. Overall, it is a good game but i keep saying Bioshock is really overrated.

Also completed Mass Effect 3. But ME is a pretty game with almost 50h oh gaming. Funny to play it with the same savegame from the first one.

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                              Finished it in arround 8h.
                              The end is quite hard to understand. Overall, it is a good game but i keep saying Bioshock is really overrated.

Also completed Mass Effect 3. But ME is a pretty game with almost 50h oh gaming. Funny to play it with the same savegame from the first one.
                              i agree bioshock is over-rated, but the new one looks really cool.

ME - i tried and couldnt get into it, i guess its dungeon crawlers for me

Comment

• Resonkuken
                                • Oct 2012

I went to buy it but it still hasn´t arrived here. I ended up getting "The walking dead" game (not survival instinct). Hopefully it´s be as good as I´ve heard it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎