Banned
    • Apr 2012

ps4 and no data restrictions > xbox1

Comment

• volta
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Czx View Post
      than building a comparable PC from scratch
      for sure.. and since pc hardware is a lot about brute force, by coding straight to the box it will yield better looking games than a pc equivalent.

but interesting art and styles mean more than graphics.. not many devs seem to have that i think.

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

Speaking about art and style, I just finished Remember Me, a action/adventure game developed by french people.

The game use Unreal Engine and the scene take place in a year 2080 Paris. Technically it is not so advanced (due the age of the Engine) but it's really immersive and quite beautiful.

Comment

• Czx
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by volta View Post
          for sure.. and since pc hardware is a lot about brute force, by coding straight to the box it will yield better looking games than a pc equivalent.
          I'll allow myself to disagree about better looking. At first - most likely yes. After two years - I doubt it.
          That is if we are talking about a PC that would stay the same spec wise for as long as PS4/Xbone will. Then - yes, very much so. And the FPS thing... I prefer always 30 to "some will run at 60-50, some at 15-20". I cannot stand playing at 20.
          And the hassle is incomparable, actually now that I think about it a PC that would be to stay the same spec wise for as long as console does probably wouldn't even live that long. (No hating, just experience)

Btw. it just occoured to me, it's been how many years ago that PS3 was released? 7?
          néant
          Last.FM paranoia
          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
          0 > ∞

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

PS4 have a kind of unified architecture that not the same on computers.

6 years for now, PS3 was released in november 2006. And 6 moths later in Europa. (Such usual...)

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

i went from pc to console gaming and the consoles spec life is more consistent than pc. my friends had to upgrade every 1 - 2 years to have the best graphics and a pc is always much more expensive to upgrade. However, prices for ram and vid cards have come down in recent years.

Comment

• volta
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Czx View Post
                I'll allow myself to disagree about better looking. At first - most likely yes. After two years - I doubt it.
                That is if we are talking about a PC that would stay the same spec wise for as long as PS4/Xbone will. Then - yes, very much so. And the FPS thing... I prefer always 30 to "some will run at 60-50, some at 15-20". I cannot stand playing at 20.
                And the hassle is incomparable, actually now that I think about it a PC that would be to stay the same spec wise for as long as console does probably wouldn't even live that long. (No hating, just experience)

Btw. it just occoured to me, it's been how many years ago that PS3 was released? 7?
                well, what i meant was that the games will be developed and optimized for the ps4 architecture @ x86 8-core cpu, 7850 gpu, 8gb gddr5 etc.. hence they will look something closer to the amd 7990/gtx 680.. which would obiously be more expensive the pc route.

besides, are pc games really that good? there's the elder scrolls series, crysis, far cry, witcher, battlefield etc for gpx showcasing but then what? i can never be convinced that pc offers better diversity than consoles. only graphic whores who game on shit monitors/tv's anyway so what is the point?

though, pc and consoles will be basically intergrated this gen since both the xbone and ps4 are off-shelf pc without the exotic engineering, just some modifications. that means easy porting by developing mainly pc in mind. especially with the budgets of today.

ico/shadow of the collossus hd > crysis 3 on ultra, both artistically and graphically.
                Last edited by volta; 06-15-2013, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• Czx
                  • Feb 2011

Ah ok, I simply misunderstood you then ;)

Agreed on every front anyway. Most of the PC games I care about are also avaiable for consoles and they are the ones I meant. Of course there are some great RTS's and RPGS but those aren't very demanding on the specs. Consoles definitely win on the front of exclusives, no doubt there.

Ah yes, Ico and SoTC

On the topic of integration, does anyone else also really likes the concept of integrating tablet apps as an addittion to bigger games? I'm really happy to see it happening. Shown uses so far were really great imo.
                  néant
                  Last.FM paranoia
                  Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                  0 > ∞

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by volta View Post
                    Oh thanks. One of my friends ask me yesterday that if the PS4 has a good hardware but I wasn't able to say precisely what.

I essentially played on computer because of MMO games.

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                      Oh thanks. One of my friends ask me yesterday that if the PS4 has a good hardware but I wasn't able to say precisely what.

I essentially played on computer because of MMO games.
                      the gpu in ps4 is 1.84 terraflops compared to the xbox one's at 1.2. plus it's looking very likely that microsoft will have to downgrade the gpu even further to 0.9 gflops because of engineering mistakes. that means double the graphical resources for ps4.

there's also a big rumor that microsoft are using the newest gtx graphic cards (proven fact) to showcase their new games and that they will look considerably worse once the system is out.

haven't really checked any footage of the xbox one games yet so i can't comment on that.. but there is no reason for them to even use nvidia tech in the development kits at e3 when the final product will use amd tech.
                      Last edited by volta; 06-15-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• volta
                        • May 2009

you all know about microsoft and these cloud server/secret sauce feature they have been boasting (read: lying) about that they say can render you graphics with UNLIMITED power though the interwebs? turns out they cloud actually is REAL, just look above the pc case with the specs way above the final product.

secret sauce/wizard jizz.

we have found the cloud, ladies and gentlemen. high-end pc's included with every xbox one purchase confirmed.
                        Last edited by volta; 06-15-2013, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

@volta, you are saying msft used higher graphic processors at E3 than what will be in production?

Comment

• volta
                            • May 2009

just a rumor for now, but i believe it since my source even stated this months ago, and now with the recent picture proof above..

it's far from the first thing -- or last -- that microsoft have faked. their kinect demonstration they were so satisfied with how fast it was during the reveal of the xbox one (which feature they also wasted like half the conference for like anyone cares about fucking kinect and changing channel with voice or watching a fucking sports match picture in picture while simultaneously gaming..) was completely faked on stage. the real xbone OS is way slower and not as snappy as they wanted us to believe.

makes it even weirder why they were so proud about it or wasting half a fucking hour on it when it wasn't real.

M$ = bullshit company.

Comment

• volta
                              • May 2009

there's just too much adding up;

- my source from months ago who can be trusted.
                              - the picture above running nvidia with a vastly different architecture and not amd.
                              - the hardware crashing to windows making it very likely to be straight up pc version.
                              - another picture incident where someone snapped pictures behind the locked cabinets with the alleged 'devkits' and microsoft suits turned up and got very hostile, threatening to detain if the pictures not be deleted.
                              - all other fucking lies microsoft been spewing since forever.

but to be fair;

- i expect the OS to be polished until release.
                              - the devs of the game that was run on the pc in the pic above, said they were the one choosing a nvidia graphic card since some sfx only work on that for the moment.
                              - plans changes, who knows if microsoft went on with their plan to make their games seem better than they will on release. but probably.

Comment

• drizzly
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2012

Yea all the msft issues are making me look at a ps4. i have both right now (ps3/xbox) but i noticed over the years that i rarely play the xbox. i played it in 06/07 a lot (oblivion, gow) and in 2008 my friends pitched in an got me a ps3 and i found myself favoring ps3 for most games. there was only the gears of war exclusive that kept me playing an xbox a little. GOW 1 sold me on the xbox but the rest were boring. Things like my favorites (COD, Dark souls) will be cross console so either way i go i'll be fine. Honestly if MSFT thinks the exclusives is where the big bucks are thats not necessarily true. Most of my faves have been cross console i noticed.

I did notice in 09 when i was playing CODMW2 (due to best buy mess up i had 1 for each console) that i was scoring better on the ps4 due to the controller. The xbox controller is a bit awkward for me. Thats one of my issues...

Overall, ps4 is cheaper, has less restrictions and sleeker looking so i am sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎