Clear All
  • Crowzer
    • Feb 2011

The Xbox One turn over.

Comment

• volta
      • May 2009

fakest company ever.
      Last edited by volta; 06-19-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

had a feeling they were doing this to get publicity

Comment

• Czx
          • Feb 2011

That's pretty silly of a major company to do something like that. They Had to tho.

Still, PS4 is 100$/€ cheaper nad offers stronger hardware. I'm sold.
          néant
          Last.FM paranoia
          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
          0 > ∞

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

If Microsoft haven't changed their policies concerning the DRM. It would be a commercial suicide.

They said that they hear players. Hahaha.

Still, PS4 is 100$/€ cheaper nad offers stronger hardware. I'm sold.
            100$ for the Kinect, they sould create a package with no one and 100$ cheaper.

Comment

• volta
              • May 2009

satan's theme.

need a guitar arrange.. and is btw, proof that the genesis sound chip is more rocking than the symphonic snes.

and motherfucking takeshi "omen" yoshida;

- evil destroyer
              - simmer down
              - sea of flames
              - attack sharply
              - stranger
              - strike out
              Last edited by volta; 06-20-2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• volta
                • May 2009

come on, peeps.. not many days left now and this needs to get made!

Comment

• Czx
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                  If Microsoft haven't changed their policies concerning the DRM. It would be a commercial suicide.

They said that they hear players. Hahaha.

100$ for the Kinect, they sould create a package with no one and 100$ cheaper.

I don't think that many dedicated gamers care for Kinect. And 500$ is steep for a family console/media center.
                  néant
                  Last.FM paranoia
                  Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                  0 > ∞

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

They Bleed Pixels is a Lovecraftian, lo-fi precision platformer. Seriously badass, just finished it a week ago.

Originally posted by philip nod
                    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                      • May 2013

So, what's the SZ verdict on The Last of Us? I love how between this and Bioshock Infinite, it seems games are finally starting to understand the value of having story. It's going to be hard to go back to games where the plot is basically an excuse to mindlessly shoot through linear corridors.

Comment

• volta
                        • May 2009

incoherent rambling..

Originally posted by Illithid Dude View Post
                        So, what's the SZ verdict on The Last of Us? I love how between this and Bioshock Infinite, it seems games are finally starting to understand the value of having story. It's going to be hard to go back to games where the plot is basically an excuse to mindlessly shoot through linear corridors.
                        enjoyed it, but it's not the first of it's kind like the internet raves about with overly amazing writing or narrative or story oooor... it also reeks strongly of ludonarrative dissonance in the sense that it's supposed to be about survival yet there's an abundance of ammo and health and especially checkpoints even in the mid of enemy encounters, that was dissapointing.

basically i don't find the writing or story its strong point, because honestly what was so unique and special about these two aspects? rather, the attention to detail in making the world feel alive, and the very diverse design of the environments - specifically making most rooms and buildings stand out on their own instead of seeming like a lazy copy paste. they had personality.. an identity. it was very well done. even though this lends to storytelling through imagery, i see it more as variety through environmental design, as in most of it was not at all crucial to the tale (many would disagree). it's not at all trying to provide another point than; these people once had their own lives and values, and now is all gone, what's left is a world in despair filled to the brim with destruction. this fact is already clear to the player. but then there are those few parts like the sewer tales about ish and the children, and later how there's a note one can find where it details their history, which all connects to the present and/or aftermath and at the same time quite an important part as it goes effectively out of it's way to detail more than the expected at that moment in time.

the part that stood out for me narratively and emotionally was the winter chapter, the end in particular where ellie is very upset after the long ordeal and tells joel not to fucking touch her and goes "he tried to...!". that point is the build up and climax of their relationship and a very powerful moment, obviously that was the point, but the devs did it so effortlessly they deserve praise. it was the point where ellie matured, and with her - the story and writing*. though most of the rest i fail to see what they call "the citizen kane of gaming". not that citizen kane is anything special.. but THAT is the internet for you where the "classics" and fedoras are all the rage now.

edit: i liked the ending too.. it's ironically almost the antithesis of story.. yet far from it.

*one could argue if this part of narrative is essentially dependent, carried and evolved only by thanks to the previous 2/3 pacing and storytelling. fuggit.. maybe the critics are right..
                        Last edited by volta; 06-25-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by volta View Post
                          it also reeks strongly of ludonarrative dissonance in the sense that it's supposed to be about survival yet there's an abundance of ammo and health and especially checkpoints even in the mid of enemy encounters, that was dissapointing.
                          Speaking of which, my favorite part of the game was during the Winter section, with the 'Everything Happens for a Reason' speech. The fact that they directly addressed in such a way how Ellie and Joel were murdering dozens upon dozens of people actually made my mouth drop. I don't think any game has ever done something like that.

Comment

• antabaka
                            • Mar 2013

do any of you guys have steam?

i'd like some more pc gaming buddies
                            my irl ones play games that i suck at

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

Yes I use Steam since the beta. It's pretty useful for games.
                              My ID : Crowzer.

Comment

• volta
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Illithid Dude View Post
                                Speaking of which, my favorite part of the game was during the Winter section, with the 'Everything Happens for a Reason' speech. The fact that they directly addressed in such a way how Ellie and Joel were murdering dozens upon dozens of people actually made my mouth drop. I don't think any game has ever done something like that.
                                it has been done, actually. moon for the playstation 1 is a parody of jrpg tropes and it details how the hero goes around slaying anyone and everything, innocent or otherwise. there's some other games that've done it too, but perhaps not to the the exact same degree.

it does seem that many prefer the winter chapter. i guess it is because of the superior atmospheric cold and desolate and playing as ellie/a female, even if they can't pinpoint exactly why they like it. maybe subconciously ;)

gamers and publishers alike think we're all full of misogyny not wanting any females in gaming.. weird.
                                Last edited by volta; 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎