X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Purity
    • Apr 2007

Re: Videogames

Damn. My malfunctioning xbox cd drive scratched my brand new GTA game until it was no longer playable. I get the xbox repaired (recieved a new one five days after sending it for repair) But no one is willing to replace the game. Motherfucker. 100 dollars+ down the drain.

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

[quote user="Stack"]

i read somewhere, can't recall where, but some cut-scenes are up to 90 minutes in length. madness!</p>

[/quote]</p>

"two in particular coming perilously close to the 90-minute mark" - EDGE magazine</p>

I really hope that the store I ordered the Limited Edition comes through for me. apparently they had to order it in from another store and over their 30+ stores across the state they only received 60 copies. some copies have already been bid up to $400+ on eBay AU [:O]
      </p>

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

My Metal gear solid 4 Japanese special edition was shipped yesterday from Play-asia, that's 2 days before the offcial release.</p>

</p>

edit- VVV I do understand some Japanese and I get through the menus without any problems, I'v been importing games from Japan from a long time ago (sega genesis / saturn). Mmmmh not sure about the voice acting, Snake's voice has always sounded very young in the US versions of the game, so the character being old now, I think the voice will be a little off, but I'm not sure of this. </p>

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

I'll probably order the HK Special Edition english release from play-asia if my pre-order of the limited edition copy falls through. I think all of the special/limited edition releases come with the making of blu-ray and soundtrack cd, although the UK and AU releases are the only ones to come with the figurine (don't really care about the figurine, mainly want the Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 DVD that you receive for pre-ordering).</p>

didn't know you understood Japanese Diego, I do prefer the english voice acting cast for the Metal Gear Solid series though.</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

should i get metal gear solid? i'm not even close to done with GTA4. i only remember that one part in MGS on the ps2 where you had to change the controller into the 2nd port when fighting a boss. that was dope.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

You HAVE to buy it Joey.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

definitely buy it. I haven't touched GTA4 since the week it was released, however I did find time to play through MGS3 over the weekend to prepare for 4 [74]

Comment

• Stack
                  • Jan 2008

[quote user="dji"]definitely buy it. I haven't touched GTA4 since the week it was released, however I did find time to play through MGS3 over the weekend to prepare for 4 [74]
                  [/quote]</p>

</p>

i played gta4 for a few weeks after i bought it, but don't touch it much now. some of the missions are great, the bank job, prison break to name a couple, but it does wear a bit thin having the usual "go-here-kill-this-guy-lose-your-wanted-level" routine to do for each person over and over. </p>

</p>

mario kart wii online keeps me occupied enough! </p>

</p>

but i am determind to finish gta4 before i pick up mgs4, need to get my money's worth out of it and all. besides, niko needs to find real love!</p>
                  once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

yeah, I kinda lost interest in this GTA just like I did with the others... I will come back and finish at some point, but probably not for a couple of months at least.</p>

bad news for importing MGS4, according to gamer Metal Gear Online is region locked. fingers crossed that my store comes through with my LE copy, they said it will take a couple of days because they had to get it in from another store...
                    </p>

Comment

• Diego
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="dji"]

bad news for importing MGS4, according to gamer Metal Gear Online is region locked.
                      </p>

[/quote]</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 4px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 4px; ">Taken from the gamer link above:</span></p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 4px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 4px; ">"Although both Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Online will load up as normal (as you?d expect from a PS3 game), anyone looking to play MGO online will find themselves restricted to playing against gamers from the native region of their copy.</span> "</p>

But no need to import mgs4, it will be released worldwide tomorrow</p>

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

yeah, thats what I meant, you can only play against people from either Japan or Asia if you import from those regions.</p>

damn I hope my order arrives soon, the game is already available here because of the time difference.</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

is the multiplayer online gaming a one for all type of shooter?
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]is the multiplayer online gaming a one for all type of shooter?
                            [/quote]</p>

there were a few game types in the beta:</p>

- free for all deathmatch</p>

- team deathmatch</p>

- capture the flag</p>

- sneaking mission</p>

sneaking mission is basically team deathmatch except 2 randomly selected players get to play as Solid Snake and Metal Gear MKII. it was a hell of a lot of fun playing as MKII as you are basically invisible the whole time and you can just roll up to people and electrocute them [86]</p>

there are probably some additional game types in the final release.</p>

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

</p>

stoked [73]</p>

Comment

• Stack
                                • Jan 2008

what's on the blu-ray? making of, interviews etc?
                                once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎