X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: Jeremy Scott

The problem is, talk all you want, I'm not going to just "take your word for it" without some pictures. It would be like me telling you that "The Painter of Light" is the greatest thing to ever happen because he's been doing it for x number of years and he's really nice and he's an incredible painter and it's like a religious experience. It might pique my interest, but I think we can all agree that he is by no means a painter of any merit whatsoever.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Tafkap
      • Oct 2006

long live Jeremy Scott

Comment

• rach2jlc
        • Sep 2006

You're missing the point.You keep talking generally about Jeremy Scott the MAN and we're talking about particulars related tohis CLOTHES.

I don't care how nice he is. I don't care that you know him.I don't care how many conversations you've had with him or what kind of shampoo he uses or how good he is in the sack.Most of us heredon'ttoady or fawn over celebrity,so how on earth would this impact how people on a FORUM feel about his clothes? I've heard Jil Sander is an absolute bitch in person but I still am willing tobuy clothesfrom her because she makes nice stuff out of nice materials that are flattering to my body.

I'm VERY interested in seeing the images ofhis work because I'm ALWAYS willing to change my opinions about a designer (as I did with MJ, as I've done with many others), but regardless, the bulk of your post is essentially worthless name dropping and combative ranting.

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

We're not judging him based on ignorance (which is probably impossible, strictly speaking, when you think about it), we're judging him based on what we have in fact seen. Now it's a different point, and one that most have acknoledged, to say that we're judging on an incomplete picture. So it's over to you on that one. In any case, even if his earlier work were better, I think it's still valid to judge him on what he choses to produce now. Which is undeniably shit, although it's put me in the mood for a hamburger.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]We're not judging him based on ignorance (which is probably impossible, strictly speaking, when you think about it), we're judging him based on what we have in fact seen. Now it's a different point, and one that most have acknoledged, to say that we're judging on an incomplete picture. So it's over to you on that one. In any case, even if his earlier work were better, I think it's still valid to judge him on what he choses to produce now. Which is undeniably shit, although it's put me in the mood for a hamburger. [/quote]

I concur. Except the hamburger... well, unless it's a turkey burger. Tafkap, I definitely would like to see what he's done before, but that's not what he's been doing lately, and that's what I judge him for. I judge him as a fashion designer, not as a person.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

Here's his website, which seems to have his last 5 or 6 seasons of work.

http://www.jeremyscott.com/main.html

I haven't been able to find anything older than that in my three or four minutes of searching.

Comment

• Tafkap
                • Oct 2006

Jeremy Scott is all around you.

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

"The point is, I have DESIGNED some pieces in these collections."

Eureka!Your, shall we say, commitment to the cause becomes a little more explicable. Did you do the hamburger jumper?!

LMFAO at you man.....

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

Calm down, Tafkap, my man, we can work through this.

I just posted his website, so now people can judge it based on five or six seasons. Why don't you post up the photos here and then just take them down after a couple of days?

I sent you a request from my now-stagnating myspace account because, yes, I am interested in having my mind changed if that's possible. I don't have any bias against the man, but I need more information to go on before I can do that.

Comment

• nambla
                      • Sep 2006

I'm having a really hard time trying to take fashion unseriously like these kind of brands are doing.In some matter I would like to. Me, being a designer, this is something that could open alot of different angles when it comes to designing. I consider myself a bit conservative. If I could chose for myself I would make everything in just plain black. This however is not a possibilty. Maybe I should force myself trying to let go all the seriousness and let these kind of styles influence me.

Seeing Jeremy Scott

I think not

There are in even an objective point of view lines, where playing with fashion in a childish way like this just to get attention gets out of hand.

Comment

• rach2jlc
                        • Sep 2006

So, Tafkap, you are editing out all of your posts now? That's very mature.

Something is fishy here anyway. If you are such a Jeremy Scott expert and worked for him/know him/are on his Xmas card list, wouldn't you KNOW where they sell it in LA (as per your original post)? Or at least have a contact in the company who could tell you better than us????

I'm wondering ifyou either posted the original question in order to troll up a debate or ifyou work for Jeremy Scott (maybe you ARE Jeremy Scott, lol)? Over on Basenotes, for example, there is this really tooly Creed employee who keeps trolling Creed propaganda and acting like he's just "a fan of the brand." Otherwise, I don't get why'd you get so uptight about us saying that what we've seen of his work stinks. Geesh, you'd think we were talking about your grandmother or something.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

damn. i missed the ranting now all i get is stupid one line posts. "jeremy scott is all around you". how exciting.

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

I honestly wish that he had shown whatever his work was that was supposed to really impress us.

You kind of have to wonder whether it really is impressive enough to warrant this kind of defense. Still waiting for his myspace invite.

Comment

• kucejoe
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="rach2jlc"]

Something is fishy here anyway. If you are such a Jeremy Scott expert and worked for him/know him/are on his Xmas card list, wouldn't you KNOW where they sell it in LA (as per your original post)? Or at least have a contact in the company who could tell you better than us???

[/quote]

^ Word.I was wondering the same thing.

Evidently, Jeremy Scott is an omnipresent entity.

Seriously, why remove the post and not lets say...actually show those previous collections (YSL-like as you say) you were talking about instead instead of putting up one liners and leaving in a huff. I will say that the fast food collection actually brought a smile to my face for all that it is worth, but I am just as entitled to think a design rocks or sucks as you are. Anyways, I sort of wanted to see some of the earlier work you described because it would be interesting to see how (and maybe why...if you are bestest buddies with the designer) he evolved.

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• kucejoe
                                • Sep 2006

I managed to find pictures of his earlier collections. I must admit that some of the outfits, while not good, are not all that horrid. However, much of the passable stuff is far outshined by the loads of tackiness. My personal favorite is the montage in the Spring 04 collection that can be best described as "cheap schoolroom slut"

Enjoy:

http://www.nordstrom.firstview.com/a...remyScott.html

Oh, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but after repeated viewing I kind of, sort of..............actually like that french fry dress posted earlier. There is something wrong with me, I'm going to go look at some Chalayan or something.

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎