Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: Fashion Vomit (aka Celebrity Designers)

[quote user="djrajio"]

Most of the niche Japanese labels (Julius, The Virdi-Anne, etc.) use Riri zippers. It's usually a good indication is the label is full of shit or decently priced is you check the zippers considering the high mark-up here.I remember checking our Dior one day andnoticed that all their zip-up boots had YKK zippers. Mind you these were 800+ dollarretail boots....

[/quote]

Lampo and Riri are pretty cool but as you've probably seen, lots of designers just rebrand the zippers with their own logo/design so you're often left wondering what you have.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: Fashion Vomit (aka Celebrity Designers)

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="djrajio"]

Most of the niche Japanese labels (Julius, The Virdi-Anne, etc.) use Riri zippers. It's usually a good indication is the label is full of shit or decently priced is you check the zippers considering the high mark-up here.I remember checking our Dior one day andnoticed that all their zip-up boots had YKK zippers. Mind you these were 800+ dollarretail boots....

[/quote]

Lampo and Riri are pretty cool but as you've probably seen, lots of designers just rebrand the zippers with their own logo/design so you're often left wondering what you have.

[/quote]

They key is to look at the back of the zipper. It will often say the name of the designer on the front, and the name of the manufacturer in the back.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎