• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

McQ by Alexander McQueen FW06

Not that I would buy any of this now that I witnessed the Nazi ad, but I thought I'd share the pictures anyway.

Mens:

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: McQ by Alexander McQueen FW06

Mens II

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Womens

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

The one thing I hate about these diffusion labels (esp Raf and MQ) is the outer labeling on the clothing. I took a trip to NYC yesterday and dropped by Barney's to see what was going to be on sale. While browsing the Co-op I noticed that most of the Raf by Raf Simons were labeled on the arm or chest. A few of the McQueen pieces were as well. Why do they have to ruin potentially nice pieces with logos? [:(]

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]The one thing I hate about these diffusion labels (esp Raf and MQ) is the outer labeling on the clothing. I took a trip to NYC yesterday and dropped by Barney's to see what was going to be on sale. While browsing the Co-op I noticed that most of the Raf by Raf Simons were labeled on the arm or chest. A few of the McQueen pieces were as well. Why do they have to ruin potentially nice pieces with logos? [:(]
          [/quote]

Well, they think that branding an item of clothing is what the customer wants from these diffusion labels, and I would venture to say is that this claim is supported by market research.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

You're right, of course.. I was just venting a bit. It's the the same effect as the D&G customer who can't afford the main line. I hope McQueen and Raf's diffusion lines provide them with more money for their main collections. I can only imagine that they run a tight budget every season.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]You're right, of course.. I was just venting a bit. It's the the same effect as the D&G customer who can't afford the main line. I hope McQueen and Raf's diffusion lines provide them with more money for their main collections. I can only imagine that they run a tight budget every season.
              [/quote]

I've always wondered if McQueen is trying to sabotage the Gucci suits with producing this incredible, almost-couture like ready to wear stuff that is often really expensive. I have seen $13k embroidered mens shearling coats that are absolutely gorgeous and absolutely unwearable. Of course they are only stocked at the boutique, because no sane department store buyer would purchase them. As for Raf's diffusion line, it's really crap - the quality is terrible, and the whole teenage angst thing is done. No more angst these days, it's all about indie-rock hipster glamour - see Dior Homme for reference (that was my turn to vent [;)] ).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

mm, all the McQ stuff is very blah.

The only moderately interesting piece is the black painted womens striped long sleeved shirt.

In line with the whole branding thing... I wish Galliano didn't brand all of his stuff. He ruins relatively cool designed shirts and even the jeans by throwing his name on there!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• implicit
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

I've always wondered if McQueen is trying to sabotage the Gucci suits with producing this incredible, almost-couture like ready to wear stuff that is often really expensive. I have seen $13k embroidered mens shearling coats that are absolutely gorgeous and absolutely unwearable. Of course they are only stocked at the boutique, because no sane department store buyer would purchase them.

[/quote]

i really think that he just doesn't give a fuck. which is kind of admirable. but, really, i think your point is worth considering. i mean, i wouldn't put it past him to do just that.

Comment

• minomni
                    • Oct 2006

what is the price range of the mcQ line? i find most of this aggressively ugly. the wash on that particular piece of denim is especially atrocious in that abercrombiesque way.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

Does McQueen even design the diffusion line?
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Does McQueen even design the diffusion line?[/quote]

Probably not. Minomni, I'm not sure about the prices, never bothered to check, but it's probably in line with D&G and such.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• minomni
                          • Oct 2006

i don't mean to jump on this - but it's so terrible. the construction/materials looks to be on par with mall chain brands and the designs are equally thoughtless. i like mcqueen's work to some degree and this seems substandard even for a diffusion label. i wouldn't doubt it's based on market research - hell, there are active examples of why bullshit like this can quickly turn profits all around me. unfortunately it's especially prominent around these parts, where the definition of 'designer' is so skewed and based only on empty attachments to names. alright, that's enough.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I'm not feeling most of the stuff posted here but I was looking through some pieces at Liberty and there were some nice things, a couple of clean looking sweaters and I also liked one pair of black denim they had. pretty subtleand a nice fit.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎