X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Albert, you really need to get a copy of SZ volume 4. Everything is explained there. Aitor and I really went deep into his design process.

Also, you need to see the Mongolia coat IRL. THAT will blow your mind.
    I need issue 4! Yes, the Mongolian Riders coat is seeeeeerious. One if my favourite pieces from the range that was shown.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• sagill1119
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
      Just to be clear, the 'paratrooper' jacket they are referring to here is called the 'Veil' Jacket and is part of the concept narrative collection 'Under the effects of Ethnic Stereotypes' (along with the Stockwell denim jacket, skull racksack & Stockwell jeans).

The Veil Jacket is pictured here over the Stockwell Denim jacket and fully attaches itself to it with an elastic hook type system. The Stockwell Denim acts as the base layer (although the Veil can be worn independently). The 'Veil' interior pockets shown in the Stockwell Denim interior photos also attach and are sold separately.

The new skull bag will be produced in a new fabric (not this one pictured, this is the old style). The price increase is due to necessary cost increases in producing the skulls bags. The initial skull bags ended up being a loss for Aitor, in efforts to keep the cost down.

I can assure you that these prices are not inflated in the slightest and Aitor's team has worked hard to keep the costs as low as possible.

That said, I am very excited for this to arrive in-store
      Thanks, looking forward to see the new fabric skull bag.

Comment

• Macro
        • Apr 2008

yes, from what i've handled I understand each narrative theme as modular, a physical manifestation of thematic elements. it's at once clever and silly. I gotta hand it to the guy, he gave himself enough time to construct a rhetoric that sells better than the clothes will. I think that in of itself will be his great accomplishment.

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
        Just to be clear, the 'paratrooper' jacket they are referring to here is called the 'Veil' Jacket and is part of the concept narrative collection 'Under the effects of Ethnic Stereotypes' (along with the Stockwell denim jacket, skull racksack & Stockwell jeans).

The Veil Jacket is pictured here over the Stockwell Denim jacket and fully attaches itself to it with an elastic hook type system. The Stockwell Denim acts as the base layer (although the Veil can be worn independently). The 'Veil' interior pockets shown in the Stockwell Denim interior photos also attach and are sold separately.

The new skull bag will be produced in a new fabric (not this one pictured, this is the old style). The price increase is due to necessary cost increases in producing the skulls bags. The initial skull bags ended up being a loss for Aitor, in efforts to keep the cost down.

I can assure you that these prices are not inflated in the slightest and Aitor's team has worked hard to keep the costs as low as possible.

That said, I am very excited for this to arrive in-store
        every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• SuE
          • Jan 2013

HLorenzo has a preview of the collection including some items not carried by railso. Lots more accessories are being shown off too, the new skull bag looks phenomenal.
          One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• twmllr
            • Sep 2013

^
            thanks a lot sue, have been dying to see this

Comment

• ambrosian
              • Dec 2012

I think I just ruined the hat for myself... Can't stop imagining it as a duck bill now.

street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• SuE
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
                I think I just ruined the hat for myself... Can't stop imagining it as a duck bill now.
                You could always wear the hat with mask down

A traditional duck bill typically has a slightly upturned peak

The masked hat has a longer and sharper silhouette.

Comment

• diorowen
                  • Aug 2010

I think the hat looks fine. similar silhouette as duck bill doesnt stop me from liking it either. haha.

@sue,
                  the runway photo is not from FW right?
                  there is 2 iteration of the hat. one with full mask, and another one with half mask.
                  as far as I know, the half mask one is for FW, and full mask one is from SS?
                  just curious, since the photo ambrosian post from Railso looks like the one with full mask, compared to the one posted in H/lorenzo which looks like half mask.
                  still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• SuE
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
                    @sue,
                    the runway photo is not from FW right?
                    there is 2 iteration of the hat. one with full mask, and another one with half mask.
                    as far as I know, the half mask one is for FW, and full mask one is from SS?
                    just curious, since the photo ambrosian post from Railso looks like the one with full mask, compared to the one posted in H/lorenzo which looks like half mask.
                    The runway photo is ancient, from 06/07. The other photo is more recent, from the London Fashion week earlier this year. You can see more here. Ha, didn't spot the difference between railso and hlorenzo pics. I just assumed the photo angle hlorenzo used was deceiving.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• palgrave
                        • Jul 2013

Awesome jacket Faust. But the price at >$7000 is just as awesome, unfortunately!

Comment

• SuE
                          • Jan 2013

Atelier first up with fit pics.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

The pants!!!!

The jacket, shirt and pants would be quite the trifecta... its nice to use the zoom function on the A website to get an even closer look at some of the aspects of the construction and details. Really blows my mind especially on the pants. Are those magnetic closures for the flaps?
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

they are all incredible pieces. no doubt. but of these 3 i can't really see myself wearing any of them. a little too hi-tech for me i think...
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

It's definitely a ways away from my standard "old man" look with a blazer, pants and black shirt but I think the Aitor pants could be integrated easily into a more casual look with a solid tee/jumper and even some sneakers.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎