Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delirium
    • Sep 2008

yes very interesting zamb, merz. i definitely agree - you've hit the nail. it's not overdesigning but rather lack of synergy between anatomical design / anatomy.

in aitor's case, it doesn't help that his process isn't necessarily based off of "human" anatomy but rather these characters they make, so it is inherently conceptual. his designs do seem to try to be a bit adjustable but not enough i guess.

i think some of the most compelling design is ones that fit to adjust like you said, zamb.

must be extremely hard to do such intricate anatomical MTM though...

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

i think those trousers look so complicated and effortful (is that even a word?)... they remind me of vivienne westwood sh*t

beyond that, as far as the price is concerned, id rather go to morocco for a week.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• timberlakeld
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
        i think those trousers look so complicated and effortful (is that even a word?)... they remind me of vivienne westwood sh*t

beyond that, as far as the price is concerned, id rather go to morocco for a week.
        you know shit about arts, why dont you just go to other forum, something like style forum, and stop spaming here?

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

meh, don't hate on styleforum needlessly. just a different place, plenty of smart and interesting people on there. Like me. :)

maybe he chose words poorly, but a vacation over pants that most people simply cannot wear doesn't seem so unreasonable.

Comment

• timberlakeld
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            meh, don't hate on styleforum needlessly. just a different place, plenty of smart and interesting people on there. Like me. :)

maybe he chose words poorly, but a vacation over pants that most people simply cannot wear doesn't seem so unreasonable.

yep, I agree. Im just saying Sz seems not the right place for him, topics in styleforum seems to be more realistic for him. No discrimination to Styleforum.

And he is so ignorant to compare Aitor with VW

Comment

• Yan
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
              ^VW deserves some respect...many won't exist without her. I bet Aitor T wouldn't be ashamed of that comparison...
              Seconded. Whilst I personally would not choose to wear the majority of her pieces, there is no denying that she has built a very successful brand, whilst maintaining the aura of rebelliousness. People I know who have met her says she,s really cool and grounded.

Comment

• timberlakeld
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Yan View Post
                Seconded. Whilst I personally would not choose to wear the majority of her pieces, there is no denying that she has built a very successful brand, whilst maintaining the aura of rebelliousness. People I know who have met her says she,s really cool and grounded.
                But they total different things, do u really think the comparison existed?
                Im not denying her success, Or anydisrepectation. Just saying there are total different things.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post

cumbersome. overwrought.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                    ^VW deserves some respect...many won't exist without her. I bet Aitor T wouldn't be ashamed of that comparison...
                    Miss VolksWagen deserves all the respect in the world. She was the first to challenge the convention that fashion is for the bourgeoisie. This cannot be overstated.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

timberlakeld: I think telling people to gtfo over a simple disagreement is a bit of an overreaction.

I agree about what's been said about VW - I used to be a fan of her clothing myself, but not anymore. My point was that those trousers are (in my undoubtedly inexperienced opinion) quite similar in terms of fit to some of VW's trouser designs. But after your seriously offensive comment, it seems so pointless.

edit: Very sorry for turning an otherwise enjoyable thread into a personal argument.
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• move_ment
                        • Feb 2009

AITOR THROUP ANNOUNCES FIRST COMPLETE PRODUCT LINE PRESENTATION IN JUNE 2011:

Aitor Throup's 'New Object Research' continues with the follow-up to the 'Prelude' trousers capsule.

The 'POLYPHONIC' collection will consist of a more complete product overview, offering access to a wider range of Throup's unique design archetypes, most of which have never been previously available for purchase.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Hmmm, whatever happened to designer just showing awesome clothes?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

i wonder sometimes how i've managed to get by till now, you know, without having had previous access to these design archetypes

Comment

• ink
                              • Sep 2010

So he is not going to show in the coming Jan?

Originally posted by Eternal

But really, that is just the kind of words they teach people to use because it somehow is supposed to add value to the end product so the price is justified. Pretentious might some say, I tend to agree at least when it is your first menswear collection. I give him the benefit of my doubt though, as I will probably like what he comes up with.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

Come on gents, we all love a bit of "fluff" talk to bolster a new collection. Every designer we mention here does it.

Im really looking forward to what may come in the future. After having a brief talk with him a few weeks ago, the future seems very exciting.
                                In terms of his pricing, i think it is on par with the amount of work and workmanship that goes into his pieces, as well as to the 1mm precision of his cutting. The guy is a technical manic. Even more so than the beloved xxx.
                                I think that each year there shall be a development of concepts past, similar to what he done with the trouser project. Perfecting his product.
                                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎