X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ink View Post
    So he is not going to show in the coming Jan?
    No just in June, and then it shall be silence from Camp Aitor untill the next concept/collection
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

btw, my si/at down coat is poly filled and about as warm as a windbreaker. glad i didn't pay retail

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
        Come on gents, we all love a bit of "fluff" talk to bolster a new collection. Every designer we mention here does it.

Im really looking forward to what may come in the future. After having a brief talk with him a few weeks ago, the future seems very exciting.
        In terms of his pricing, i think it is on par with the amount of work and workmanship that goes into his pieces, as well as to the 1mm precision of his cutting. The guy is a technical manic. Even more so than the beloved xxx.
        I think that each year there shall be a development of concepts past, similar to what he done with the trouser project. Perfecting his product.
        I hereby anoint him XXXJr.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

exactly. i know si is probably to blame but he interpreted the down coat as a coat that's neither down nor warm

Comment

• SVRulez
            • Feb 2009

Went to Ra in Antwerp yesterday to check out Aitor's pants. Someone was doing a photo shoot of the display. Sorry to say I just don't see the appeal. The anatomical aspect doesn't work as for example with Devoa. And the pricing... € 1200 for a pair of trousers is just insane. There are plenty of young designers with fresh ideas that don't charge these kind of prices. Of course he can ask whatever he likes but I really wonder who will buy them.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

just wait til he adds shirts to the mix

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

does anyone find this supposed practically functional character of his clothing to be a bit over the top? i mean, his clothes have been described/marketed as state-of-the-art constructions adjusting to body movements and all that, yet I'm sure not a single person would ever buy them for that... i think this approach is very played out and, in my honest opinion, a little insincere.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• SVRulez
                  • Feb 2009

Functional is not the description I would use. He's getting lost in useless detailing. Isn't it the trait of a great designer (or any artist) that he can cut away all that is superfluous and retain the essence ?
                  It's a pity because I thought some of his previous work was actually quite good.
                  There are only so many ways you can cut / construct a garment. It's easy to fall into the trap of adding stuff to the design that shouldn't be there. Unless you're xxx of course .

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

i appreciate his stuff aesthetically but I have almost found most pants to be comfortable and there is plenty of good technical clothing out there so this whole perfection of clothes to perfectly fit the human form seems a little precious at best

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Saw the Umbro Archives remakes by Aitor at Pitti. Unimpressed.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tweeds
                        • Sep 2006

Pictures, pictures!
                        SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

I'm interested in how his pants stand up to actual wear and day-to-day life. When I examine the garments close up, some of the stitches seem pretty delicate. Can anyone who owns a pair comment?

Comment

• seenmy
                            • May 2009

personally i think the construction technique makes them very strong, the man himself is very hard wearing on things and he wears the pants probably 3 times a week at least,I think the worst that has happened is a popped waist button, the stitch count per a cm is a lot more than any traditional stitch making it very strong coupled with the dual layer of fabric, I believe as well as being intersting in technique this construction technique dose function.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tweeds View Post
                              Pictures, pictures!
                              I was not allowed. Top secret shit, apparently.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tweeds
                                • Sep 2006

Boo, hiss, etc.

Dunno why they're all this quiet about it. All I can see on the blogs is one shitty logo, snap, zip, and a somewhat interesting raglan joint. Hungry consumers need to know, or else we'll just go and ogle at Veilance instead.
                                SITE | TWITTER

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎