Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Aitor Throup

this is great. even if it has taken a while it seems like he is successfully realizing his vision rather than churning something out just to cash in on his little bit of hype. a little sportier/streetier than my usual taste, but still, easily one of the most interesting creators out there right now.

and i gotta admit, skull bag is bad ass.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Decent interview on the Oki Ni site.

http://www.oki-ni.com/features/aitor...strations-ss13

worst collages ever..

the new beuys' suit-really artsy and i'll never get to own one.

DSM. Shiva scull-bags will be available for sale from 4th of March. I think there are 2 or 3 DSM Exclusives: pinstripe and Prince of Wales. 4 of each.

Excuse the quality, pic was swiped from A.T FB page.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Quote Originally Posted by ronald_bne View Post
    Aitor preview items up on Railso.

http://www.railso.com/designers/aitor-throup-0
    the price is so crazy.

It seems like prices are justified.

nice to get more photos of the collection. The paratrooper jacket is incredible. I love that fused seam technique that he uses and every single part (that I can see) has been extremely well thought out. Down to the matte finish of the buttons, each garment is complex yet cohesive.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Pretty sure I could carry everything I needed to live for a week in the backcountry in that paratrooper jacket. Now if only I had three thousand eight hundred euro...
    I am not who you think I am

anyone knows the difference between this skull bag and the previous version?

Quote Originally Posted by sagill1119 View Post
    This one seems to be much more expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    nice to get more photos of the collection. The paratrooper jacket is incredible. I love that fused seam technique that he uses and every single part (that I can see) has been extremely well thought out. Down to the matte finish of the buttons, each garment is complex yet cohesive.
    Just to be clear, the 'paratrooper' jacket they are referring to here is called the 'Veil' Jacket and is part of the concept narrative collection 'Under the effects of Ethnic Stereotypes' (along with the Stockwell denim jacket, skull racksack & Stockwell jeans).

The Veil Jacket is pictured here over the Stockwell Denim jacket and fully attaches itself to it with an elastic hook type system. The Stockwell Denim acts as the base layer (although the Veil can be worn independently). The 'Veil' interior pockets shown in the Stockwell Denim interior photos also attach and are sold separately.

Quote Originally Posted by sagill1119 View Post
    The new skull bag will be produced in a new fabric (not this one pictured, this is the old style). The price increase is due to necessary cost increases in producing the skulls bags. The initial skull bags ended up being a loss for Aitor, in efforts to keep the cost down.

I can assure you that these prices are not inflated in the slightest and Aitor's team has worked hard to keep the costs as low as possible.

That said, I am very excited for this to arrive in-store

Albert, you really need to get a copy of SZ volume 4. Everything is explained there. Aitor and I really went deep into his design process.

Also, you need to see the Mongolia coat IRL. THAT will blow your mind.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Albert, you really need to get a copy of SZ volume 4. Everything is explained there. Aitor and I really went deep into his design process.

Also, you need to see the Mongolia coat IRL. THAT will blow your mind.
    I need issue 4! Yes, the Mongolian Riders coat is seeeeeerious. One if my favourite pieces from the range that was shown.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewislasorad View Post
    Just to be clear, the 'paratrooper' jacket they are referring to here is called the 'Veil' Jacket and is part of the concept narrative collection 'Under the effects of Ethnic Stereotypes' (along with the Stockwell denim jacket, skull racksack & Stockwell jeans).

The Veil Jacket is pictured here over the Stockwell Denim jacket and fully attaches itself to it with an elastic hook type system. The Stockwell Denim acts as the base layer (although the Veil can be worn independently). The 'Veil' interior pockets shown in the Stockwell Denim interior photos also attach and are sold separately.

The new skull bag will be produced in a new fabric (not this one pictured, this is the old style). The price increase is due to necessary cost increases in producing the skulls bags. The initial skull bags ended up being a loss for Aitor, in efforts to keep the cost down.

I can assure you that these prices are not inflated in the slightest and Aitor's team has worked hard to keep the costs as low as possible.

Thanks, looking forward to see the new fabric skull bag.

yes, from what i've handled I understand each narrative theme as modular, a physical manifestation of thematic elements. it's at once clever and silly. I gotta hand it to the guy, he gave himself enough time to construct a rhetoric that sells better than the clothes will. I think that in of itself will be his great accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewislasorad View Post

every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

HLorenzo has a preview of the collection including some items not carried by railso. Lots more accessories are being shown off too, the new skull bag looks phenomenal.

^
    thanks a lot sue, have been dying to see this