Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tweeds
    • Sep 2006

Until then, if you want to look badass during your Sunday morning kickabout, Umbro collab is perfect. Not guaranteed to work on balding middle-aged men and beer bellies, however.
    SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Well, I have come to this, indeed.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

Finally...
        http://www.londoncollections.co.uk/m...esignerID=1423
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

he should stop cockteasing and start doing graphic novels

Comment

• Unexist
            • May 2012

He is still alive ? I thought he disappered from fashion )))

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Should be back this season. Watch this space...
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dantebykiko
                  • Aug 2011

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

oh snap. actual garments visible
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dantebykiko
                      • Aug 2011

probably less known concept of all 5 listed above it's the "22 Jul 2005". part of "political fashion" project by showstudio.

http://showstudio.com/project/political_fashion#films

On the effects of ethnical stereotyping:

The black rucksack is perhaps the most politically charged wearable object of current times.
                      Especially when worn by a non-caucasian person.
                      Especially when worn on the tube.

The 'subject' becomes the 'suspect' when his appearance and intentions are misinterpreted.
                      The rucksack only represents terror when looked at the wrong way.
                      Thus when detached from reality, the threat becomes subverted.

Jean Charles de Menezes was shot dead by police at Stockwell tube station on 22 July 2005.

Comment

• Unexist
                        • May 2012

Hope to see some new stuff from him this season.

Also only darklands carrying him ? Or it wiil be more shops?
                        Last edited by Unexist; 06-20-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Unexist View Post
                          Hope to see some new stuff from him this season.
                          please consider if you are saying anything relevant or adding something to the discussion before posting. so far, I don't see a lot of substance.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

BOOM! I really can't wait for some pieces to hit stores. No secret that I'm a huge fan of his work, and I think that this is what is NEXT!
                            For me Aitor is a Proper designer, conceptualist and i don't think you could compare or say his work resembles any designer talked about on here.
                            He is probably one of a few designers who have an underlying political/social narrative in the concept.
                            As people can see just from the image with the skulls. THAT is development, not adding an extra cm on the hem of a jacket every season.
                            Ifind too many designers discussed here say they are constantly developing their products blah blah blah. How much development does a ls top need?
                            Sending out the same product each season...personally I put it down to lack of creativity, under the guise of " evolution/development".

Enough of my non sensical ranting, but basically, Aitor pisses on a lot of designers in the realm of menswear, and I can only compare him in some ways (regarding developing their own sewing techniques/concept etc etc) with CCP.
                            Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 06-21-2012, 08:19 AM.
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Well M,
                              I think there are two ways of looking at this, not Aitor's work per se, which I will certainly find some time to check out during my hectic schedule in Paris, but the whole evolution/ new design approach to clothing.

I think Carol is an interesting case study, in the sense that on the one hand he does some of the same pieces every season along with some radically new ones to go along with them. I have no problem with this as I understand that sometimes is boring doing the same things over and over again. but there is a need to keep things fresh, to broaden ones range, to expands ones technique so i think a good designer strikes an harmonious balance between refining older iterations of things and making new items to go along with that.

I have more to say but I think better to post in another thread as its not necessarily related to Aitor's work
                              Last edited by zamb; 07-08-2012, 10:34 AM.
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                                ... I think that this is what is NEXT!...
                                i thought the same thing when i saw this.
                                Last edited by cjbreed; 06-21-2012, 11:11 AM. Reason: moved
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎