Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivwri
    • Jun 2011

Thanks for posting that interview SHYE POSER. I really liked the way he compared his products to toys. The Spider-man analogy in particular really put into words what I guess I had always picked up from his work by just looking at it. Shows that his branding through construction - and I would probably add through proper packaging of the narratives involved in each collection via illustrations and show titles - can really work for him and really bring in something particularly fresh to fashion if he can keep it up.

Fashion has always had this aspect of costuming to it so I am happy that he has decided to move it away from costume related to just references (whether that is historical, music, sub-cultures, art etc.) and into fully fleshed out fictions which is great.
    Tumblr

Comment

• dantebykiko
      • Aug 2011

AITOR THROUP x DOVER STREET MARKET | October 2012

Following the announcement and preview launch of Aitor Throup's 'New Object Research' product line in June and the release of the first product archetype (The Shiva Skull Bag), the Aitor Throup studio is releasing four further archetypes exclusively through Dover Street Market in London. It is the first time that a complete outfit by Aitor Throup under his own label has been commercially available, and quantities will be strictly limited, with no option to reserve.

The installation will inhabit multiple sections of the store and will also consist of a selection of exclusively made sculptures, which will also be available for sale based on consultation.

This highly anticipated event will open to the public on Friday 12th October during DSM's 'open house' event (5pm-8pm) to coincide with Frieze Art Fair and will remain in situ until Sunday 28th October.

Comment

• seenmy
        • May 2009

product available from this morning I believe with a reception at dsm from 5 ish, the outfit available consists of the following:
        Stockwell Jeans, Stockwell Denim Jacket, Stockwell T-shirt and Skull Rucksack.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

Thanks for that info, S.
          Will have to make my way down earlier, to have a proper gander at the product.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• surver
            • Oct 2007

... yawn...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

That backpack is incredible. It's a serious technical feat and I hope I can afford one some day.

Surfer, you have to see this stuff in person. There is no one close to Aitor in terms of construction now. Nor in terms of realizing concepts into physical objects.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                That backpack is incredible. It's a serious technical feat and I hope I can afford one some day.

Surfer, you have to see this stuff in person. There is no one close to Aitor in terms of construction now. Nor in terms of realizing concepts into physical objects.
                True, meeting the designer IRL helps to get more into the conceptual meaning of its work
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• surver
                  • Oct 2007

take your words for it and look forward to handling/seeing aitor's work in person :)

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Did someone just take those photos from the studio's album and tag their own name on them?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

I think the denim jacket looks really good. Curious to hear about prices as well.
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

bag is £2,055

Comment

• dantebykiko
                          • Aug 2011

single bag takes around 7 days to be made. only 4 are out at the moment.

T-shirt £305. Jacket £1440. Jeans £975. Backpack £2055.

Comment

• Sergey Seven
                            • Sep 2010

And what about small scull bags? I thought they would be available as well. I was waiting for them

Comment

• Ivwri
                              • Jun 2011

The Shiva skull bags will be available next year from a few brick & mortar and online stores -

I.T - Hong Kong
                              Dover Street Market - London/Ginza
                              Rail - Italy
                              Antonioli - Italy
                              Atelier - New York
                              H. Lorenzo - LA
                              Oki Ni - Online
                              L'Eclaireur - Paris

The DSM capsule collection looks cool. Would really love to see some detail shots and someone wearing the clothing although I really like how the denim jacket and the backpack look from these shots already.
                              Tumblr

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Well, that's why it took so long for Aitor to get to the level of being able to make things that his concepts demanded.

I see Carol's concepts as purely technical challenges not rooted in this world. It's not very interesting to me. He is a master tinkerer hermit, but he is not a conceptual designer like Chalayan, for example. I find realization of concepts that can relate to zeitgeist much more interesting.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎