Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Have just left the show...what can I say, the guy is too sick.
    Beautifully presented, amazing garments in terms of technicality and finish. 24 piece collection to be shown in Paris.
    Shoddy iPhone pics up later.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fuck yeah.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• bryantyj
          • Jun 2010

This collection truly brings together all he has done and experience from day 1 till now. I see much of his cp company and exhibition references in this collection. Not to sure about material but I feel that he has been dwelling on this for awhile now.

Comment

• Macro
            • Apr 2008

^^ 6 years = a while.

wow, the absence of novellas next to each garment is refreshing. Looks like the objects are getting air this time. Confidence requires no explanation.

Sign me up for pic #5, just take off that emo skull bag.
            every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

Right on SHYE_POSER, absolutely brilliant. Just saw it a few hours ago - the construction, the detailing, the presentation, the story - everything fits together perfectly, and the amount of work done easily explains the development time.

The finish in particular is something that I personally loved. I was always fascinated with sportswear/high-tech brands' finishes and functional details, as well as with designers that utilise it in their own way (Aitor's earlier experimentation, sportswear brands collaborating with designers (Nike x Undercover, Aitor X CP C), Undercover's SS10 collection, CCP, etc.).

This definitely feels like the future of where things are going construction-wise.

I can't wait to see this collection retailing as I'm anxious to feel the fit on myself.

Truly fantastic work Aitor, well worth the wait!
              Last edited by eat me; 01-08-2013, 09:54 AM. Reason: undercover SS10, not 11. Ah, memory...

Comment

• mortalveneer
                • Jan 2008

Sure wish I could have seen this in person...textiles look quite intriguing. Photos 3-7 are where all the action is for me.

Hi-tech details and finishes on some of the pieces is reminiscent of early Acronym before they went all streetwear/hypebeast focused. Maybe more like where Acronym would be in terms of fabrics/construction if they hadn't stagnated a bit...
                Last edited by mortalveneer; 01-08-2013, 09:31 AM.
                I am not who you think I am

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

looks amazing and clearly stands out as unique. i can't wait to handle the garments. for better or for worse i think that the backpack - if not the entire collection - will be instantly co-opted by the givenchy set.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

finally he gives us something to talk about

Comment

• dantebykiko
                      • Aug 2011

off aitor's fb page. photos neil bedford. both serge and aitor were wearing full outfits. paris will be the best place to see the actual construction of the garments as they will be off the bodies. i had chance to see the collection over the weekend and indeed the wait was worth.

Comment

• Ivwri
                        • Jun 2011

Really impressed with this collection. It is a proper realisation of all the design work that has come before it. Pretty crazy that all those illustrations he has been doing have literally been recreated for people to actually wear and play dress-up in.

Must make sure I snag a pair of the trumpet trousers (at least it looks like what is on the jazz musician?) this time around.
                        Tumblr

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                          Sign me up for pic #5....
                          I am looking forward to seeing how much modularity is built into this collection now as well as into the future.

I believe the pic in 5 is a raincoat layer that toggles into the denim jacket that was previously featured in the DSM sneak peak. I think that he has built the same holes and toggles into multiple pieces in the same locations so perhaps not piece specific...

Otherwise, its nice to see what appear to be the same construction techniques throughout. More than anything, the whole jigsaw puzzle 2D to 3D construction required no further explanation when I handled the DSM pieces...impressive and makes you rethink and reexamine what/how a garment can be. His solution, with the rubber backing on all the edge to edge panelling combined with the dense sort of micro stitching on the seams obviously works but also creates a nice visual effect...you immediately know its his. Streetwear with artisanal finishes and experimental construction.

Also hoping like others that this is a sign of more to wear and less to read. I'd much prefer the product sans artist statement even if it runs the risk of people thinking that the clothing is not rooted in this world (I respectfully disagree re: CCP). But then, I also much prefer music without words.

Anyways, looks good and hoping it will be nearly as exciting to handle in person as it has been for others here.
                          Last edited by doldrums; 01-08-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                            • Oct 2012

What I´d give to see it in person.
                            The details on the coats/jackets really stood out. Construction looks amazing.
                            Are there any online stockists? I remember seeing just a couple of things on darklands.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

AITOR THROUP | NEW OBJECT RESEACH 1

Excuse the oversized c*ntstagram pics. Fat fingers and iPhones don't allow for editing.
                              Either way shoddy pics as promised
                              edit: if any of the mods have time or able to resize the pics, by all means do.

Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 01-09-2013, 06:58 AM.
                              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 01-09-2013, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎