Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

I am trying to be patient, as I really want to believe in this guy.........
    but trust me, I am really losing patience, and a lot of it is gone.
    Every time there is an article or feature about him the story is grand, and the clothes just looks unimpressive.

There are a lot of really talented designers around, doing excellent work, maybe its time to focus our attention on someone else more deserving, as except for the illustrations he does, I see nothing really wonderful or exiting in 80% of the clothes he does.......

Sorry If I sound harsh, I was just really excited about this season for him, and for me its just more of the same............Emperors New Clothes!

this is the only piece that looks interesting, and I am not even sure what it is......
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

The guy who done the interview is a schmock.

Zamb,i agree on the most part. As it states its a retrospective of all various trousers he has designed. I would think that you,as a designer yourself.Who i think had worked designing/creating functional (military-esque?) clothing would fully appreciate the technical ability this guy has!
      As most of us have been waiting for the bugger to release something,even a capsule collection,even another pair of bloody topman trousers.

Why? Because he is probably one of the most interesting and talented young menswear designers of the moment.I feel that Throup has almost the same allure as say CCP.In the sense that people admire his work process.The thought process from concept to product.His method of working is quite unique to him.
      And am sure that when he does release something for retail under his own name it would be a runaway success.
      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Thimister is a real designer, who has his foot firmly planted in reality, everything that's in his collection is wearable and nice.
        Everything I see here, looks stupid to me, as for me, I won't wait on him any longer, let someone else more deserving has his place in my mind.
        I am usually reluctant to say these things because as a designer, there is a certain degree of sensitivity that I have for other designers work, in part because I understand the difficulties involved in the business, but please,
        a retrospective?
        of what?
        he has done nothing to qualify him in doing a retrospective.........Maybe instead of creating fancy mannequins to display the work, he should focus on the work itself.
        Also Yes I did design (and was a patternmaker) for military clothing for 2.5 years, so I can appreciate the technicalities in the work, but the problem is I see no real technicalities here, truth be told its not even anywhere near as advanced as what is happening in current military design.
        And I know its somewhat unfair to him, as a designer to make this comparison, in part because, most R.D. companies doing military design have huge budgets, and he might not, but come on........

GIVE US SOMETHING TO BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE LEGIT............ please

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
        The guy who done the interview is a schmock.

Zamb,i agree on the most part. As it states its a retrospective of all various trousers he has designed. I would think that you,as a designer yourself.Who i think had worked designing/creating functional (military-esque?) clothing would fully appreciate the technical ability this guy has!
        As most of us have been waiting for the bugger to release something,even a capsule collection,even another pair of bloody topman trousers.

Why? Because he is probably one of the most interesting and talented young menswear designers of the moment. And am sure that when he does release something for retail under his own name it would be a runaway success.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• seenmy
          • May 2009

but have you ever held or touched one of the garments ? everything is based on asumption,I wouldnt dismiss until you have felt and examined the finished article as pictures can be deceiving.

the first 3 trousers in the film I believe will be made available for aw10 so the wait is not so long now for those eager to experience the real thing,having examined the final products at the show the detail and construction is painstaking, the method of production on the new trumpet and anatomy trouser is like nothing out there,every individual piece goes through several processes before being fur stitched together on the final garment this even includes the stretch details every panel is double layer so the wool hangs perfectly on the body,even if the style is not for you on a sheer product level they are truly something else.They need to be held and tried on and examined to see the true level of attention to detail and now finally the wait is nearly over.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

Thimister and Throup are incomparable. I see throup as pushing things forward. Where Thimister ,is a good designer but not really pushing boundaries of any kind.
            And he cannot be compared to R.D companies because he is not doing military wear.

Aitors feet are also firmly planted in reality. His concepts stem from VERY REAL incidents. From racial abuse/hooliganism/religion and the N.O disaster.......how much more based in reality do you want do you want the guy to be?
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• desoloSOS
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by nambla View Post
              Yes, it is an alternative way. I like manga very much. The ultra-straight hair with superslim outfits with supersharp shapes. Some of it can be translated into real garments and look really nice and some of it is inspiration.

There are no greater secret behind mydesigns. I just make things that I find interesting and nice at the time and that's what you get.I think draping makes an outfit more living. especially when you walk. I like to think of my design ascertain shape. And also how the things look in motion. think thats a big reason why all the things are mostly black / simple colors. For the spectator to focus at the shapes and not be distracted. My greatest inspiration to do so is music and movies.

i love that you focus on shapes and less on colors. in my opinion, the clothing should have a life of it's own as well as work well together with the wearers physique. too much color or pattern would only take away from this or become a distraction. i really love the way you described your opinion, it is spot on with my own.

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

nice with a four year answer.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

I went sent and saw the Aitor Legs presentation today,during LFW (cheers seenymy)
                  What can i say,i was blown away! A beautiful large white space with all his mannequins suspended from the ceiling.
                  It was like a sea of floating trouser wearing bodies.To see all the trousers,from the new orleans project,when hooligans become hindu gods and other projects in one space,it is an incredibly striking and strong image. You are instantly transported into the designers realm.

Aswell as it being a retrospective of most trousers he has designed over the years,it also showcased the 3 reworked trousers taht will be available for sale in aw10.

The workmanship,details,pattern cutting construction,every damn thing was spot on! He has by all means perfected the 3 designs imo!
                  From hidden zip pockets in the calves,to pockets hidden inside pleats. THE GUY HAS SERIOUS SKILLS.

Zamb if you saw it in person....u would fucking piss your pants!
                  TBH in terms of pattern making and construction,he leaves a lot of the designers we follow here in the shade!

Aswell as havinga really good chat with him,there are some interesting things coming in the future,and he is a proper nice bloke to boot.

Atlast, london has a menswear designer to be very proud of,and i just hope he gets the push he needs instead of all the other non entity london based designers.
                  Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 02-25-2010, 04:07 PM. Reason: because im a tit who makes sillt typos

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Sounds good, Shye. Did you get to take any pix?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
                      • Sep 2009

it's kind of like the stone roses of fashion. when the hell will he produce some work with regularity beyond the occasional piece or collaboration.

Comment

• delirium
                        • Sep 2008

nice shye poser
                        thanks for keeping the hype alive
                        excited for aw10

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by delirium View Post
                          nice shye poser
                          thanks for keeping the hype alive
                          excited for aw20
                          fixed
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ohrstrom
                            • Nov 2008

I had a feeling that it was going to be a really good presentation. The video presentation got me even more interested in his work (http://www.aitorthroup.com/legs.html)
                            Id love to see it irl... Where do you think his work will be for sale Shye?

Talking about the rest of the menswear at LFW, it was quite a let-down so im quite bummed that i missed out on his showroom presentation...

Comment

• merkuri
                              • Sep 2009

lol. because it's a reasonable comparison or because I am a moron? I am open to both or either answer.

maybe more like waiting for axl's next album, which went out with a whimper.

Originally posted by merz
                              megalulz

Comment

• metin
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                fixed
                                I thought I read somewhere that, for sure, some Aitor items were going to start being produced. Or was I just...dreaming.......

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎