• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darklands
    Banned
    • Nov 2008

pricing

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    ^and campbell, I wasn't challenging your pricing for the record, high prices all around are par for the course these days. Damir's pricing might be the most egregious from a quality/cost perspective from what I've seen.
    yes i respect that, i was just commenting to set the record straight. there is no shortage of expensive product out there, but this is very specialized, labour intensive product.

but Aitor set a recommended retail price and we abided by it, as you will see when other shops get their product this week.

he is a quality-driven, conceptual designer and i don't think anybody that has anticipated this product for years, expected that when it finally came out that it would be cheap.

Comment

• kbi
      • Feb 2009

I may not be up to date but what exactly is the functional aspect of the insole sewn into the pants? When is one actually supposed to use it?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ ask Liquid!

As far as images, etc. - i will give another kick to the dead horse; clothes are meant to be experienced in person.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

any other pieces on the horizon?

Comment

• CUTUP
              • Sep 2009

Cosign ^

I am also rather curious to see the pricing structure for items other then the pants ( considering the pants are a small fortune)
              Originally posted by marco-von
              this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Merz, I understand that you like to play the devil's advocate.
                But the prices are not on the level of the deisgners you said, they're on the level of the most expensive of them.
                They're even more expensive than CCP's.
                So, yes, the pricing is surprising, to say the least.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

I think the pricing is fine. Considering the fabric and the amount of work that has gone in to the pieces. I recall some one saying that you pay for the concept....there is a hell of a lot of concept to pair for in these. Its funny how know 1 bats an eyelid with some ccp pricing.
                  The prices are on par, as in the uk they are as follows, £850,£900,£950.

Cant see to selfridges customers splurging on a designer like aitor, although its fairly close to the Stone Island concession, so......
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• timberlakeld
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by merz
                    think of it, if you're pretty much the only place someone can purchase something, with a highly limited production run.. you price it comparable to your top end offerings and, per the prevalent logic of this forum, 'someone will buy it'
                    i think pricing strategy is only partially depends on the factor that "how limited production is your product", you cant just say high pricing is coz of there are only limited number of products out there, and 'someone will buy it', there are range of factors have to be considered for pricing.

Of course, Im not saying Aitor Throup is super high, I think the price is fair. Just saying there are probably some other factors(time consuming, labor, material..blabla..) lead to the high price.

BUT, I still cant understand Balmain's price... - -

Comment

• seenmy
                      • May 2009

did you go and see the display yet?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

Not just yet, sent a mate over to have a gander and let me know as i have been crazy busy. Will pop in on saturday for a closer inspection, and a few sneaky fitting room detail pics.
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Wax
                          • Sep 2009

Concerning the pricing, what you have to consider is that Aitor is new to this, so if his stuff is really inhouse atelier production then he has to pay off for machines and all the costs he has, he wont get the fabrics as cheap as other brands that buy larger lots, everything is basically more expensive because of the small amount, less experience etc etc. Designers like BBS used the same fabric and materials on dozen of different goods, aitor doesnt as of now.

Comment

• delphine
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Wax View Post
                            Concerning the pricing, what you have to consider is that Aitor is new to this, so if his stuff is really inhouse atelier production then he has to pay off for machines and all the costs he has, he wont get the fabrics as cheap as other brands that buy larger lots, everything is basically more expensive because of the small amount, less experience etc etc. Designers like BBS used the same fabric and materials on dozen of different goods, aitor doesnt as of now.
                            are we supposed to consider this with every new designer? oh, their new so it's going to be obscenely expensive (even though there are likely kinks in the quality, sizing, etc.). This is the eternal catch 22 for new designers - the costs are higher for production and yet as a new brand they can't fetch the same prices as established brands. It's good to understand it and consider it, but I'm not sure how many people will buy it at such a high price point for that reason unless they are trying to 'support new designers'.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

^ which leads me back to a well put but nevertheless infuriating argument Hobo made about the reasons for the lack of quality/durability of Rick's pieces due to a very similar situation he is in, just on a couple of levels above Aitor. Where does it stop... well, I guess CCP?
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

Seenmy looks great in them - other 'aitor in the wild' photos, not so much so far. They're so aggressively anatomical (and his work always has been) that it seems that even more so than with some of the CCP pieces with 'anatomical' cuts (jointed elbows etc...) that the physique of the wearer really needs to match up with the pieces perfectly.
                                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎