Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you learn about StyleZeitgeist?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How did you learn about StyleZeitgeist?

Just wanted to know. I know I contacted some of you directly when I was starting the site, but what about others?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Default Re: How did you learn about StyleZeitgeist?

Your blog, fashion critic. [:)]
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

^ same

I was referred here by another member.

Coldrice. I would've seen it through faust's blog had coldrice not mentioned it first.

Saw it from you're blog too, which I found from reading the Dior Homme mega thread on fashion spot. I must say, good job with the forum faust! It's become a really nice little community, I find myself looking forward to the posts here more than anywhere else. I've also come to really respect everyone's opinion here, it's a nice small group and everybody knows there stuff. As opposed to larger forums where you get a lot of random people throwing out unfounded opinions to up their post count.

Through your blog.

My first post, I guess I like reading more than writing.

i learned about it on your blog!

i learned it from a human by the name of "faust" , he had an account on THS....well im pookie from there.

Yup im on the darkside now.

GO you guys GO

[quote user="Chessy Wiz"]

i learned it from a human by the name of "faust" , he had an account on THS....well im pookie from there.

Yup im on the darkside now.

GO you guys GO

[/quote]

Really? I don't know you... and your posts are kind of retarded. I think I'm gonna ban your ass, actually...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I was wondering what the hell SZ was for a long time... Carl would elitistly always hint about "the steez"

I have now found this place by luck, searching through google for Julius pieces and clicked on a "for sale" post by xcoldricex.

has carl even posted yet? :)

[quote user="massymas"]

I was wondering what the hell SZ was for a long time... Carl would elitistly always hint about "the steez"

I have now found this place by luck, searching through google for Julius pieces and clicked on a "for sale" post by xcoldricex.

[/quote]

Actually, 'The Steez' is StyleForum.

I learned of this site from a guy in this irc fashion channel related to the somethingawful.com forums. I've been puzzled that there haven't been any "serious" forums for menswear, and I pretty much love this place. The girls can have TFS for It's great to see people write as eloquently as on for instance askandyaboutclothes.com, yet focus on clothes more interesting to 20-/30-somethings.

With that said I live in a city devoid of that many good brands, but will probably be adding items by particularly Julius and Ann D for next season, which I'm definitely looking forward to.

[quote user="interman"]

I learned of this site from a guy in this irc fashion channel related to the somethingawful.com forums. I've been puzzled that there haven't been any "serious" forums for menswear, and I pretty much love this place. The girls can have TFS for It's great to see people write as eloquently as on for instance askandyaboutclothes.com, yet focus on clothes more interesting to 20-/30-somethings.

With that said I live in a city devoid of that many good brands, but will probably be adding items by particularly Julius and Ann D for next season, which I'm definitely looking forward to.

[/quote]

Hey, now - we certainly encourage female participation here!!! But, anyway, welcome.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I kid, I kid :)

Heard it mentioned on style forumwhich I frequent and various threads resulting from google. A lot offiltered concise info within a close-knit community. Nice job Faust.

I emailed Faust wondering why he doesnot post any messages in tfs anymore,that's how I know SZ.

btw, how can i upload pic when posting a message ?

found the fashionspot from googling Carpe Diem/Poell stuff
    saw a member called Faust who did loads of posting
    went to his blog, liked it, bookmarked it
    and weeks/months later Faust opened StyleZeitgeist and wrote about it in his blog
    that's how I came here :)

[quote user="boxma"]

I emailed Faust wondering why he doesnot post any messages in tfs anymore,that's how I know SZ.

btw, how can i upload pic when posting a message ?

[/quote]

use a hosting service, like tinypic.com or imageshack.us - upload your picture there. they will give you a readymade link for forums which you just paste in a body of a post.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine