Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How did you learn about StyleZeitgeist?

Quote Originally Posted by kamsky View Post
    Good friend told me about it; fairly sure he was one of the people that may've been messaged via TFS before this forum launched quite some time ago.

Have obviously been mostly lurking (see join date/post count) but am lately trying to contribute a bit more.
    You're friends with Susie Bubble?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Learned about SZ from a link on styleforum's SW&D section.

Purchased some items via an online boutique and I asked where one of the models got his shirt / what it was. I was refereed to look here for stockists and sizing info. Good Call~

Other than that, google images. (Looking for random items).

I believe it was referenced on StyleForum or it came up as I was googling something fashion related. Either way, I'm glad I found this; lotsa in depth shit here. hell I might even buy the magazine.
    Last edited by LotsaColours; 03-01-2014 at 03:24 AM.

ah yes, "in depth shit" was our second choice for a slogan
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

a lovely young lady on tumblr (missing-light)
    http://missing-light.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    ah yes, "in depth shit" was our second choice for a slogan
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I believe just searching real hard for rick owen stuff i ended up here somehow.

I think I first heard about SZ on boards.4chan.org/fa/while discussing with one of the incredibly few decent posters on there, this site was mentioned as a much better alternative.
    So yes I come from 4chan originally, yes I am ashamed and NO I don't go there anymore lol.
    "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

My partner participates in a few fashion forums, and during the holidays I noticed him referring to this particular one quite a bit. I was already on the future, but not very active. Oh, SZ...I love the huge back catalogue, the in-depth discussions on current collections, and the student work/DIY boards. It's awesome to have found a fashion community predominately interested in the specific type of design I am.

From a Graymarket interview

Quote Originally Posted by PandorasFate View Post
    a lovely young lady on tumblr (missing-light)
    http://missing-light.tumblr.com/
    this blog is full of desaturated pictures of korean knockoffs ... (?)

I found a photo of myself taken from SZ... which reminds me that:

- remember to keep covering face in photos
    - fuck tumblr, and the whole copy-paste, everything is free game culture it has bred.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Was googling really hard about Damir Doma work, and so found this board

I found this site many years ago while searching information about the boots. Maybe in 2009? I wore MOMA and Fiorentini+Baker 745 boots every day.

Slowly, but certainly, my wardrobe has changed. Different brands, less blue jeans or brown boots now

5 years ago - the owner of Darklands Berlin recommended it to me.

1,5 years ago - The guys from 3.14 advised me
    Now I do sometimes advise my friends)

I bought a jacket by a brand called HAUTE and wanted to know more about them, after alot of searching on the internet I found a small article by Faust, I think it was a blog called The Fashion Critic...? Anyway SZ was mentioned and I've been on&off here since about 2007-08?. BTW, I still have the jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by woupes View Post
    I bought a jacket by a brand called HAUTE and wanted to know more about them, after alot of searching on the internet I found a small article by Faust, I think it was a blog called The Fashion Critic...? Anyway SZ was mentioned and I've been on&off here since about 2007-08?. BTW, I still have the jacket.
    Ha, talk about a blast from the past! I don't have any HAUTE anymore, but used to love it. Vicenzo de Cotiis is first and foremost an architect and he does some cool interior design stuff. Lowrey is a big fan!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Ha, talk about a blast from the past! I don't have any HAUTE anymore, but used to love it. Vicenzo de Cotiis is first and foremost an architect and he does some cool interior design stuff. Lowrey is a big fan!
    I think I read somewhere that he designed a hotel in ?Berlin? If I remember correctly he designed the building, furniture, water faucets etc... anyway he made some great designs for clothes at that time.