• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Gary Graham

I like his work, it is a nice mix of modesty and luxury. He is one of the very few bright spots on the US fashion scene. I like the fabrics he uses, a bit similar to Paul Harnden. Come to think of it, his arte povera aesthetic is also a bit similar to Harnden, although it is definitely younger and more playful in feel.

http://www.garyggraham.com/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Gary Graham

SS06

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

FW05

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

SS05

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

FW04

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting this Faust. I always find it hard to sift through endless threads and pictures of women's lines since the market is so saturated, but you somehow manage to find hidden gems.

I really like the color pallete's he chooses for his seasons. Any background info on where he is from or where he studied?

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Although I wouldn't be surprised if IF carried him, Stel's in Boston (almost inexplicably) carries Gary Graham. It's all very organic, simple dyes, raw edges, elegant draping. Very neat stuff with very reasonable prices for small production womenswear!

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Although I wouldn't be surprised if IF carried him, Stel's in Boston (almost inexplicably) carries Gary Graham. It's all very organic, simple dyes, raw edges, elegant draping. Very neat stuff with very reasonable prices for small production womenswear!

-A

[/quote]

IF does carry it [Y]. SBW, not sure on the bio - but I love the work!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goethe
                  • Oct 2006

thanks for the pictures! reminds me of robert cary-williams a bit.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

I know him, he is from chicago, dont know about his background , but he used to be repped by Mao pr, and once did a collaboration with Liz collins. Myself , him and Zac posen was featured in a magazine together.

he has remained really consistent, but as you know......... avante-garde or non "good clean american sportwear" (which gives me the creeps) dont really do well here.

i wish him all the best of luck though, as he is a really interesting designer

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

I know him, he is from chicago, dont know about his background , but he used to be repped by Mao pr, and once did a collaboration with Liz collins. Myself , him and Zac posen was featured in a magazine together.

he has remained really consistent, but as you know......... avante-garde or non "good clean american sportwear" (which gives me the creeps) dont really do well here.

[/quote]

It really is unfortunate. I hope he steers his business smartly. BTW, do you remember a store in Tribeca that had his stuff? Was it his showroom, or did they just sell his clothes?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="zamb"]

[/quote]

It really is unfortunate. I hope he steers his business smartly. BTW, do you remember a store in Tribeca that had his stuff? Was it his showroom, or did they just sell his clothes?

i dont know the store, i only knowIFin SOHOsells him, and thats only because there is a store right around the corner that carries my line and iu stop at IF whenever i go there.

I know he is now repped (wholesale) by findings NY, , one of the problems he may have is that he makes some of his own fabrics (by distressing and distorting pre-existing fabrics though distressing, bleaching, removing threads etc) Tess Giberson also did this when she was doing her own collections, as a result i think they were able to only do limited runs of certain items, which can be a problem in growing ones business.

He was given a UPS grant two seasons ago, which enabled him to show at bryant park, i really thought that would have Launched him to another level, but i hasnt seem to be the case.............so far....

[/quote]

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I think the store was called Shack. It was on W.Bway in the Chambers St. vicinity. Of course they put a fucking Calypso in there now [+o(] [8o|]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

well such is the lot of us Non mainstream (avante garde) designers here in NYC,

thatas why rick owens was smart enough to flee to paris........... where he can have a greater audience and more appreciation for what he does

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎